Outside Machinist repairs, installs and maintains production machinery. Their duties include reporting to supervisors, finding problems when a machine malfunctions, installing new machines, setting up equipment, doing preventative maintenance on machines, working closely with teammates, and keeping a clean and orderly working area.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Outside Machinist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Outside Machinist resumes for your reference.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 1
- Adhered to a schedule of weekly preventive maintenance.
- Trained thirteen apprentices in maintenance and repair skills.
- Displayed exceptional improvement in understanding of literature, computer operation, and mechanical skills.
- Achieved proficiency in performing repair work on machinery, such as diesel engines, generators, and air conditioning units.
- Developed abilities in assembly and disassembly of machinery, as well as welding, soldering, and pipefitting.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 2
- Served as an outside machinist for three local manufacturing companies.
- Trained and directed machine operators for the safe and efficient operation of precision machines.
- Supervised the breakdown and reassembly of used specialized equipment in a timely manner to meet production schedules.
- Recognized by site safety engineers as the best trained, certified, and well-respected person on-site in regard to safety policies and procedures because of close adherence to pre-established rules.
- Earned citywide recognition for expertise in six different fields of maintenance.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 3
- Developed skills in precision lathe machine and automatic center drill operation.
- Practiced effective safety measures during daily work to prevent damage or injury.
- Recognized by peers as a mentor on the use of various tools, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Received awards for highest production and quality control; level of commitment and individual performance were highly valued by the team leader.
- Gained respect as an instructor for students; students routinely sought out questions regarding technical skill development, job scope, and career recommendations.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 4
- Performed five-axis machining on products that were used to launch satellites into outer space, including specialized parts for the fuel system and satellite electronics.
- Repaired broken and worn out machinery; invented a new fastener for use in other industrial applications.
- Adjusted carbide, carbide-tipped, and solid cutters to maximize the efficient grinding of fresh concrete; develop new methods to produce concrete flooring.
- Interpreted shop drawings to determine if parts listed were needed; developed procedures regarding the measurement of samples collected from a production line in an atomic absorption spectrometer after owning such equipment.
- Fully understood the basic principles of converting mechanical power into electrical power and vice versa; developed a monitoring system to monitor the output of electric motors.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 5
- Performed outside machinist tasks by operating machinery, including lathes, gear shapers, milling machines, and cutting tools.
- Set up equipment and adjusted operations according to blueprints or templates.
- Fabricated parts from engineering drawings by shearing sheet metal, drilling holes, bending metal bars, shaping material with hand tools, and grinding parts for precision fit.
- Provided information about maintenance of equipment to company personnel by instructing workers regarding the proper use of equipment; answering questions about maintenance operations; inspecting machinery for damage; performing routine inspections; and keeping work areas clean.
- Researched and developed troubleshooting methods to identify and resolve appliance problems.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 6
- Performed machine adjustments and standardized outside machining processes for optimized efficiency.
- Realigned assembly lines for time economy, quality production, and aesthetics.
- Streamlined operations of air compressor to reduce noise pollution by 25%.
- Replaced worn-out motors in the production line with high-quality parts from the surplus equipment center.
- Quieted down annoying chattering noise from conveyor chain by replacing rivets with bolts.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 7
- Resolved operational problems with hydraulic turbines by diagnosing and repairing hydraulic hoses, regulators, and blow lines.
- Serviced wire wound magnetic separators in order to improve flow and efficiency; provided documentation of component replacement and repair.
- Troubleshot gas turbine air compressor system malfunctions; replaced valves, seals, and gaskets.
- Perfected operations of assembly line sensors by adjusting mounting brackets to enable product transportation without delays or damage.
- Performed preventative maintenance on electrical burnout machines in order to improve component performance.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 8
- Trained to maintain, repair and modify multi-million dollar machinery used in the defense and aerospace industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, machine tools, and metalworking lathes.
- Maintained production rates while demonstrating knowledge of fractional horsepower motors and processes.
- Overhauled one of the three most critical depots during peak periods; skillfully maintained completion rates above 98% while handling in excess of 4500 work orders annually.
- Completed critical maintenance and troubleshooting on one of the 12 largest aerospace programs while leading a team to perfection.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 9
- Maintained the health and safety of all equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
- Named the Best Technician for 2005 for driving reliability, repair times, and repeat customer satisfaction ratings.
- Received The Associated Press Award of Merit for being named to the Mid-Atlantic Chapter APME Top 40 Maintenance Specialists.
- Received NAMM (National Association of Minority Machinist) Excellence in Education Award; established a new system for maintaining computerized machines in assisting our company with their daily production requirements while taking pride in providing high quality service to our customers.
- Designed new machine systems; performed maintenance on machinery used in the manufacturing process at several different companies.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 10
- Defined and met all the required heavy fabrication standards in building, and maintaining heavy machinery.
- Researched, gauged and measured each piece of equipment to ensure that it fit together properly.
- Inspected each machine which he was going to work on to correct any safety problems before beginning construction.
- Worked 50+ hours per week while attending school full-time to attain a 4-year degree in Computer Engineering Technology.
- Packed and shipped 50 tons of steel on a daily basis in three different machines.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 11
- Ordered and received all parts needed to rebuild a horizontal drill press.
- Made numerous adjustments to a metal lathe, based on written and verbal specifications, which were documented in our plant’s maintenance log.
- Resolved a production issue within 17 minutes by performing maintenance on a robotic welding device; enabled the line to continue operating for the remainder of the day.
- Organized and scheduled several meetings with business partners from other companies that resulted in both an increase in sales and a decrease in costs.
- Contributed to company profits through reliable, timely, and accurate documentation of tasks completed.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 12
- Oiled, cleaned, and tuned machine tools and machinery.
- Added new machines to tool inventory.
- Performed necessary repairs to machinery.
- Inspected machines with parts in place before performing repairs.
- Repaired machine tools with slight variations of existing machine parts.
Outside Machinist Resume Sample 13
- Troubleshoot, repair, and replace systems and components, including air conditioning/heating units and water heaters in buildings.
- Execute resolutions for technical assistance for mechanical issues to all Division Facilities.
- Develop repair procedures for all equipment.
- Develop customer service skills by assisting the maintenance staff with questions regarding repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Adhere to the safety standards established within the company and investigate allegations of safety violations.
Educational requirements for an outside machinist are a minimum of a high school diploma, plus completion of a 4-year apprenticeship program. Skills needed to be an outside machinist are extreme accuracy, attention to detail, attention to safety procedures, ability to read blueprints, ability to work independently, spatial reasoning skills, and physical strength.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.