A Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides high-quality primary and acute care to patients. An NP monitors and operates medical equipment, administers and analyzes diagnostic tests, performs physical exams, records patient medical histories and symptoms, diagnoses and treats health issues, and works with other healthcare professionals to improve and manage a patient’s health.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best NP Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real NP resumes for your reference.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 1
- Prepared medications and provided medication management to residents in accordance with clinical practice guidelines.
- Assisted three physicians in the supervision of daily deliveries, pre-op testing, admissions, discharges, consultations, and coordination of care for hospitalized patients.
- Provided nursing care through use of health screenings; detected early signs of skin cancer through monthly patrols on the roofs and grounds of assisted living facilities (ALF).
- Promoted independence in self-care for residents by teaching community safety techniques based on prevention methods established by the World Health Organization (WHO) including hand hygiene practices; reduced infections at ALFs by 10% during six months after with WHO.
- Presented “Integrating Care for Chronic Conditions” education program; trained over 300 nurses on four separate occasions.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 2
- Coordinated the oncology program for a 350,000 square-feet multi-specialty medical center.
- Authored four book chapters and twenty articles that included peer reviews of clinical studies published by major medical journals.
- Collaborated with the patient’s primary physicians to oversee plan of treatments; developed goals based on patient histories and test results.
- Developed new care plans for complex cases involving high risk pregnancies, organ transplants, cancer patients, and immunosuppressed patients.
- Received awards for excellence in customer service including Patient Satisfaction Awards under three different names due to company re-organization.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 3
- Streamlined a staffing function by 50%.
- Provided over 90 patients with quality care and treatment.
- Oversaw more than $75,000 in capital equipment expenditures.
- Raised morale of the department by organizing the first staff appreciation day at this medical center.
- Improved patient satisfaction from two to five percent through high-quality service delivery.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 4
- Provide medical advice and treatment to patient with acute conditions, disease management, and chronic illness.
- Examine patients to establish a diagnosis, including tests and reports from other physicians, nurses, or technicians.
- Apply clinical experience and knowledge of various medication types to prescribe appropriate medications for patient care needs.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members; confer with physician regarding diagnosis and recommended course of action.
- Keep abreast of current developments in field through continuing education courses, seminars, workshops etc.; disseminate information as needed throughout organization.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 5
- Prescribed medications and managed patients with acute, chronic, or life-threatening conditions through physician collaboration.
- Successfully reduced staffing numbers from 12 to 8 RNs by increasing patient census 25% without compromising quality care.
- Provided a variety of healthcare services to a multi-ethnic population ranging from newborn babies to the elderly with expertise in geriatrics.
- Proficiently performed every duty assigned including intravenous morphine, EKG applications, and all adult CPR procedures.
- Planned for contingencies during emergencies such as vacations and leaves of absences by cross training fellow staff members; increased coverage while maintaining high patient satisfaction ratings.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 6
- Provided effective treatment for over 4,000 patients according to the Nurse Practitioner’s scope of practice.
- Diagnosed health issues with high degree of accuracy and prescribed appropriate medications.
- Dedicated to providing quality medical care by making complex diagnoses, prescribing therapeutic plans, evaluating patient progress, and adjusting course of action as needed.
- Collaborated with physicians and other healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive treatment plans for a diverse range of patients.
- Presented topic on natural remedies during monthly nurse practitioner meeting; inspired discussion about effectiveness of herbal remedies versus pharmaceuticals among peers.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 7
- Prescribed medications and treatment plans to patients in accordance with their diagnosis.
- Provided advice on preventive healthcare, including wellness promotion, risk management, and disease prevention strategies.
- Provided quality care to upward of 500 patients during 13-year tenure at medical center through excellence in clinical practice.
- Collaborated with physicians to treat various forms of cancer.
- Developed a successful health promotion program for the elderly; increased blood pressure screenings by 60%.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 8
- As a certified nurse practitioner, skilled in general medicine and pediatrics with an average of three new pediatric patients daily.
- Achieved 100% patient satisfaction during the final six months of employment; recognized by administrators for outstanding performance.
- Improved overall health care of 300+ patients by referring them to specialist physicians, arranging hospital check-ups, ordering lab work, administering vaccine injections.
- Successfully diagnosed 200+ cases of diabetes within 6 months while working in internal medicine, increasing early detection rate to 95%.
- Delivered two lectures on bioterrorism related healthcare issues at local universities; awarded certificate of appreciation from the state Governor’s Office for Public Health after emergency preparedness plan documentation and implementation.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 9
- Provided comprehensive primary care to patients in an outpatient setting.
- Trained new staff, reviewed medical records for completeness and accuracy, performed in-service education programs on various health issues.
- Prescribed medications therapeutically while maintaining the safety of the patient within legal guidelines.
- Prevented prospective patients from unnecessary procedures by communication with specialists in order to get second opinions.
- Efficiently managed time during patient examinations by prioritizing patients according to their needs – conducted quick triage assessments of waiting room population.
Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample 10
- Provided care and treatment to a diverse group of patients by administering medical services. Assisted in the diagnosis, prevention, and control of infectious diseases.
- Provided quality patient-care coordination including compiling data for future reference to improve service efficacy.
- Ensured the maintenance of therapeutic levels of medication through monitoring, documentation, education, and appropriate intervention.
- Collaborated with physicians during rounds in addition to being included in weekly departmental faculty meetings where nursing skills were discussed.
- Guided the development of new clinical guidelines within a designated specialty area which simplifies health care management to better serve a wide variety of community patients.
An NP holds a Master’s of Science Degree in nursing (and a Ph.D. for psychiatric nurse positions), a registered nurse (RN) license, is certified by the National Board, and holds a state NP license. NPs generally possess six or more years of academic and clinical preparation as well as important skills such as compassion, excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving skills, medical aptitude and technical knowledge, proficiency with medical instruments and equipment, and knowledge of medical records and computer-based data management programs.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.