Respite Workers provide support to full-time caretakers to people with disabilities. Their duties include assisting with tasks, providing emotional support, monitoring behavior, working with children, helping build skills, providing structure, and assisting and updating family members.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Respite Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Respite Worker resumes for your reference.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 1
- Performed excellent job of supervising children in the daycare center. Kept each child in the program safe, clean, and well-fed.
- Developed a relationship with each child by getting to know them individually. Made sure they had plenty of toys to play with while they were with us in the daycare center.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; worked hard to improve the overall quality of our facility after observing how the last two teachers had performed their jobs.
- Received notice from superior that I was a standout employee and was awarded a bonus check for $200.00 which I used to pay off my school loan.
- Volunteered my time at the local Boys and Girls club at night.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 2
- Acknowledged by the Association of Respite Care in an effort to assist caregivers of people with disabilities.
- Developed library of materials for respite patients and created a classroom for learning; received recognition as Respite Worker of the Month.
- Offered respite care to individuals living in group homes and assisted them with activities such as dressing and sitting up; available to work additional hours when requested by employers.
- Provided respite care according to scope of practice guidelines; updated on changes in policies and procedures by reading professional publications and attending workshops presented at local conferences.
- Acknowledged for providing professional, quality care to respite patients; demonstrated bilinguality in Spanish and English; able to adapt care based on each patient’s ability.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 3
- Respite worker; enjoyed working with children and supporting their caregivers by providing a friendly and safe environment for them.
- Mentored new respite workers; taught them how to interact with children and how to handle emergency situations.
- Trained in basic life support; responded to emergency situations such as choking and unconsciousness.
- Volunteered for school events; helped students by setting up the gym, organizing food service, and cleaning classrooms after school activities.
- Recipient of certificate of recognition for completing child safety training program.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 4
- Adhered to the agencies’ guidelines for documentation, including referencing each individual’s level of need, as well as sharing information regarding transference with other agencies.
- Created a comprehensive database for the agency including client identifiers, previous educators, and address of the child.
- Recognized for excellent service by fellow workers; effectively responded to changes in staffing and special requests by clients.
- Achieved award based upon completion of continuous quality improvement form (CQI).
Respite Worker Resume Sample 5
- Functioned as a supervisor at Eastbrook Child Development Center and assisted with the daily operation of the Center’s center.
- Maintained a safe environment for children and ensured that their needs & comfort was met.
- Communicated with parents about child’s activities; coordinated parent/staff conferences.
- Prepared staff schedules, booked staff, arranged outings and other extracurricular activities, scheduled play dates, conducted individualized counseling sessions, composed correspondence to parents and general correspondence to SIDS/CPS agencies in case of death or serious bodily injury to the children.
- Prepared center for opening and closing procedures.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 6
- Successfully established a program for follow-up support for children with special needs.
- Provided exceptional care to individuals with physical and cognitive handicaps; recognized by the State of Florida for serving in one of the highest-risk facilities.
- Implemented creative methods to enhance socialization skills for young adults; received award from University of Miami’s Psychology Department.
- Assisted developmental psychologists in testing and administering intelligence, visual, auditory and language tests to young girls ages three through five.
- Noted as a Credit Union Supervisor’s Superstar; handled more than 10 customers at a time while providing quick service with positive results.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 7
- Provided extra care for children with disabilities at the respite center on weekends; worked with children ages 2-5.
- Acted as a role model by counseling mothers regarding stress and parenting.
- Maintained a safe environment while promoting family values among people of different socioeconomic groups.
- Worked well with parents to develop a personalized program for each child in the group home.
- Perform well in providing assistance to caregivers during emergencies situations.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 8
- Provided respite care to a child who needed round-the-clock supervision.
- Took charge of a child with autism; established daily routines that facilitated the child’s responsiveness.
- Performed long distance transport of two children from Los Angeles to New York; maintained consistent daily contact with families and agencies involved.
- Relocated three children every three months for 10 months; resourcefully coordinated with family members, caseworkers, and local school districts.
- Found temporary foster homes when permanent placement was delayed, resulting in less stressful transitions for the children involved.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 9
- Routinely responsible for collecting daily receipts for children’s meals, providing quality of care and well-being to children. Set up and maintained supplies, games, and equipment in the classroom.
- Recognized by community officials for outstanding performance.
- Recognized by supervisor as a valued employee.
- Resigned a position at another facility after receiving excellent performance review from the facility’s executive director.
- Recruited as outside provider recruiting services to provide staffing requirements in another local school system.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 10
- Excellent communication skills developed through daily interaction with children, parents and colleagues.
- Team player; partnered with teachers to promote learning for the youngest students.
- Recognized by Home Health Agency for outstanding achievements in fostering independence and self-esteem in children.
- Worked with preschoolers to promote positive self-image; taught them how to manage their time by playing games with them every morning before school.
- Awarded “A” rating from Child Protective Services for assisting in investigating reports of child abuse and neglect.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 11
- Gathered information and data on the daily lives of parents, children, teachers, and administrators. Evaluated a total of 34 students’ physical and emotional needs during their waking hours.
- Identified needs based on responses to questionnaire directed by teacher in front office.
- Visited classrooms to assess students’ emotional/ physical needs.
- Helped to address the emotional needs of parents in the waiting room during pick up time.
- Provided emotional support to parents who had become ill during the day.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 12
- Recipient of “Care to the Max” award; served over 200 individuals in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; effectively provided services in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Provided a safe and enriching environment for young children; ensured their physical, emotional, and social well-being.
- Earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to agency guidelines regarding customer service.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively maintained files.
Respite Worker Resume Sample 13
- Personally prepared, cooked, and cleaned all meals for the 3 children in my care.
- Provided emotional support to child with special needs; made sure he arrived on time for school.
- Taught the children respect and discipline by following the rules established by their parents.
- Planned, invited and hosted a birthday party fro one of the children.
- Served as a positive role model for children to follow; demonstrated strong work ethic by keeping a clean environment.
To work as a Respite Worker, you must have a high school diploma/GED, experience working with children/youth, driver’s license, clean driving record, and able to pass a background check and drug test. Respite Workers must demonstrate patience, excellent communication, good attitude, be a team player, dependable, organized, have a high-stress tolerance, and be people-oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.