A release of information specialist works in the medical setting, retrieving medical records as needed. Duties include gathering attorney record requests, Social Security record requests, client record requests, physician record requests, insurance record requests, denial letters for invalid requests, monitoring HIPAA compliance, and organizing and filing records. A postsecondary or associate degree program in health information technology is usually required, a High School diploma or equivalent with previous experience is sometimes acceptable.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Release Of Information Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Release Of Information Specialist resumes for your reference.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Achieved a 100% release of information rate for the last two years with no complaints.
- Successfully completed my certification in March 2011 allowing me to process records requests from all Federal, State, and Local Government Agencies including the Department of Justice.
- Processed 2000+ record requests per year without fail or complaint from various federal agencies; recognized by Agency for this accomplishment.
- Earned six employer commendations for supporting multiple customer requests involving litigation matters; recognized by Senior Management staff.
- Completed 4000+ record searches across five databases within one business day while reducing non-customer complaints by 50%.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Managed a team of eight individuals while maintaining all internal and external reporting related to the customer records database.
- Achieved 106 percent of data accuracy goals for all released information within six months; recognized by supervisor with award.
- Effectively completed all tasks in an allotted time frame, from merging addresses to resolving disputes with customers on their records.
- Recognized for completing work well ahead of schedule; responsible for assisting coworkers with queries regarding proper handling of cases.
- Provided quality customer service by coordinating extensions and renewals, as well as updating contacts accordingly during the annual cycle.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Provided exceptional service to the hospital by enforcing HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
- Utilized an electronic medical record (EMR) system for patient documentation, billing records, and medical transcription needs.
- Maintained high standards of confidentiality during patient treatment; followed HIPAA guidelines to prevent unauthorized disclosures of patients’ personal health information.
- Supported physicians, nurses, technicians, orderlies, clerks, clinical staff members and other members of the hospital staff in performing their responsibilities.
- Accurately documented procedures with a high degree of attention to detail for accurate processing through a paperless EMR system.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Composed letters of appreciation to veterans, soldiers, and individuals who have dedicated their time to serving the nation.
- Provided high quality customer service by resolving release of information requests within company guidelines.
- Researched, deciphered, analyzed local history records for family members interested in tracing their roots during spare moments.
- Achieved National Archives Certification after studying 500+ hours with limited supervision over 12 months.
- Organized policy revisions covering federal statutes within five years; involved with drafting appendix materials inclusive of appendixes. Secured new position as specialist with increased scope of responsibility.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Aggressively promoted, trained and motivated a team of 12 to develop a new department that streamlined the process of data collection for customer records.
- Effectively organized and maintained methods of retrieving records from across four campuses for more than 100,000 students.
- Assembled statistics related to student demographics through sorting documents according to more than 350 categories which included age, ethnicity, living arrangements, parental income level, degree program major, institution attended before transferring or graduating.
- Improved time efficiency by 25% through development of an automated system which allowed requests to be processed faster with greater specificity.
- Earned appreciation from Director for software documentation that streamlined workflow process and access to information retrieval.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Reviewed and organized hospital patient records for the release of information; tracked requests by type of record, date, and requester.
- Assisted in coordinating phone calls to patients about their share of bills; improved communication between patients and billing department.
- Streamlined daily filing process by developing a filing system for the central file room; improved efficiency and accuracy while maintaining strict confidentiality standards.
- Responsible for all data entry related to students’ grades and transcripts; compiled information from various sources including teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators.
- Acted as the liaison between patients’ families, insurance companies, doctors offices, therapists, etc.; accurately directed inquiries regarding shared medical expenses.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Processed approximately 1,000 documents per month for release of information requests from physicians and attorneys.
- Met departmental production standards as a document processor.
- Actively participated in improving work processes by sharing cost-effective ideas with multiple supervisor levels.
- Formulated changes to existing procedures to improve customer service and speed turnaround time of processing requests.
- Recognized as the “go-to” person for questions about policy and procedure due to quality training documentation development.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Provided customer service and support of company policies and procedures to internal and external customers.
- Aided departmental operations by maintaining, monitoring, and updating information systems; resolving problems that may arise with the system’s performance.
- Prepared reports of changes submitted by field team members for approval; coordinated data collection, verification, and processing activities.
- Facilitated data analysis processes used in assessing market conditions for strategic decision making by compiling information from multiple sources into a standardized format.
- Led cross-functional teams on projects related to industry research initiatives determined to enhance marketplace positioning through product development.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Reorganized filing system in a highly confidential rental client’s office to reduce occurrences of erroneous paper trails.
- Improved customer relations through extensive telephone work and documentation by resolving discrepancies in records.
- Transcribed, combined, and reformatted medical documents which aided physicians in searching for past patient information.
- Informed customers that billing department was no longer accepting checks via mail to protect the public from identity theft.
- Assisted federal agents in collecting needed evidence from multiple cell phones during divorce proceedings; processed data quickly and efficiently with attention to detail.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Assisted customers by expediting release of information requests from insurance companies, credit bureaus and law enforcement agencies for their protection.
- Determined the validity of release of medical records to research firms within six months from application submission.
- Profiled customer needs and preferences regarding investigation methods into a release of information request.
- Consulted with management regarding policy changes that would help customers more quickly receive accurate data upon request.
- Established efficient communication channels between customers and company managers to achieve positive results before referring cases back to managers for approval.
Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Performed a variety of clerical and administrative functions to ensure the efficient operation of departmental activities including processing various vendor invoices, checks, expense reports, and other financial documents.
- Effectively maintained confidentiality of materials by adhering to disclosure policies and directives related to release of information.
- Aided in tracking down delinquent accounts receivable records from varied sources such as banks, credit card companies, brokers etc.
- Amicably resolved escalated issues for customers with difficult billing problems through effective interactivity with customers and vendors to arrive at a mutually agreeable conclusion.
- Qualified as a Supervisory Assistant; mentored new employees on procedures for releasing medical records while maintaining security.
Skills to succeed include excellent oral communication skills, excellent written communication skills, strong organization skills, the ability to work in a high-pressure environment, effective telephone etiquette, friendly customer service skills, competency with medical terminology, competency with basic computer software, and a firm understanding of ethics.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Release Of Information Specialist Resume Samples
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Release Of Information Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up