Physical Therapy Technicians support Physical Therapists with non-clinical tasks such as the planning and implementation of patient care. Their duties include preparing treatment rooms and patients for sessions, conducting routine exams and procedures, assisting the assessment of patients and establishing treatment plans, maintaining physical therapy equipment and managing inventory, and scheduling appointments.
To work as a Physical Therapy Technician, you need an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy, Kinesiology, or a related field, CPR and BLS certifications, as well as experience in a physical therapy clinic. Physical Therapy Technicians should demonstrate strong organization and multi-tasking skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge of standard policies and OSHA regulations, ability to operate physical therapy equipment, and experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Physical Therapy Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Physical Therapy Technician resumes for your reference.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 1
- Completed a rigorous course of study and internship to become a Physical Therapy Tech.
- Effectively applied principles of anatomy and physiology along with basic therapeutic interventions to treat patients of all ages.
- Assisted therapists in developing individualized treatment plans that address physical limitations, improve daily function, and alleviate pain.
- Promoted patient independence by teaching self-management skills such as safe transfer techniques, relaxation exercises, postural awareness, and body mechanics.
- Educated patients about the human body’s muscular skeletal system during rehabilitative care sessions in order to better understand their conditions.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 2
- Conducted and recorded all therapy treatments for each patient under the direction of a Physical Therapist.
- Trained students in various aspects of physical therapy and safety practice as part of their internship.
- Collaborated with other therapists to implement new techniques, such as those based on exercise therapy, hydrotherapy, and ultrasound.
- Received certification as an Electrocardiograph (EKG) Technician after successful completion of both written and skill exams; can now administer EKGs (heart tracings).
- Presented innovative program at annual convention that was awarded second place overall; created plan for revising current job descriptions to better meet the needs of the department and patients.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 3
- Effectively used modalities to provide relief for patients experiencing acute or chronic pain, including heat, light massage, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and whirlpool baths.
- Ably instructed patients in the use of therapeutic exercise programs to enhance their musculoskeletal function.
- Grasped the concepts of biomechanics and psychology to analyze functional movement patterns; devised individualized home exercises that addressed patient deficits.
- Trained new employees on how to conduct joint mobilizations/manipulations (stretching), muscle energy techniques (contract-relax), trigger point release (deep tissue work) to relieve pains associated with muscles and joints.
- Recognized by patients and coworkers for excellence in patient care, including listening to concerns of patients/families, organizing plan of care to address needs, meeting with insurance companies, and explaining treatment plan.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 4
- Migrated from a patient to an intern, then to a Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant in less than one year.
- Increased number of referrals by marketing directly to physicians’ offices and orthopedic clinics within the community.
- Collaborated with patients and families via telephone, face-to-face meetings, and self-help classes; contributed to rehabilitation success through improved morale.
- Presented an Educational Program on Healthy Living at local elementary schools; volunteered time and effort for fund raising efforts benefiting leukemia research.
- Moved up the career ladder; drafted official policy for Physical Therapy Clinic.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 5
- Conducted patient intake, performed physical examinations.
- Prepared patients for therapy, including transferring them to/from therapy equipment; demonstrating techniques; and assisting therapists during treatments.
- Monitored patient progress with respect to therapeutic interventions by measuring range of motion, muscle strength, etc.; consulting with physicians as necessary.
- Trained new employees on procedures relating to insurance verification, taking patient histories, handling complaints.
- Reduced the number of injuries among members of a handball team by 60% through pre-season conditioning program involving warm-up exercises and stretching routines. Received recognition letter from President & CEO for contributions in reducing injuries by 36%.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 6
- Provided effective therapeutic care utilizing agency software to maintain, evaluate, and report client status; performed vital signs.
- Assisted with dressing changes, wound packing, positioning of patients/residents on beds/stretchers for transport, and bathing of clients.
- Performed duties related to patient transportation using company vehicle; transported clients to various healthcare facilities.
- Evaluated temperature of infants/children (axillary) utilizing electronic thermometer; documented temperature readings according to prescribed guidelines.
- Disposed of medical waste materials in accordance with federal regulations; prepared hazardous pharmaceutical wastes for shipment.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 7
- Assisted patients with preparation for therapy, including gait training, transfers, positioning and exercise.
- Administer treatments designed to improve range of motion and reduce pain in people suffering from orthopedic problems.
- Provided quality care by assessing patient needs, implementing treatment plans, using data to monitor effectiveness of treatment, and instructing patients on exercises.
- Gave professional presentations at conferences demonstrating acquired best practices that led to improved access to services for rural communities.
- Created a positive work environment that attracted new employees who would benefit the company through knowledge sharing and collaborative problem-solving teamwork.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 8
- Provided professional care for clients with disabilities through a variety of physical therapy techniques.
- Effectively motivated patients to incorporate their physical therapy exercises into daily lifestyle routines, achieving best results possible.
- Exhibited a passion for delivering quality care and services toward improving patient independence, health, and overall wellness.
- Met correct identification procedures as required by facility installation; Maintained confidentiality of customer information per HIPAA laws; Acted maintain composure during emotionally trying times.
- Assured safe working environment after reviewing company policies and resolving issues that had the potential to place co-workers or customers in harm’s way.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 9
- Provided physical therapy to patients by administering massages, water exercises, bandaging, muscle stimulation, and electrical therapies.
- Introduced the use of heat lamps for pain therapy which led to decreased patient treatments by 25%.
- Successfully taught two patients how to perform upper-body resistance band exercise which enabled them to combat postoperative complications.
- Promoted an entire department’s Efficiency Excellence Award after decreasing patient treatment time from one-and-a-half hours to thirty minutes.
- Elevated an entire facility’s patient satisfaction scores by 20% after implementing a new methodology that allowed patients’ family members to attend their treatments.
Physical Therapy Technician Resume Sample 10
- Provided physical therapy for patients who had been discontinued from care by a physician due to mild or temporary conditions.
- Decreased pain and swelling of the knee through proper patient exercise, bracing, and medication administration.
- Evaluated patient’s range of motion, muscle strength, endurance, and regain appropriate function with age related capabilities.
- Instructed three new technicians on proper documentation procedures after being hired as a lead technician in a busy clinic.
- Introduced an approach to increase morale based on appreciation for staff members’ work toward furthering patient progress at monthly meetings with clinic staff members.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.