A Tax Assistant prepares tax returns for businesses and individuals. Their duties include collecting data, maintaining company financial databases, staying current with IRS laws and regulations, using software to prepare returns, communicating with business owners, determining the best way to report income or losses, and electronic filing of returns.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Tax Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Tax Assistant resumes for your reference.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Accelerated and organized company tax returns for a national retail chain.
- Assisted in the preparation of federal, state, and local income tax returns for a “Top Ten” accounting firm.
- Finalized audit assignments in a timely manner for an international banking corporation.
- Recognized for outstanding customer service when assisting customers with their year-end tax planning strategies.
- Reorganized four years of complex corporate transactions into an easy-to-digest format for management reporting requirements.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Performed as a full-time employee in preparation of tax submissions and revised returns.
- Introduced new computer software, micro-computers to IRS employees.
- Provided information, support and materials to taxpayers who represent businesses which were audited by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for its determination of a tax liability for ten years or more.
- Provided financial support for disabled individuals according to grant guidelines; established business accounts; applied for grant funds; coordinated with allied churches.
- Edited, corrected, proofread reports after preparing them or after being requested by the client, who prepared reports for another individual or entity.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Met current and past clients in the community and on-site at the office. Introduced self to employer, and became an integral part of a cohesive team.
- Prepared corporate, partnership, and individual income tax returns, as well as foreign persons’ returns. Calculated federal income taxes, employment taxes, Social Security taxes, and self-employment taxes from information provided by taxpayers. Maintained currency in tax law knowledge by attending seminars to stay abreast of changes and trends.
- Achieved 100% accuracy in preparing returns. Received a client’s highest compliment by his wife, who complimented me for the first time in five years.
- Received special recognition for my internship for two months with a large international accounting firm as a Tax Assistant.
- Achieved a 98% success rate in resolving tax problems and issues with all levels of client concerns.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Assisted with the preparation of tax returns and analyzed preparation of complex tax return issues; analyzed business placement, business development, financial analysis, and taxation analysis.
- Investigated and resolved numerous tax disputes for clients with the Internal Revenue Service or other government entities as needed.
- Research and determined facts for adverse tax treatment by state taxing authorities in order to resolve problems.
- Performed a variety of tasks related to calculating taxes, preparing bills for payment according to IRS regulations, preparing documentation for depositing tax payments into individual bank accounts, organizing and filing 1099 forms by month, etc.
- Received award for outstanding accuracy and efficient management of accounts receivable and payments.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Identified and processed tax-exempt, taxable, and other business entities; drafted partnership agreements; issued corporate income tax returns and legal documents.
- Performed audits in an accurate and timely manner; prepared and reviewed amended tax returns for multiple corporations.
- Received outstanding quality award; maintained standard of excellence. Retained by the IRS for the next six years before accepting a position with the Internal Audit Division within the Department of Education.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to loan applications from previous employers as a way to determine service needs.
- Helped prepare an International Financial Statement audit report for the Department of Education and the U.S. Government as a whole; reviewed, analyzed and audited financial statements and tax returns.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Conducted complex tax research and analysis involving numerous IRS statutes, federal regulations, and state laws; resolved over 150 disputed tax returns.
- Prepared a $1.3 million income tax appeal for the IRS; received a complete legal victory while helping the taxpayer save over $200,000 in back taxes.
- Resolved complex accounting impediments for multiple commercial clients; used my knowledge of GAAP to advise companies on proper financial reporting.
- Assisted the Internal Revenue Service with criminal investigations by analyzing income tax data using computations and statistical analysis; provided data pertinent to prosecuting individuals involved in illegal drug activity.
- Delivered cost savings to payroll processing operations by auditing W-2 forms; identified over $300,000 in erroneous deductions and overpayments.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Audited returns for over fifty corporations, partnerships, and individual taxpayers.
- Assisted in preparing the company’s tax policy manual, vetting important documents such as leases, contracts and corporate minutes.
- Recognized by Internal Revenue Service for outstanding achievement and superior client service.
- Promoted to head assistant for the entire corporation; responsible for performance evaluations, reviews of work papers, and accountability for assigned staff.
- Received award recognizing service as an exceptional member of the company’s management team possessing knowledge in all areas of accounting from preparation to presentation of financial statements; educated new employees on professional standards set forth by the firm.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Created and maintained accurate, complete, and organized administrative files for clients.
- Oversaw extensive books of accounts for clients. Reviewed all financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flows.
- Assessed client’s ability to pay taxes owed through the preparation of reports on the clients’ income, expenses, and business transactions.
- Drafted correspondence to adjust client’s income, losses, deductions and credits when necessary.
- Prepared tax returns for a variety of businesses across the United States; exclusively provided relevant detailed work related to each client’s individual tax situation.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Prepared T-1’s, W-2’s, 1099s, and tax returns.
- Hired & trained 1st-year tax assistants.
- Coached, trained, & received commendations from many local and regional clients who were satisfied with our team’s ability to “get the job done right.”
- Supervised over 22 employees in the junior/entry-level to the senior level of an office with over 50 employees.
- Received several awards of excellence including a clean audit.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Effectively applied tax law knowledge before, during, and after-tax audits for clients.
- Uncovered and promoted a cost-savings analysis with respect to employee benefit plans.
- Helped identify and resolve processing errors made by the client’s bookkeeper during documented audits.
- Complemented a superior level of service and customer satisfaction with an increased salary of 20% over three years.
- Provided excellent customer service to clients who are extremely demanding as well as some known for suing if service expectations are not met.
Tax Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Completed a comprehensive review of the client’s tax returns and financial statements for analysis.
- Researched and compared various tax legislation and court cases to formulate a resolution for the client’s special tax audit.
- Delivered an explanation of findings to the Internal Revenue Service on behalf of the client.
- Received an award at annual Accounting Conference for an outstanding performance in providing exceptional service for clients; resolved tax issues with IRS auditors.
- Maintained a positive working relationship with other professionals and clients, even during periods of budget constraints.
Educational requirements to be a tax assistant are a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field. A tax assistant must demonstrate stamina, excellent math and computer skills, patience, confidentiality, strong attention to detail, experience with general ledger, organizational skills, and ability to work independently.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.