Special Events Managers work for businesses that host events for customers, potential customers and employees. Their duties include developing and executing a successful special event within a given budget, generating interest in the organization through the special event, providing materials and follow-up information to participants and internal departments, managing and supporting committees or planning staff, hiring vendors , caterers, etc.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Special Events Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Special Events Manager resumes for your reference.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 1
- Oversaw the coordination and scheduling of volunteers for over 30,000 hours annually; recognized by President as a key contributor to the corporation’s success.
- Directed the implementation of design plans; obtained successful approval from the property owners association (PHA).
- Decreased overall costs by replacing labor-intensive tasks with capital-intensive means; earned “Manager of the Year” award for reducing expenses and increasing safety during construction tasks.
- Reduced staffing requirements by hiring outstanding temporary employees; demonstrated knowledge and skill in testing, training, and screening candidates prior to employment.
- Streamlined the distribution process, reduced operational costs; recognized by President as a founder of Visionary Marketing.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 2
- Strategic planning, administration, and organization of multi-day events consisting of thousands of participants.
- Organized multi-day events with military precision.
- Maintained income reports to target budget figures during event planning.
- Negotiated contracts to secure companies for future events.
- Developed and implemented creative ideas that generated creative solutions for logistical problems that resulted in successful execution of events.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 3
- Established an effective administrative system for Special Events Department.
- Revised and redesigned departmental schedules to increase productivity and profitability by reducing labor costs.
- Managed vendors, coordinated special events, and organized volunteers for X company annual convention.
- Increased attendance by 20% during first year of employment through adherence to standard operating procedures; trained staff on new SOPs.
- Established positive working relationships with key vendors, including securing donated space, audiovisual equipment, service staff, staging people & equipment, food & beverage, equipment rentals & supplies.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 4
- Recognized by the CEO for creating an environment that promoted sales and profitability; achieved record sales during difficult economic times.
- Innovative approach to customer service; developed strategy to collect data which resulted in direct mail marketing campaign that captured substantial new business leads.
- Awarded for successful completion of Competency Modeling training program; increased productivity measures by 12% within one year.
- Eliminated turnover problems by being willing to go the extra mile to overcome obstacles faced by staff members.
- Hired, trained, and mentored a team of employees who performed beyond expectations during launch of Company’s new product line.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed international events by coordinating the action of multiple nations’ delegates at conferences, trade shows, and other engagements.
- Conducted research on international conventions to determine critical factors for success.
- Negotiated with foreign delegates to procure event budgets.
- Aided in preparing national bids to secure future contracts for hosting international showcases/fairs/conventions/trials.
- Promoted international coordination efforts through hiring local liaisons, conference coordinators, translators, and interpreters.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 6
- Accurately estimated audience attendance at large events to meet the fundraising needs of non-profit organizations.
- Managed, planned, and organized various special events including charity banquets, musical concerts, celebrity appearances, and product launches.
- Continued to post annual record income for non-profit organizations; earned repeat clients with major charitable organizations.
- Juggled multiple responsibilities in the success of major events; managed three full-time employees.
- Produced an event that raised $120,000 within six months for a charity organization; earned praise from the organization’s director for surpassing previous records by $15K in revenue raised during their most successful year.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 7
- Ran an efficient and profitable corporate event coordinating program with a significant increase in profits for the corporation.
- Minimally supervised team of 10, including supervisors, as we successfully coordinated company meetings for hundreds of employees and clients. Impressed with efficient coordination of meetings and subsequent savings in hosting costs.
- Contracted entertaining acts, designed festive decorations and décor, and orchestrated fun-filled entertainment to ensure that company events were memorable and successful.
- Saved the organization thousands of dollars annually by managing all functions at trade shows allowing direct contact with customers to increase sales. Reduced the company’s reliance on outside services allowing increased profit margins.
- Assisted a friend to plan a successful 250th birthday party for a dear friend’s father. This event raised money for the organization.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 8
- Held the responsibility of coordinating all aspects of an annual gala for over 3,000 people.
- Created a successful event planning process to ensure maximum appreciation for guest attendees.
- Coordinated all functions to ensure high level of success for awards presentation ceremony, including two videos, two music performances, and a 60-ft. long video display.
- Attended the awards presentation ceremony, immediately after which he personally presented over $1 million in prizes at the end of the ceremony.
- Learned to accept responsibilities without expecting specific results.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 9
- Researched and conducted a comprehensive venue analysis for a Million Dollar Wedding.
- Managed the planning and execution of a corporate, corporate charity event.
- Created 32 presentations for over 100 company sponsored events.
- Achieved award for highest employee attendance at annual employee recognition event; maintained number one management position with attendance levels at over 80%.
- Earned award for best communication skills; effectively recorded all events by telephone and email and distributed results to over 60 people within the company in the form of reports.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 10
- Initiated new network of contacts with venues, vendors, volunteers, and staff through management of special events.
- Increased corporate image and reputation with the community by managing the company’s annual volunteer program.
- Maintained event attendance records; recognized with the award for best Event Planner with highest number of attending guests for two consecutive years.
- Recruited over 100 new clients to the firm by developing network of business relationships through social occasions.
- Achieved an increase in ticket sales by having positive attitude; gave VIP treatment to business contacts at special events.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 11
- Advised, planned, and executed all special events for company including: fundraisers, trade shows, and galas.
- Managed volunteers to ensure timely set-up and tear-down of trade show and gala booths.
- Conceived and created unique fundraising plans that personally raised over $50,000 for charities.
- Managed corporate sponsorship program; actively solicited corporate sponsorships for company’s annual fundraiser resulting in $250,000 raised.
- Planned social functions such as holiday parties and anniversary dinners resulting in favorable employee satisfaction ratings.
Special Events Manager Resume Sample 12
- Produced six live International Music Festivals, including World Electronic Music Festival (Italy), World Hip-Hop Dance Festival (Germany), World Drum and Dance Festival (Germany), Caribbean Voyage (Dominican Republic), and Voyage Latino (Brazil).
- Selectively organized special events for thousands of people. Discovered one out of every three event organizers making over $100,000 annually.
- Handled various duties including change management, vendor management, event planning, marketing, sales, customer service & satisfaction. Maintained websites for all six festivals for 18 months.
- Influenced spirit of festivals by selecting music, designing costumes, grooming performers, and maintaining venues.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service / satisfaction in managing World Electronic Music Festival.
to assist in events. To work as a Special Events Manager, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in marketing or Event Management. A Special events Manager must collaborate with a team of people, have planning skills, problem-solving skills, be a quick thinker, attention to detail, budget preparation, and organization.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.