A Public Relations Consultant is responsible for handling the reputation of an organization or person. Their duties include developing campaigns, managing a public relations team, approving or disapproving promotional material, meet with clients to discuss their needs, come up with effective strategies to maintain the public appearance, and managing public image issues.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Public Relations Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Public Relations Consultant resumes for your reference.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Oversaw and managed three public relations teams. Proposed promotional strategies and methods to reinforce the message associated with key individuals in the organization.
- Assisted with the launch of a publication designed to help employees purchase more environmentally friendly products, generate company-wide awareness of this effort, and raise the level of appreciation for employee efforts on a personal level.
- Effectively represented organization by surveying internal customers regarding satisfaction, value increase, the employee confidence level in their peers, etc. according to published survey results; recommended changes to the senior management team as necessary.
- Proactively implemented a series of communication tools to maintain effective communication with senior leadership.
- Effectively presented a one-day training session on the development of the human resource communication plan during a three-day training conference.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Compiled data related to public relations effectiveness and customer awareness of a major corporation; recognized by the CEO.
- Conducted research related to the financial services industries, consumer demand, and customer trends that helped shape the future outlook of United States growth.
- Achieved award as an outstanding member of the team; provided insightful data that aided in account management strategies for a major organization.
- Incorporated marketing campaigns for a consumer electronics manufacturing company based on projected growth and profitability; recognized for high-quality work by VPs of management.
- Earned appreciation award for presenting “best idea” at the firm-wide meeting about increasing market share through innovative financial plans for affluent individuals.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Achieved award for excellent work performance; effectively developed and executed social media strategies; established relationships with diverse market segments.
- Coordinated and organized event planning to include product development, vendor selection, and budget.
- Designed a campaign for a national consumer product company; successfully planned, implemented, and monitored events for the new product launch.
- Organized location of wedding banquet function; coordinated rehearsal dinner, logistics, entertainment, etc., to ensure success for the event.
- Managed wedding functions by coordinating vendors; ensured successful outcomes.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Maximized visibility of a global footwear company’s brand awareness by informing local media of the company’s charitable contributions.
- Established unique and creative strategies that increased product sales by 25%.
- Developed a comprehensive marketing plan that positively impacted executive leadership.
- Identified financial opportunities for an online retailer; generated $105K in revenue for an E-commerce site.
- Conceived a successful publicity campaign for a food manufacturer; featured in “Money” magazine.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Achieved award for assisting three new clients with the implementation of successful marketing campaigns.
- Generated recommendations for the implementation of a new software platform that resulted in increased efficiency, competition with competitor firms, and growth in sales by 20%.
- Resolved customer claim that was previously denied by another consultant; negotiated payment from client based on the successful arbitration agreement.
- Able to effectively analyze data and identify opportunities for improvement. Used key metrics to successfully enhance profitability via improved marketing. Improved margins by as much as 30%.
- Expanded PR firm’s ability to promote client events through listing, promotions, and rapid response to media inquiries.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Successfully handled crisis management resulting from negative publicity.
- Increased sales by more than 25% in a declining market; recognized as a top salesperson by the CEO.
- Gathered information to effectively address concerns of the public during a period of controversy.
- Handled objections in order to resolve a dispute regarding proposed zoning changes.
- Presented information regarding land use issues at City Council meeting and successfully answered questions about proposed zoning.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Added business to the firm by securing placement in a national magazine article discussing managing employees.
- Established an award-winning educational essay contest for students in North Carolina. Prize money was awarded to ten students who wrote the best essays on a topic related to social studies in N.C. public schools; personal appearances were arranged with judges whenever possible and additional prizes were added such as autographed basketballs, writing tablets, etc.
- Conducted classes for women in technology to assist them in using computers and the Internet.
- Developed an essay contest for Triangle Technology professionals. Prizes were awarded to individuals who submitted the best essays on workplace issues such as diversity, stress management, and success.
- Authored a bi-monthly column for a regional business newsletter on “netiquette,” or etiquette for communicating over the Internet.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Contributed to a 10 percent increase in sales; showed exceptional ability in marketing and advertising services from the beginning of the fiscal year to the end.
- Directed a successful citywide campaign; showed expertise in working with local businesses and arranging for advertisement space.
- Initiated and organized a benefit concert for charity; ability to problem solve and generate innovative ideas led to an increase in funding for charitable programs.
- Recognized for excellent customer service by processing concerns, complaints, and suggestions received directly from the public.
- Participated as a member of a marketing subcommittee; facilitated the company’s goal of doubling profits within five years.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Developed and consulted on marketing campaigns for clients.
- Successfully and efficiently created and implemented new customer acquisition methods.
- Successfully developed web-based content; developed and implemented effective web-based marketing programs.
- Grew a client base by successfully meeting his goals.
- Received outstanding quality award as well as recognition in Marketing Excellence Week/Month.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Provided technical assistance to a local television station by understanding the station’s needs and providing solutions.
- Expedited the launching of a new magazine by providing information that producers needed to complete the project on time.
- Worked with members of the community regarding their concerns about new city ordinances.
- Obtained approval for funding a project; researched and analyzed information requested by the Corporate Office in order to develop action plans that met the corporation’s approval.
- Promoted company services through local newspapers and community events; presented information on services provided by other companies to assist customers in improving their financial management skills.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Demonstrated exceptional writing and communication skills; prepared a speech for presentation to a conference that was taken and widely distributed.
- Developed and implemented an effective media plan by coordinating the budget, scheduling, and campaign with a comprehensive report on the Green Energy Summit, which earned praise from the CEO.
- Project manager for public relations account; recognized by VP of public relations as a results-oriented individual with remarkable analytical skills and broad expertise.
- Initiated plan to redesign proprietary web site resulting in increased web traffic tenfold that year; led team to implement new social media platforms resulting in tripled fan base within one year.
- Developed top-rated blog on green industry news reports; recognized by company president for exceptional writing skills and industry expertise leading to an upswing in company’s online presence.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Achieved excellent rating on customer satisfaction survey with clients who had appointed me as their public relations consultant.
- Identified and addressed negative public opinion of clients’ products which resulted in more favorable word-of-mouth publicity for clients.
- Recognized by the Director of Public Relations for receiving outstanding recognition for supporting the company’s goals through the performance and development of others.
Public Relations Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Identified client’s needs; presented data, statistics, facts in a clear and concise manner through media outlets including television, radio, and newspapers.
- Maintained contact with media outlets to provide information about clients’ needs.
- Developed editorial content for publications based on marketing trends and current market conditions.
- Compiled data from local and national sources to determine attitudes of the public towards particular issues or problems.
- Created resources for clients to educate the public about the organization’s mission, vision, values, and products/services.
To become a public relations consultant, you will need a bachelor’s degree in public relations or communications. The skills needed for this position are strong communication skills, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, time management skills, organizational skills, strong computer skills, and analytical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.