Sterile Processing Technicians handle the cleaning and the sterilization of equipment in healthcare facilities. Their duties include document and maintain accurate sterilization records, perform simple maintenance on equipment, operation of sterile processing, decontaminate instrument, controlling the inventory, reordering supplies.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Sterile Processing Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Sterile Processing Technician resumes for your reference.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in the training and supervising of new staff; supplied replacement workers when needed.
- Identified and reported errors in the handling of sterile products to the proper authorities.
- Provided solutions to problems that negatively affected departmental operations; received recognition for outstanding performance by peers.
- Created a checklist for staff to ensure that all persons entered into inventory records were accounted for; identified shortage of supplies and preserved assets by identifying missing supplies and initiating recovery efforts.
- Provided information and assistance during courtroom trials; participated in courtroom trials by providing testimony regarding patient care and sterilization procedures within the pharmacy department.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 2
- Analyzed and implemented technical improvements to the pharmacy preparation area.
- Established sterile processing standards and improved department efficiency.
- Coordinated receiving and storing of materials to ensure that inventory was maximized and damaged or expired merchandise was discarded.
- Increased operating income by coordinating the use of backup sterile drives.
- Received acknowledgment for outstanding performance; recognized as the top Sterile Processing Technician in District based on customer satisfaction survey ratings.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 3
- Critical to the day-to-day operations of the facility; established order for sterile items.
- Responded positively to requests for assistance with sterile processes; effectively organized and circulated paperwork.
- Initiated performance improvement plan (PIP) for improving quality assurance (QA) procedures; obtained approval from management.
- Maintained an active proficiency program; participated in training seminars, team meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; demonstrated proficiency of QA/QC tasks on a daily basis.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 4
- Acted as a liaison between front office staff and laboratory.
- Recognized as a helpful resource for documentation issues, e.g., scanning documents, formatting pages, filing documents in the right place.
- Managed day-to-day operations for the department; ensured that the department met its daily and monthly production goals.
- Awarded “Best Transporter” recognition; received points on behalf of the department for outstanding performance and awesome attitude.
- Received Employee of the Month recognition for exceeding productivity standards outlined by supervisors; recognized as an awesome role model.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 5
- Established and maintained strict sterile procedure guidelines; updated procedure manual according to department procedures.
- Achieved award for achieving an 85% infection rate.
- Achieved award for achieving an 80% accuracy rate, and a 95% completion rate on completed patient evaluations.
- Achieved award for completing the most patient evaluations of the year; updated and updated data collection forms according to guidelines.
- Received outstanding performance award from supervisors for excellent analyzing of data in accordance with guidelines.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 6
- Authored and participated in a surgical/characterization study on a new medical device; established first-year record for device utilization and patient satisfaction.
- Directed sterilization of operating room equipment for hospitals, clinics, and surgical centers; played an instrumental role in eliminating an increase in postoperative infection rates.
- Selected as a departmental employee of the quarter for meeting customer care objectives by resolving customer healthcare needs over the phone.
- Achieved award as the “Most Valuable Player” for implementing a medical protocol that improved patient care and satisfaction.
- Recognized with outstanding quality award; efficiently organized and maintained sterilization logs for product traceability requirements.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 7
- Met the standards of the department by following protocols for an expedited clean room environment.
- Met company standards of cleanliness while ensuring sterility of mission-critical equipment.
- Washed biotechnology products in accordance with established techniques and guidelines.
- Sanitized all reusable instruments to maintain the highest degree of overall cleanliness.
- Worked under intense pressure in a time-sensitive environment to ensure timely delivery of pharmaceutical products to hospitals nationwide.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 8
- Cleaned and sterilized equipment, areas, and rooms.
- Researched new equipment from several company websites.
- Replaced old machines with new machines.
- Conducted research on current market conditions for new equipment.
- Performed proper sterilization procedures according to procedures and safety guidelines; responded to questions on the proper cleaning and sterilization of products.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 9
- Awarded best three-year performance rating by management for exceeding productivity guidelines.
- Successfully rectified deficiencies in the sterile processing process according to procedures set forth by the Regional Manager.
- Achieved the “national best techniques” award for Sterile Processing Technician, which is an award based on proficiency.
- Received Outstanding Job Performance Award during region meeting.
- Recognized as a super star for excellent service by the Regional Manager. Received 5 out of 5 stars for customer service evaluations with customers who applied for services.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 10
- Implemented statistical methods including calculating control charts, using Pareto charts, and using fishbone diagrams to optimize processes.
- Participated in the creation of a Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the sterile processing department.
- Assessed a departmental workflow process to determine areas for improvement that could be implemented within the next year.
- Recognized as a “top performer” by achieving department goals for sterilization percentages.
- Used my experiential knowledge to resolve customer concerns by actively engaging customers in discussions regarding sterilization procedures and product handling techniques.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 11
- Implemented strict quality control guidelines for the equipment, supplies, and material inventory.
- Assessed accuracy of the controls necessary to ensure the proper functioning of testing devices.
- Performed controls tests on sampling devices to ensure accuracy.
- Maintained a spotless work environment by ensuring organization.
- Collaborated with peers to help develop procedures for handling equipment and supplies to maintain a high level of efficiency.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 12
- Contributing team member to ER board; managed patient medications and communicated orders to other departments.
- Accurately prepared sterile orders; established inventory control, worked with other departments to expedite deliveries, and maintained strict adherence to infection control policies.
- Planned and implemented an inventory system; tracked and replenished necessary medications to mitigate the risk of running out of stock.
- Ensured the department met productivity goals by scheduling staff for optimum coverage during peak hours while maintaining quality.
- Met customer demand for sterile supplies while simultaneously reducing the chance of errors by creating an automated work order system that cleared through pharmacists prior to release for pick-up by surgeons, physicians, and other departments.
Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 13
- Prepared medical supplies and equipment for sterilization; effectively communicated with hospital physicians and staff regarding medical needs, patient communication, and support of Environmental Services Department.
- Promoted to Supervise the Sterile Processing Technician; effectively managed the functions of the Sterile Processing Department based on industry standards concerning sterility, communication, medical knowledge, and infection control.
- Demonstrated strong leadership attributes during Infection Control Investigation; effectively directed Environmental Services employee fieldwork relating to non-sterile processing investigation.
- Received award for outstanding performance as a Pharmacy Technician; recognized by pharmacy Chief Pharmacist for maintaining accurate records relating to pharmacy medication logs.
- Acknowledged for outstanding performance; consistently maintained accurate stock levels of sterile supplies to support an average of 20 operating rooms per day.
To work as a Sterile Processing Technician you must complete a High-School Diploma and the National Certification as a Central Sterile Processing Technician program. Sterile Processing Technicians must demonstrate physical fitness, critical thinking, sanitization expertise, motor skills, troubleshooting skills, communication skills, and knowledge of sterilization techniques.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Sterile Processing Technician Resume Samples
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 1
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 2
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 3
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 4
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 5
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 6
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 7
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 8
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 9
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 10
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 11
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 12
- Sterile Processing Technician Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up