Casting directors choose the talent that will perform character roles in a script. As directors, they meet with production team members to understand the project, liaise with talent managers to look for potential actors/actresses, organize for auditions, assess whether the talent meets the criteria, budget on the cost of hiring the talent, negotiate with talent managers and maintain relationships for future purposes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Casting Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Casting Director resumes for your reference.
Casting Director Resume Sample 1
- Completed casting of 20 characters for new children’s series.
- Developed, organized, and conducted auditions for hundreds of actors at three different locations within one week.
- Identified talent with best chance to succeed in the entertainment industry through communication with agents, managers, and clients.
- Successfully cast leads in an R-rated film; won awards for choosing most talented actor and actress after thorough investigation.
- Ranked among Top 12 Casting Directors on The Studio System Top 25 list by The Hollywood Reporter.
Casting Director Resume Sample 2
- Hired a cast of 32 actors, including Emmy Award-winning actor, for theatrical production.
- Signed up 20 models on the first day of casting for an agency’s new luxury brand advertisement.
- Selected best photo portfolio for use in promotional material to market an art exhibition worldwide.
- Engaged more than 100 performers within 48 hours after launching search campaign on social media site; received inquiries from ten countries around the world.
- Designed and printed movie posters after acquiring client’s approval on all design drafts.
Casting Director Resume Sample 3
- A new artist is discovered every week during my first year as a casting director – this goal was met eight months early.
- Fired from the same position after refusing to engage in political gamesmanship and backstabbing of coworkers.
- Recruited, trained, and created environment where dozens of actors had their first auditions for major feature films by teaching positive energy toward acting career.
- Decades-long reputation as a champion for actors proved successful at television audition – actor gained lead role on hit network series within 24 hours of working with me.
- Improved relations between actors and agents by coordinating philanthropic events with entertainment industry professionals who share a mutual respect for one another.
Casting Director Resume Sample 4
- Directed 26 actors in an interactive production of “The Tempest” at the Globe Playhouse.
- Managed staff of 6, overseeing daily activities for eleven events held over a six-month period that resulted in over 1,500 patrons attending.
- Hired full cast and crew for feature film shot on location utilizing unique ensemble acting skills to create humorous scene dialogue.
- Sourced out-of-state talent to perform major role in televised Easter Seals Telethon fundraiser which led to greater success raising money.
- Recruited local citizens to participate in short film project with professional actors; built bridges between citizens and entertainment industry professionals.
Casting Director Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw the auditions and callbacks for a major motion picture, securing two Academy Award nominees.
- Hired three production companies to work on a major studio summer release.
- Drafted a list of over 1,000 potential clients to approach for a client seeking new talent in banking industry.
- Secured an interview between casting director and client based on personal referral from another client within the company.
- Sourced forty-five actors from various specialties including theater, film, television , voice-over, music performance, aerial arts, etc.
Casting Director Resume Sample 6
- Used my communication and problem solving skills to take charge of a department in order to help manage and maintain it.
- Achieved record high for my team’s callbacks with our clients, which lead to increased income for the company.
- Solidified my knowledge about managing talent by completing coursework through SAG-AFTRA.
- Recruited new talent for various projects including network commercials, documentaries, music videos, short films, web series etc., which resulted in job growth opportunities within the industry.
- Identified appropriate casting choices for TV show that garnered ratings success during my time as a Casting Director.
Casting Director Resume Sample 7
- Evaluated talent and determined eligibility of all performers, including actors, models, child actors, stunts people, singers/musicians, announcers; casting assistant
- Created dynamic environment where artists could flourish by hiring the best staff. Implemented new systems to minimize errors in daily processes.
- Oversaw casting for 150+ national commercial spots for top brands during first year; reduced costs by $200k annually through work flow redesign; recognized as Employee of the Year.
- Negotiated over $300K worth of commercial contracts with clients (L’Oreal Paris, Ford Motor Company). Mentored intern to become lead caser within 5 months.
- Increased annual revenue by 35% within two years by implementing a talent management system.
Casting Director Resume Sample 8
- Locate talent for small independent films, commercials, and other productions; often work without pay or credit.
- Oversee auditioning process to provide insight on potential talent within artistic profession; consistently monitor quality of submissions.
- Developed professionally through regular workshops focusing on industry-related topics such as sexual harassment, proper business etiquette, and professional presence.
- Present new concepts to creative team involving original storylines; present viewpoints regarding final product that would appeal to diverse audience.
- Work with international clientele requiring mutual understanding of cultural differences in order to produce the best results possible.
Casting Director Resume Sample 9
- Casted over three hundred principal roles in film, television, and theater including Oscar-winning actors.
- Selected to oversee the casting process for the second largest motion picture ever filmed; completed within budget and one week ahead of schedule.
- Responsible for producing the most enduring films in Hollywood history by directing over eighty domestic and international award winning films or series with a total revenue exceeding two billion dollars worldwide.
- Contributed to thirty Academy Award winners for Best Picture with an additional twenty seven nominations during thirty years in the film industry.
- Key factor of creative talent development through eight different establishment of educational institutions that provided training to more than twelve thousand students who went on to work at all major studios and networks.
Casting Director Resume Sample 10
- Recognized within the entertainment industry for fifteen years of progressive casting experience in youth, teen, family, musical, and dramatic projects.
- Employed by leading producers to cast high-profile projects featuring well-known actors.
- Pioneered television series focused on empowering children through self defense training; affectionately known as The Fighting Kids’ Club .
- Scouted model talent at local events for inclusion in commercials, print advertisements, and runway shows.
- Chosen to represent several major clothing lines at annual fashion shows due to knack for discovering promising new talent.
Casting Director Resume Sample 11
- Worked on projects that included casting, scheduling and budgeting.
- Developed short resumes for performers that succinctly presented their abilities and qualifications for upcoming projects.
- Actively participated in meetings and conferences with producers and filmmakers to discuss the latest trends and updates within the industry.
- Collaborated closely with agents, managers, publicists, photographers, stylists and other professionals to find suitable actors for various roles.
- Maintained a large database of potential talent by contacting previous clients as well as current agencies to ensure an ample number of prospects were available at all times.
To work as a casting director, you will need a degree in cinematography, film or a related field, to be qualified. You’d also need to be a skilled communicator, negotiator, good at spotting talent, organizing events, coordinating a team, being a team player, and relating well with others.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.