Pet Groomers provide maintenance services for pet owners. Their duties include bathing pets, providing nail trimmings, styling as instructed by client, maintaining grooming tools, providing a sanitized work station for each pet, maintaining client appointments and upholding excellent customer service.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pet Groomer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pet Groomer resumes for your reference.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 1
- Groomed over one thousand pets per month in a high volume, full-service pet grooming establishment; developed a client base of loyal customers.
- Wrote and published four manuals on handling the care of various breeds of cats and dogs; promoted by local, national, and international distributors.
- Received the 1990 “Spirit of the Business Award.”
- Established four charitable organizations during the last seven years.
- Brought a cat back from death’s door for the first time ever. In 1987 rescued an abandoned 6 year old cat – both from “Animal shelters.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 2
- Trained and handled pets in a calming manner while assuring their owners that the pets were in competent hands.
- Produced high-quality work, both manually and electronically; produced financial reports using spreadsheets.
- Provided mobile grooming services at numerous locations; educated pet owners on the importance of proper grooming while offering affordable prices.
- Helped to form an owner-run dog-walking/pet care business initiative; developed marketing plans to promote the initiative.
- Created a new pet grooming business after finding out about the existence of a market for mobile pet grooming in Bossier City and Shreveport, Louisiana.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 3
- Trained and groomed pets for a professional groomer.
- Bathed and brushed over 50 animals, using many different care techniques.
- Created a product line to help people keep their pets clean and healthy while achieving sales goals within the grooming industry.
- Served as an administrator on the board of directors for the Humane Society of the Indiana Region, where they met fundraising expectations while improving the organization’s efficiency.
- Came up with innovative ways to ensure customers’ cats would be kept safe during their first week of ownership after moving in.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 4
- Groomed pets to provide them with a healthy, clean appearance; educated owners on grooming techniques and equipment usage.
- Trained employees to groom pets efficiently, handling pets of all sizes and breeds.
- Created a grooming and kennel-cleaning room layout that was aesthetically appealing as well as easy to maintain; recognized by the Manager for exceeding expectations.
- Understood and gained respect from customers during time spent assisting customers and cuddling pet therapy dogs at nursing homes.
- Communicated with clients, provided information about bathing procedures; handled bathing equipment.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 5
- Provided pet care services for 50 dogs of 20 different breeds; groomed, bathed, and trimmed nails and ears.
- Gave professional training to the owner on pet first aid and animal CPR after an animal bite. Prepared product inventory including shampoos, conditioners, brushes, and other grooming materials.
- Taught program participants regarding dog grooming during community education classes.
- Worked as an adoption counselor; educated public on proper sterilization and care of companion pets to avoid overpopulation of animals in shelters.
- Attended weekly classes for three years to upgrade my ability to schedule appointments with clients; earned certification as dog groomer after passing state board examination.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 6
- Provided quality pet care for customers by delivering regular, routine grooming services.
- Trained in animal first-aid and CPR.
- Medalist in Advanced Grooming and Pet Care; instructed attendees using an outline of the American Kennel Society’s Dog Show Standards of Points.
- Achieved a 5 Star Rating after customer surveys; consistently recognized by the company for providing excellent service with high client satisfaction ratings from client surveys.
- Recognized for meeting grooming requirements; groomed animals in a safe, friendly, comfortable environment.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 7
- Provided progressive creative grooming services for dogs, cats, gerbils, and rabbits. An average of 30 animals were groomed per day. Groomed German Shepherds and Yorkie poodles that were “Best in Show” at the dog show on two occasions.
- Educated pet owners on the importance of proper grooming; routinely held educational seminars on grooming.
- Promoted a positive work environment by encouraging employees to work as a team to attain mutual goals; recognized outstanding performance by writing letters of appreciation about exemplary employee achievements.
- Achieved excellence by setting high standards for work performance; emphasized the importance of grooming each pet to maintain friendly customer relations by grooming pets after a family tragedy.
- Expanded business by initiating new relationships with pet owners; built a positive rapport with referrals from customers who returned for repeat visits.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 8
- Legally, humanely, and gently groomed multiple dogs and cats daily, while only losing one animal in a year.
- Corrected pet behavior by talking with owners and pets to understand their needs.
- Helped animals regain health through identifying medical problems, eliminating fleas/ticks/parasites, and treating illnesses.
- Trained new employees by providing direction and orientation programs for success in the workplace.
- Maintained cleanliness by sanitizing tools for safety purposes after each use on an animal.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 9
- Trained and groomed over twenty-five dogs and cats.
- Reviewed hundreds of photographs of animals to determine the proper grooming technique for each breed.
- Created a training school for responsible pet ownership for students with pets, both locally and internationally.
- Developed a special interest in pets after taking a class on animal nutrition from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Assisted in the rehabilitation of injured animals after they sustained concussions as a result of automobile accidents.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 10
- Provided excellent customer service by grooming dogs, cats, rabbits, and even a bird.
- Developed positive relationships with clients by providing positive comments on their pets’ appearance.
- Performed a full range of services including dog clipping, cat clipping, shaving, nail care, and trimming, bathing, ear cleaning, and plucking.
- Reduced stress for pets by keeping them comfortable during procedures; practiced cool-downs that included slow walking/jogging/playing to minimize stress from procedures.
- Aided in animal recovery from attacks; calmed dogs during temperament testing to prevent outbursts during trial periods.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 11
- Trained and reassured dogs, cats, rabbits, and elephants.
- Catwalked my grooming abilities and abilities with modern styling tools.
- I worked for 7 years as a veterinary assistant in a hospital setting.
- Attended two sections of Paul Mitchell College in both Groom / VSNP and Hair Stylist.
- Conveyed the importance of grooming to each client to ensure the cleanliness of the pet and owner’s home environment.
Pet Groomer Resume Sample 12
- Trained, educated, and groomed over 300 pets – dogs, cats, birds.
- Received outstanding performance award for grooming behavior; groomed both in style and comfort for client satisfaction.
- Identified and solved problems for clients such as pet grooming care needs.
- Developed a personal approach to pet grooming in order to adapt to the needs of each individual pet owner.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities of self-motivation through training techniques and personal insight into maintaining well-groomed pets that provided the most fun yet effective cleanings.
To work as a Pet Groomer, formal training in a grooming program is highly preferred. Many employers prefer 1-2 years of experience in the field. A Pet Groomer must demonstrate knowledge of grooming/bathing practices, compassion towards animals, patience, organization, excellent time management, sanitation practices and strong communication to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.