Quantity Surveyors have the duty of making sure that building projects are respecting the allocated budget. Their duties include estimating the cost of materials, drawing up estimated budgets, liaising with contractors, preparing reports about the projects, updating budgets in respect of any updates related to the project, assessing the equipment for a project.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Quantity Surveyor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Quantity Surveyor resumes for your reference.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 1
- Accepted responsibility for ensuring that buildings are constructed according to the architect’s plans.
- Designed constructions to achieve specified program, materials, and workmanship requirements.
- Inspected construction of buildings and made recommendations on changes and cost reductions.
- Managed the process of providing quality review and advice on construction issues for customers and management of customers’ projects by coordinating meetings with contractors, obtaining owner and contractor information, and approving and instructing price changes and completion of construction documents.
- Earned award for being one of the top performers in respect to timely delivery of construction documents.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 2
- Established and implemented a training program in the areas of CMMS (Construction Management Materials Management System) and Project Layout, Blueprinting, and Planning.
- Managed one of the largest experiential CMMS projects; successfully completed the entire project on time and on budget.
- Received recognition for outstanding performance in completing projects within budget and on time.
- Implemented a state-of-the-art QC program to eliminate defects that otherwise would have been caught by inspections.
- Received excellent work results awards for specific projects such as concrete foundations, roofing, framing, sewer lines, wall finishing, drywalls, etc.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 3
- Worked with engineering department to ensure proper specifications were used during the design and construction of a $2 million warehouse.
- Worked as a team with the building’s owner and architect to understand the client’s objectives and ensure they were met.
- Prepared detailed audit reports for senior management; identified scope and quality control issues.
- Received Outstanding Performance Award; reduced construction costs by 20% by promoting understanding of ways to minimize quantities and enhance quality during the design phase.
- Monitored quantity and quality of materials used during the construction phase; prepared cost control reports for management review.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 4
- Managed the quality control department for a multi-million dollar development project.
- Trained and managed personnel in the use of several computer programs that support the company’s business system.
- Inspected homes while determining costs, quantities, and schedules.
- Diagnosed problems while designing construction documents; resolved problems while maintaining customer relationships.
- Redesigned construction drawings using AutoCAD software to create better layouts for providing “turn-key” homes.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 5
- Drafted plans and specs for various off-site and on-site projects; participated in surveys and inspections.
- Aided in the development of renovation plans to streamline the workflow process by targeting space requirements, layout, utilities, storage areas, etc.
- Maintained project deadlines within budget limits; effectively addressed concerns relating to change orders.
- Guided clients through the bid process by determining their needs and providing information concerning pricing details including itemized costs for services rendered.
- Reduced project costs by performing intensive research prior to placing bids, therefore, gaining an advantage over competitors based upon the target bid developed for each contract.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 6
- Designed and measured materials for bridges, dams, railroads, government buildings, and public utilities.
- Researched and interpreted engineering plans to determine quantities of material and equipment needed to complete the contract for a project.
- Developed construction methods; prepared construction schedules; closely monitored contractors’ progress on each phase of the project using stop watches and time sheets.
- Served as a liaison between contractors, engineers, and manufacturers of intricate electronic components used in the air control system of a high-speed train transportation system that traveled at speeds up to 220 mph.
- Completed projects on schedule with zero lost-time injuries.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 7
- Performed quantity surveying and management of projects for government contracts.
- Partnered with code inspectors to ensure that all project documents complied with the applicable codes and standards.
- Obtained cost savings through improvement projects by standardizing work procedures, minimizing delays, and conducting re-measurements.
- Reduced total downtime by identifying minor repairs needed to keep equipment running smoothly.
- Participated in presentations to homeowners’ associations on the advantages of roof restoration; earned customer satisfaction award.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 8
- Ensured proper quantity estimation of materials used during the implementation of a new property management system.
- Unilaterally conducted a property condition survey and created a comprehensive corrective action program, restoring the project to code requirements.
- Effectively determined salvageable costs from project construction overruns, adjusted for inflation, and presented recommendations to the senior management team for consideration.
- Recognized as an expert in estimating methodologies, historic costs along current conditions of building stock.
- Proactively identified deficiencies in capital projects long before implementation; enacted time-saving changes to improve overall project efficiency.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 9
- Skilled at gathering data that included zoning, environmental, and building/construction codes to prepare construction drawings for review by the owner’s representative.
- Issued certificates of occupancy for several structures.
- Refurbished existing equipment to provide service needed by business customers; successfully resolved technical issues within acceptable time frames.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 10
- Accurately identified projects and participated in reviews of all plans, drawings, specifications, and estimates.
- Accurately responded to client-established expectations regarding timeliness and timeliness for completion of plans.
- Shared designs with clients, communicating details to ensure their satisfaction before any work is done.
- Maintained detailed records and tracked the progress of the project which was completed on time, within budget, and met client expectations.
- Recognized with an outstanding quality rating; implicitly communicated with clients to ensure satisfaction.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 11
- Began position with a track record of straight-A’s in the major classes; completed all required entry-level exams.
- Gained knowledge of blueprints, specifications, legal issues associated with construction.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including Excel, Word, Access.
- Received award for exceptional effort in completion of fieldwork projects.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to construction bids.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 12
- Achieved loan approval for 4 properties in less than 6 months, enabling our company to obtain financing on properties worth almost $12 million.
- Achieved 98% of the workload in less than one year. Reduced time previously required to complete projects by more than two weeks.
- Initiated cost control methods enabling the company to save nearly $20,000 annually.
- Secured a $15 million financing package for over 50 condominium units; developed an effective marketing plan and compiled property condition reports.
- Completed and distributed property condition reports totaling more than fifty pages daily; recorded and analyzed data relating to property conditions and responded to customers’ concerns regarding those conditions.
Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 13
- Established worksite boundary lines according to utility company records for real estate development projects.
- Identified possible conflicts with other projects in the region, which would affect the work schedule.
- Prepared CAD drawings for each phase of projects.
- Coordinated project schedule with other phases to complete tasks within the specified time frame.
- Promoted to quality control position because of outstanding performance in all areas of project supervision; received positive customer service feedback because of completion of projects ahead of schedule.
To work as a Quantity Surveyor you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or related field. Quantity Surveyors must have great interpersonal skills, great negotiation skills, be good at mathematics, analytical thinking, great organisational skills, relevant networking abilities and knowledge of construction.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Quantity Surveyor Resume Samples
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 1
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 2
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 3
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 4
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 5
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 6
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 7
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 8
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 9
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 10
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 11
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 12
- Quantity Surveyor Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up