Porters are responsible for providing excellent customer service, stocking shelves, and maintaining cleanliness in retail establishments. Duties include checking the storefront entrance for debris, helping customers find merchandise or locate sales associates, restocking merchandise displays, or cleaning up after-sales associates at the end of the day. To enter this career path, a high school diploma or equivalent is required. A customer service or retail background is beneficial for this position, but it is not necessary.
The Best Porter Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Porter resumes for your reference.
- Worked 10-hour night shift to ensure that facilities were clean, safe, and secure for all employees.
- Order materials in advance of requests to avoid waiting time which allows the facility to remain fully operational at all times.
- Assisted with moving items during large events or projects including lifting, transporting, arranging, organizing shelf space, etc.
- Aided in creating a productive work environment by maintaining equipment in clean condition at all times; removed debris from walkways within the facility.
- Received superior assessment after leading efforts to organize a company-wide inventory of supplies/materials/products to expedite ordering procedures resulting in minimized expenditure of time and resources.
- The reliable source for day-to-day operations; keep the entire department running smoothly.
- Promote a positive work ethic through actions and words, always leads by example.
- Keep up morale during times of frustration or stress among peers with a well-placed sense of humor or quick wit.
- Simplified complicated procedures to make work easier on self, as well as other employees.
- Adhered to strict standards for an appearance at all times to project professionalism and maintain respect from guests and staff members.
- Understood the daily operations of an office building including various types of furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Provided exemplary customer service in a friendly, upbeat manner; respected by management, peers, and customers alike.
- Adept at resolving issues through product knowledge that resulted in positive feedback from tenants.
- Provided consistent quality service for two years of onsite management with an average of over 95% tenant satisfaction.
- Successfully maintained a standard of excellence in all duties, from building security to custodial tasks that surpassed expectations.
- Quickly and efficiently answered phones, distributed messages via intercom system, and faxed documents to customers.
- Safely transported samples from the factory to testing facilities as well as other critical materials within the facility.
- Trained new hires on die-cutting equipment; demonstrated ability to learn quickly and perform the tasks assigned by management.
- Communicated effectively with all departments including production, shipping & receiving, marketing & sales, accounting & finance to effect smooth operations at a time of crisis or change.
- Troubleshot difficult mathematical problems related to stamping embedded chipboard onto metal backing for credit card purposes.
- Mastered the tasks of sweeping, mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, and polishing according to specific guidelines.
- Handled customer complaints in a friendly manner while complying with company policy for guest services.
- Utilized company stockroom to ensure appropriate items remained on-site during daily operations; received recognition from the manager for task completion.
- Identified and resolved multiple operational problems with one team member; jointly identified areas where performance could be enhanced by another team member.
- Achieved excellent attendance record during continuous employment with the same employer from 2020 through 2201; recognized as Employee of the Month for October 2020.
- Utilize human relations skills by providing informal coaching to employees such as clarifying complicated working instructions and setting higher performance target and how to achieve it, which resulted in coworkers’ performance improvements.
- Perform informal counseling and other interventional strategies such as mediation, dialogue, open forums, and feedback sessions to address work-related problems with approximately 30 co-workers.
- Train 12 fellow porters on how to perform detailed cleaning in different building facilities to suffice supervisors’ keen eye for details and perfection.
- Bathrooms are stocked regularly with toilet tissues, hand wipes, and sanitizers.
- Maintain lounge area and remove garbage from all locations of the roof deck.
- Responsible for maintaining safety protocols and standards according to city and state regulations.
- Assisted in the daily operations of the building to ensure tenant satisfaction.
- Coordinated tenant’s work requests with the building staff to resolve issues promptly.
- Requisitioned supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Removed waste paper and other trash from the premises to their designated areas before exiting the facility.
- Ensure locker areas, maintain supplies, linen is stocked and maintained in locker rooms.
- Maintained one or more areas inside the casino, back of the house, or immediate area outside the casino.
- Maintained accurate inventory and par levels and notify management of items needing to be ordered.
- Tend the roof deck area including the tennis court, volleyball court, grill area, and grill station.
- Wipe down gym machines and equipment; keep gym area clean and germ-free.
- In charge of stripping, waxing, and buffing all floors in the building.
- Worked with other staff members in preparing dorm rooms for incoming students and faculty during transition periods.
- Responsible for moving furniture, repairs, and painting when needed.
- Cleaned building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming.
- Dusted and disinfected all furniture and fixtures thoroughly and carefully.
- Shuttle driver for customers needing a ride home or back to work.
- Move cars back to the back parking lot when they are ready.
- Empty oil buckets and make sure the technicians have everything they need for the day and throughout the day.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Whilst working at Mercedes-Benz, I routinely greeted, serviced, and aided customers entering the facility exemplifying the utmost in customer service.
- Throughout the day I assisted automobile connoisseurs ensuring customer satisfaction.
- My duties mainly consisted of, greeting, driving, and transporting the information of vehicles, etc. to various departments.
- Assist guests with general questions about topics such as the location of bathrooms, restaurants, hotels, and public transportation.
- Guide patrons to exits at the end of performances or provide other instructions or assistance if needed.
- Upon the exit of all guests, empty trash and collaborated with other Porters in the closing of the theatre.
- Performed all aspects of janitorial services to ensure the overall cleanliness of commercial, residential, and clinical facilities.
- Completed all disinfecting and sanitizing of facility restrooms, kitchen areas, and dining areas.
- Utilized commercial and industrial-grade chemicals and equipment to perform advanced floor and carpet.
- Perform outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. To make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.