Software Development Project Managers oversee software-related development projects on behalf of a company or organization. Their duties include managing projects, hiring developers, ensuring timely project completion, facilitating software development, offering support to staff members, overseeing budgets, and collaborating with leaders, developers, and business analysts.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Software Development Project Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Software Development Project Manager resumes for your reference.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed projects to completion by communicating with staff, suppliers, and client organization.
- Achieved program acceptance for projects of over $55,000 by opening new relationships with staff members who were previously unknown to me.
- Fulfilled requirements of requirements for projects of over $250,000 without compromising the integrity of the final product.
- Performed quality assurance work to ensure project specifications were met.
- Ensured consistent quality review of designs by gathering appropriate data and researching alternative approaches for resolving design issues at every phase of project development.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 2
- Dedicated to customer satisfaction through effective project management; ensured that projects were finished on time by implementing team management techniques.
- Implemented time-management package to motivate software developers to finish assignments within scheduled time limits.
- Responded with immediate solutions to solve customers’ problems after recognizing technical issues via phone calls and e-mail.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts of software applications while providing training for sales teams in the use of new applications.
- Created, gathered, analyzed, and disseminated information for project status reports to meet deadlines.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 3
- Maintained on schedule and within budget for all phases of each project.
- Responded effectively to change directives, rarely without first proposing new workable solutions.
- Delivered market-ready products to support the corporation’s cross-country marketing plans, including tagging of retail products with bar codes.
- Selected as the only developer to represent the company at an international conference regarding the use of client-server technology.
- Helped develop Windows 95 computer software that continues to sell over ten years after its introduction, recognized by the President of the company as a key development in launching high-profit new product lines.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed and completed web applications for a Presidential Global Migrant Project.
- Helped develop and implement a custom database for the City of Columbus, Ohio government.
- Developed and implemented a custom database solution for the Macon County (Georgia) Governments Technology department.
- Developed and implemented software solutions on an Oracle Integrated Database platform.
- Managed up to 15 projects with team members who had an average of 9 years of related experience between them.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed an 84-person software development project by creating a “Quality First” environment, building team trust, and providing the necessary expertise to deliver on time, within budget.
- Organized task forces with management representatives from client companies to provide suggestions for system enhancements required for end-user functionality.
- Identified opportunities for system enhancements at the start of the project that will allow the company to meet future requirements even after completion of the project.
- Managed multiple simultaneous tasks in PC environments by coordinating the availability of key personnel, scheduling demonstrations, coordinating with vendors, and communicating effectively with owners of their assigned projects.
- Developed professional relationships with owners of assigned projects by maintaining adherence to project schedules, resolving conflicts creatively, and communicating effectively.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 6
- Wrote scripts, refined processes, and tracked down bugs for over 400 development projects.
- Trained associates to succeed as production managers by creating a system of documentation that enabled them to effectively communicate their tasks to others.
- Helped develop an innovative website application, which included the use of client-side scripting for dynamic retrieval of data from databases on the client’s side.
- Compiled statistics for the new software application’s use based on reports from its successful use by users.
- Received recognition by peers as Top Sales Project Manager during the project development phase of 18 months.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 7
- Supervised 32 software development projects for one client within one year.
- Designed and oversaw the installation of data-warehousing, online analytical processing, and master data management programs for financial institution clients.
- Diagnosed technical problems on software development projects by interviewing developers and system analysts before initiating on-site reviews.
- Derived requirements and developed software documentation quickly and accurately to meet business processes’ needs.
- Maintained software development projects in line with budget and schedule by avoiding common errors such as over-utilizing resources, not fully analyzing alternatives, or having unrealistic deadlines.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed and coordinated team members to complete projects.
- Designed and revised processes for the systems integration of new software applications.
- Communicated with program users and vendors to resolve problems and enhance performance.
- Analyzed data and made recommendations, through documentation and presentations, to improve system operations.
- Evaluated the effectiveness of the organization’s business processes by monitoring workflow data during regular monthly reviews.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed software development projects in an account-based environment to meet deadlines and contractual obligations.
- Created, presented, and tested high-level project management tools to evaluate progress in each phase of development.
- Presented new software products to management at I/O 2005 Las Vegas.
- Participated in the coordination of QA testing, product testing, and certification for major new releases at multiple sites spanning six continents.
- Achieved an increase in profits by 20% within the first year of employment.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 10
- Researched the latest programming languages, tools, and algorithms.
- Directed nine experienced programmers to complete the development of software for an environmental consulting firm in less than four months.
- Documented all bugs, tested software, and created documentation for over 400 functions without missing a deadline.
- Coordinated the implementation of a large-scale software solution for a global industrial company.
- Worked with senior-level management to maintain project goals and deadlines to completion within the office management budget.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 11
- Developed and managed task-based projects in a timely and effective manner; earned recognition for my leadership abilities.
- Prepared integrated project plans, specifications, and schedules for integration with existing projects.
- Implemented new business processes on a low-risk program to obtain $3.0 million of new funding which resulted in an increase of $0.7 million in sales and $5.7 million in revenue within the first year of implementation.
- Conducted analysis and managed detailed design activities on a project including requirements gathering, vendor selection, development planning, risk management planning, quality assurance planning for new products under development by a single vendor.
- Assisted in the creation of an enterprise-wide information center as part of a $65 million quality and productivity initiative.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 12
- Managed staff and provided leadership for project completion.
- Designed and implemented a business intelligence system to enable data-driven decision-making in order to expedite accurate resource allocation decisions.
- Effectively led the implementation of new technologies; when an enemy attacked, I responded with ingenuity, confidence, and enthusiasm.
- Taken internal and external initiatives to improve staff morale and commitment.
- Became proficient in evaluating software technology with a focus on integrating new technologies into existing business solutions.
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 13
- Recognized by the company’s president for establishing absolute efficiency and quality level in project development, exceeding deadlines, and exceeding customer expectations.
- Imperiled to protect operations by micro-managing design requirements until flawless implementation.
- Effectively coordinated an accelerated release schedule to meet time constraints.
- Demonstrated teaming skills—co-authored group project with four other department heads, an employee lounge remodel, and a computer network redesign project to restore operations after client loss.
- Masterfully coordinated production deadlines for two software products during four months of development effort; established personal productivity rate at over five hours per day (85 percent).
Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 14
- Successfully managed and drove the development of a $5 million customer service and technical support system for a well-known automobile manufacturer.
- Collaborated, achieved consensus, and brought about unity among multiple business units and corporate entities to establish a single voice across all business departments.
- Guided the establishment, nurturing, and growth of an automated help desk system that permits self-service for technical issues by customers.
- Cross-trained team members to comprehend, identify, comprehend, and resolve complex customer problems that incorporated diverse technologies.
- Assembled, lead, and nurtured a team of internal and external resources to develop a platform-independent customer service portal from concept to completion.
To work as one, a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business administration, or project management is preferred, with some requiring project management experience. Software Development Project Managers must demonstrate a knowledge of Java, Linux, SQL, and Microsoft Office, demonstrate excellent technical expertise and communication skills, as well as be organized, team players, analytical, and problem-solvers.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Software Development Project Manager Resume Samples
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 1
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 2
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 3
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 4
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 5
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 6
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 7
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 8
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 9
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 10
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 11
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 12
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 13
- Software Development Project Manager Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up