A Senior Linus Administrator maintains all the servers of a company. Their duties include supervising technical support of hardware installation, providing support on Linux applications, assisting with web applications, supervising PCI compliance, designing firewalls, providing support for email users, and developing internet search engines.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Senior Linux Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Senior Linux Administrator resumes for your reference.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Reformed and standardized the Network Operating System (NOS) for public use by designing, developing, and implementing Linux cross-platform software.
- Developed new network security protocols that met the needs of the users; received accolades for enhancing company security while simultaneously increasing efficiency.
- Coordinated top salesmen to develop a state-of-the-art Internet server; directly oversaw the development of hardware, software, and networking options resulting in high profit margin on clients’ network services.
- Achieved award for Global Commerce; developed international purchasing system designed to meet all aspects of compliance with federal regulations while maximizing profit margins on international shipping.
- Recognized as a top-performing manager by motivating employees with creative and innovative solution to problems; awarded staff members the coveted Golden Apple Award.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Successfully lead team of five Linux professionals to build, test, and deploy enterprise-class server infrastructure at a single location.
- Built upon existing systems to upgrade the IT infrastructure of the organization while maintaining compatibility with existing applications.
- Implemented new software for automated storage management, database search functions, web server load balancing, and application delivery.
- Supervised the installation and configuration of over 200 Linux machines over 6 months; trained operators on new systems; demonstrated strong leadership skills within remote team.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by the Director of Technology; earned highest designation of ‘Exemplary’.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Managed a team of five Linux administrators with multidimensional responsibilities.
- Set realistic goals for the team with appropriate milestones and achieved results to meet goals in less than two weeks. Included setting up a new server with Jetty, Apache, Maven, Jenkins, SSH keys and configuring that into a working environment.
- Functioned as a senior advisor that supervised junior staff members in a dynamic and ever changing environment of rapid change. Understood staff performance and difficulties they were going through to provide guidance and direction on how to improve their performance level.
- Developed new server membership applications while simultaneously designing and implementing new internal routines for staff on-boarding, training, performance evaluation, and employee benefits.
- Proactively provided education to staff members on Linux administration, internal security policies, internal human resources policies, and other best practices. Provided effective leadership on team meetings to coordinate department work flow.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Installed, configured, and administered Red Hat Enterprise Linux server (RHEL) to support 150 users.
- Trained junior Linux administrators to remotely identify the cause of computer problems; increased first-time fix rate from 75% to 95%.
- Collaborated with Network Administrators to configure secure remote access for Information Technology staff, Network Administrators, Systems Administrators, and Information Technology Managers.
- Identified short-term technical issues that impacted Information Technology staff members’ day-to-day responsibilities.
- Resolved complex network problems that adversely affected employee productivity.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Created a Linux community website offering help, coaching, and professional development for all things open source.
- Scaled deployment of the world’s largest social network into over 120 countries.
- Consolidated security team members through project management techniques to further the audit rotation cycle by ten days.
- Standardized document templates for collaboration between multiple departments to increase efficiency among team members.
- Reduced LINUX help desk calls by 50% through increased user empowerment and increased staff education about LINUX applications.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Successfully maintained a Linux system in a production environment, which included a high-end server, a top-of-the-line workstation, and additional software applications.
- Implemented and customized network security strategies to protect the entire LAN from unauthorized access over the Internet.
- Created and implemented preventative measures to prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to the system.
- Optimized Linux operating systems with enhanced desktop performance and security measures for systems containing large volumes of data.
- Installed, configured, and administered multiple Linux servers. Performed major upgrades on current and new servers to ensure maximum performance and reliability of systems.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Responsible for the entire network infrastructure in Linux environment including network card, routers, switches, firewalls, and servers.
- Installed and configured all network components to optimize performance in a scalable environment.
- Achieved 100% up-time on production servers by creating backup server site at remote location.
- Coordinated all aspects of Internationalization/Localization for company’s official website in 10 languages.
- Performed multiple levels of system administration tasks including installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Directed over sixty worldwide customer-facing systems during the development of the state’s largest Information Technology Information Center.
- Established server hardware, networks, and software for over fifteen departmental systems.
- Established new network protocols which resulted in lower response time for billing services.
- Created computer-aided records of multiple state agencies’ information to ensure information security.
- Developed employment related skills including personnel management, employee relations, computer technology analysis, problem solving, budget analysis, and decision making.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Optimized and deployed instructions instructions designed to organize, manage, and present information to program end users.
- Overhauled a project that was under-performing.
- Implemented user names, passwords, automatic log-ins for more than 10 different programs with user sign-up requirements.
- Received commendations for identifying security vulnerabilities before the flaws were publicly documented.
- Corrected issues with multiple applications resulting in system slowdowns of no more than 15 minutes each week.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Successfully managed the implementation of a new automated system activating individual accounts for employees.
- Installed and configured Red Hat/CentOS Linux servers, Fedora Core Linux workstation, and VMware virtual servers.
- Facilitated and trained users in the use of third-party applications such as Oracle 10g Relational Database Server, QNX Momentics Tool Suite, WebSphere MQ, Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, VMWare ESX Server 3i Enterprise Edition Server Management Tools, Internet Explorer Version 7.0 Web Browsers, FireFox 2.x Internet Browsers.
- Revised process to create a centralized backup solution for ensuring data integrity and security.
- Maintained security of Linux systems by creating accounts, removing unnecessary services/applications, disabling unnecessary shell access, and enforcing password policies.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Adept at troubleshooting security problems in Linux web servers, giving highly accurate analyses of network, hardware, software, and human factors when called to maintenance.
- Independent in the level 2 hardware rebuilding when called to replace damaged hard drives in Linux systems.
- Completed at home all operating system updates within a timely manner before any breach in system security occurred.
- Performed database backup task to secure data for customer satisfaction at their convenience.
- Trained field-work staff regarding data backup procedures to ensure customer satisfaction with our service response time.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Researched and performed project, network, and server support for key university operations.
- Managed and prepared presentation documentation for use at the university.
- Created an interface between information technology personnel and university personnel as well as coordination of communications between groups.
- Determined standard procedures for access to campus, including recruiting and training.
- Managed campus computer systems including network configuration, LAN security, and PC maintenance.
Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Managed a 24/7/365 global web server, server cluster, and storage device network.
- Designed and installed an automated backup system with disk replication utilizing 48 TB of storage for continuity in the event of disaster.
- Configured, integrated, and maintained a Linux firewall with application monitoring.
- Maintained security of over 1.7 million lines of code, including 10 percent of all Linux-based production systems.
- Integral member of two teams that successfully implemented the Microsoft® Windows® 2000® operating system on top 20 applications in the company.
To be a senior Linux administrator, you must have a bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or a related field, plus Oracle Linux System Administration Certification. A Linux Administrator must demonstrate excellent communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, customer service skills, dependability, proficiency in Linux operating systems, strong interpersonal skills, and troubleshooting skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Senior Linux Administrator Resume Samples
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Senior Linux Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up