Pediatric Dental Assistants provide support to dentists working with children. Their duties include welcoming children and families, scheduling appointments for dental team, maintaining patient records and billing, filing and retrieving patient records, providing comfort to patients and supporting dentists and hygienists.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pediatric Dental Assistant resumes for your reference.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Collected cervical X-rays, polished teeth, and cleaned teeth for approximately 400 patients in a timely manner.
- Developed strategies to educate patients about hygiene.
- Maintained positive relations with all patients.
- Efficiently scheduled appointments with patients.
- Minimized the risk of malpractice by using appropriate techniques when placing dental impressions.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Provided exemplary customer service while working with patients and their families.
- Aided in the diagnosis of various oral diseases; administered prescribed medications.
- Performed preventive care, including teeth, cleaning, scaling, and polishing.
- Communicated effectively with parents to discuss oral health issues.
- Developed a positive rapport with patients of all ages, including infants and adolescents.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Wrote daily, detailed reports for a dentist by transcribing information from x-rays.
- Met schedules in the lab by working independently in the middle of the night to process dental restorations.
- Collaborated with Dentists to develop treatment plans for pediatric patients.
- Consistently met scheduling demands to serve patients by managing patient flow for a dentist; volunteered at local charity events; organized Pediatric Dental Assistant club; volunteered at local high school, teaching students to read x-rays.
- Throughout the semester, had a high-grade point average, averaging 87% on a 4.0 scale; thoroughly typed and proofread five term papers.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Greeted patients, conducted procedures, and made oral exams to ensure patient comfort.
- Supervised the preparation of X-rays, root canals, crowns, and fillings.
- Asked questions about the patient’s insurance coverage to ensure the financial need.
- Conducted preventive dental care/cleanings on children with cavities or other oral health issues.
- Supervised staff members to implement systems to ensure patient safety.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Obtained internship with the practice on time after graduating from college.
- Received adult court transcript which greatly improved my offer from an employer.
- Received adult court document which improved my offer from an employer.
- More knowledge on being employed by a multi-specialty pediatric dental office.
- Disclosed necessary information to the interviewer about previous employment, stating that the information was not relevant, but it helped me get an appropriate starting salary while making my resume more appealing/stronger for future employment.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Maintained nursing documentation in patient files per laws and regulations.
- Completed administrative tasks including, but not limited to, checking patients in and out of the office, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, maintaining inventory of oral hygiene products.
- Met the deadline for reporting dental insurance reimbursements to the office manager.
- Understood confidentiality policy regarding client records; ensuring that information was not disclosed without prior consent.
- Recognized for outstanding work ethic; received an appreciation award for achieving 110% of set work goal toward quarterly production quota.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Obtained outstanding customer satisfaction award for being courteous to patients while being knowledgeable of appointment times, fees, and patient histories.
- Recognized for maintaining excellent communication with patients by informing them of dentist visit procedures in a respectful manner.
- Awarded overall performance excellence in all phases of job duties.
- Gained appreciation for being courteous to patients while maintaining cleanliness in the treatment areas.
- Recognized for developing positive relationships with co-workers by being reliable and having a good attitude.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Worked effectively in a fast-paced dental office, anticipating the needs of patients and staff.
- Provided exceptional customer service, recommending an in-house insurance plan by identifying the benefits it offered.
- Developed strong relationships with patients, assisting with filling out forms to help reduce customer anxiety when coming into the office.
- Played a part in helping to rebuild the pediatric dental practice after an unexpected death in the family.
- Acknowledged as a valuable asset to the dental practice by being named “Employee of the Month” two months in a row for exceeding expectations.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Developed a dental office “care” package for patients who were referred for specialty care.
- Assisted dentist in both private and professional capacities, including but not limited to taking X-rays, making impressions, mixing fillings, and conducting oral hygiene procedures.
- Identified potential areas of concern to the dentist by completing daily patient charts; helped patients feel relaxed during exams with accommodating personal demeanor.
- Provided exceptional care for children; demonstrated professional demeanor when interacting with outside agencies; ensured that appointments ran smoothly by contacting patients and answering their questions.
- Recognized among top 10% of employees for job performance; received company-wide newsletter on the occasion of the company’s first anniversary.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Developed a patients profile to aid the dentist in diagnosing and planning treatment.
- Performed preventative care by providing prophylaxis treatment.
- Assisted with the restoration of teeth by applying sealants and fluoride varnish for preventative care.
- Achieved award for outstanding promptness in handling emergency situations; maintained a calm demeanor when a child showed up without an appointment.
- Received excellent service award; handled rude customers in a professional manner while remaining customer-focused.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 11
- the sterile field throughout the duration of all procedures to ensure patient safety.
- in managing patients’ anxiety to ensure successful procedures.
- sedation services for patients who are fearful of dental treatment.
- with insurance companies to maximize reimbursement for services rendered.
- Coordinated patient appointments by phone, email, and through the scheduling software program.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Minimized patients’ anxiety by calming them during procedures.
- Created artwork for patients when they were unable to leave the dental office, including an elaborate wall mural that was covered by local media.
- Actively participated in the fair trade movement, personally handcrafting adornments from recycled materials in order to raise money for charity.
- Created a unique backlight display in order to advertise upcoming events in the pediatric dental office.
- Ordered supplies by placing telephone orders; assisted with inventory counts by auditing stock daily; processed incoming shipments; fetched necessary tools and equipment; sterilized instruments; maintained clean work area.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Adheres to strict infection control standards in the provision of care for children’s teeth, including thorough hand washing and sanitation. Monitors oral hygiene needs of 2 patients at a time.
- Relies on excellent time management skills to complete procedures in an efficient manner.
- Develops relationships with patients’ parents in order to help improve oral health habits in children.
- Maintains holiday schedule, taking weekends off only when doctors’ offices are closed for holidays.
- Takes pride in providing a positive patient experience, according to survey results.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Implemented sterilization procedures as required by the hospital administration.
- Assisted with patient charting and checking supplies.
- Attended a 40-hour course on pediatric dentistry and hygiene.
- Performed multiple dental procedures.
- Researched best practices in dentistry and how they affect dental health.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 15
- Provided preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dental care to children.
- Collated, organized, maintained, and filed dental records.
- Received very good quality award; effectively performed tasks for patients in an efficient manner.
- Followed all policies and procedures regarding confidentiality of information.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively performed job duties with an ability to meet or exceed goals set by the Dentist.
Pediatric Dental Assistant Resume Sample 16
- Trained new staff members on equipment use.
- Received recognition for positive contribution to office efficiency.
- Completed training in all skills related to dental assisting.
- Developed lifelong relationships with young patients by making their appointments fun and helping them feel at ease in the dentist’s chair.
- Managed office support staff; streamlined workflow in the office by delegating duties and managing time effectively.
To work as a Pediatric Dental Assistant, a high school diploma is often required with certification from a dental assisting program. Pediatric Dental Assistants must demonstrate a passion for working with children, empathy with patients, be a team player, demonstrate strong communication skills, prioritize tasks effectively, keep confidentiality of patients and be able to manage time effectively.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.