Mobile DJ’s entertain guests with a variety of music. As a mobile DJ you are expected to travel to various event locations, set up the public address system, provide a variety of music, perform special requests by the event’s guests, entertain guests, and engage with people.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mobile Dj Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mobile Dj resumes for your reference.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 1
- Assembled, set up, and broke down sound equipment for three consecutive award-winning wedding receptions for three wealthy families.
- Motivated and catalyzed 80 people to form a dance marathon team where I was recognized for being the top fundraising participant.
- Assisted United Way with their annual dinner/auction by promoting attendance and contributing as a bidder on items.
- Promoted sportsmanship through DJing two professional baseball games while simultaneously operating a fundraiser booth that raised $7000 towards children’s charities.
- Trained, supervised, and motivated over 40 people for two thousand hours of physical exercise to be accomplished on the steps of a five-story building.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 2
- Projected, booked, and conducted services for over 600 consecutive wedding receptions.
- Presented over 50 artists on stage in Las Vegas to perform live music at a wedding reception.
- Created seasonal activities to entice guests, including bellydancing and dinner buffets for International themed events.
- Set up a night club for young adults 13 to 20 years old, who were dancers and singers in local schools.
- Organized wedding festivities for an international group of seven families in New York City with 350 attendees—including bands, flowershop decorations, entertainment, dinner buffets, food from an American-Mexican fusion restaurant, and American cake desserts.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 3
- Provided exceptional sound for thirteen public events, including dances, wedding receptions, and laser light shows.
- Accomplished twenty-two commercial sound installations for ten diverse clients in nine months.
- Assembled sixteen sound systems with budgets varying from $500 to $5,000 each within a 72-hour time span.
- Competed with three other DJ’s and won the Dance Contest sponsored by Party City; awarded trophy and cash prize of $250.
- Certified as a CDL holder after successfully completing 20 hours of training; was presented with license at age eighteen by local transportation district commission.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 4
- Played over 300 gigs for clients, with radio station rotation, online playlist and advertising.
- Designed and implemented a computerized lighting and sound system for nightly rock bands.
- Produced the “Death by Disco” dance at an event benefiting child cancer research at an annual gala.
- Turned a trip to Key West into a fundraising destination for the St. John’s Home Crisis Center with night-club theme parties, beach parties, and boat cruises.
- Was invited as DJ/MC to perform in a national concert series by one of the largest touring groups in America called “The Blue Man Group.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 5
- Attended local and regional music festivals, private concerts, weddings, and parties.
- Designed and produced custom rhinestone and rhinestoned bandanas that were distributed to clients.
- Played multiple instruments including guitar, drums, and harmonica.
- Wrote song lyrics for several published CDs.
- Performed on stage at the annual Austin Santa Parade in front of over 110,000 people.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 6
- Successfully organized, hosted, and conducted four charity events in one year; collected cash donations totaling $6500 for the American Cancer Society.
- Eliminated competition by providing a better product at no additional charge to established clients.
- Acted as liaison between clients and catering services to ensure smooth event operations.
- Built rapport with competitors to maximize client exposure and entertainment variety.
- Delivered quality music event services with minimal complaints for two years running.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 7
- Worked at six different venues in the Atlanta area.
- Performed for over 1,000 guests at a popular wedding venue/club.
- Played instruments and beat-boxed for a local church congregation during the Christmas season.
- Accomplished success as a traveling DJ by working with local bands and singers in two states.
- Gave a performance that exceeded the audience’s expectations on their dance floor when they were expecting your typical DJ.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 8
- Produced over 4,000 live performances at weddings, banquets, parties, and corporate events.
- Provided entertainment to over 2,000 guests of honor at special events.
- Recruited local radio personalities to contribute in-booth performances or guest MC appearances.
- Facilitated special wedding and corporate events by coordinating activities including room arrangements, entertainment, and emceeing duties.
- Created custom video production services for social media advertising which include videography and editing services.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 9
- Interacted with hundreds of customers and conducted professional meetings while establishing effective relationships.
- Successfully organized, optimized, and streamlined business processes.
- Completed all administrative tasks in a timely manner; established reputation for flawless accuracy and efficiency.
- Informed management of financial discrepancies and developed a comprehensive solution to the problem.
- Expressed concern for customers and made every effort to resolve their issues by working with management team members.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 10
- Provided entertainment for 200+ (including 60+ wedding receptions) by utilizing a variety of musical instruments during live performances, and in-house DJ/record/video production skills.
- Managed staff, vendors, and clients’ expectations at the highest level; maintained confidentiality by never revealing trade secrets to third parties.
- Incorporated advanced methods of promotion while working with a variety of artists that included 2 new songs each month; served as official emcee for various events throughout the year.
- Developed a reputation for excellence by catering to specific client needs; created relationships with other professionals by making referrals when appropriate.
- Achieved recognition as an outstanding employee and most reliable performer.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 11
- Played a variety of music for over 100 private parties and served as Master of Ceremonies for Hospitality students majoring in Hospitality Management.
- Served as master of ceremonies for a variety of college events, including two formal dances hosted by the Scholarship Committee.
- Provided music to fraternity and sorority meetings while serving as House Manager.
- Displayed skills of self-discipline, organizational ability, initiative, initiative, and planning by functioning in various areas simultaneously while remaining on top of all assignments.
- Wrote original songs which were featured on festival CDs presented at two different city festivals.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 12
- Led male-female evenings at the local country club; planned and coordinated event activities.
- Produced and coordinated weekly performance for over 100-people at three venues; oversaw event coordination.
- Managed over 40 hours’ work week being on call for events in 10 states; prepared nightly set-lists and coordinated band members.
- Executed 30% of manager’s duties as lead guitar player along with turning out 20% of nights.
- Best section leader in area; organized, managed, and supervised staffs to meet company standards while maintaining a 95% guest satisfaction rating.
Mobile DJ Resume Sample 13
- Positioned at the center of an evening’s entertainment with ability to improve mood and quality of the party.
- Provided background music while providing guidance to the client’s needs.
- Performed a variety of duties; organized audio visual equipment.
- Performed all job responsibilities as requested by supervisor, as well as soliciting suggestions for additional services.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and enjoy working in team environment.
To work as a mobile DJ, you should have completed high school, earned an undergraduate degree in broadcasting journalism, and possess a valid driver’s license. To be an effective mobile DJ you need to have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, be flexible, eager to serve entertainment needs, dependable, responsible, creative and have a good personality.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.