Management Analysts can work in a variety of different industries to provide analysis that leads to better decision-making. They may be involved in project management, but they are not always responsible for the actual implementation of those recommendations. The top skills needed for this position include customer service, computer software, problem-solving, planning and organizing tasks, attention to detail, and data analysis. A bachelor’s degree is required for the position, but relevant work experience can substitute for education.
The Best Management Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Management Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Develop data reports for grants as well as monthly actual spending reports and graphs.
- Monitor budget spending for all grants and report to Grant Coordinator to keep them up to date with spending trends and available budget.
- Frequently use SAP to retrieve and lookup all necessary data; Budget Setup and Modifications.
- Conducted assessment, developed recommendations, and executed a business process improvement plan for a branch of a banking institution with $400 million in assets.
- Assembled business unit for the purpose of reducing costs by streamlining processes and increasing revenue.
- Provided administrative and business support for Dallas Area Manager, Austin Senior Manager, and Austin Office Local Manager.
- Generated and analyzed reports pertaining to Quality Assurance, Outreach, Training, and Customer Service.
- Provided findings and gave recommendations for improvements to management.
- Formed management team to execute business expansion plan for an annual revenue increase of $7 million through customized marketing programs.
- Streamlined workflow process by shifting operational activities to the end stage of production; achieved a return on investment in excess of 200% within a 9-month period.
- Responsible for maintaining 37 Executive Orders, 16 Mayor’s Policies, 70 Policies, and Procedures.
- Worked with the city departments to make sure policies are compliant with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Researched other city and federal policies in an effort to improve existing city policies.
- Streamlined existing policies in an effort to reduce redundancy and increase efficiency.
- Redesigned direct marketing program resulting in an increase in net profit margin by 50%.
- Conducted management analysis studies in the civilian personnel area evaluating the effectiveness of command program operations in meeting established goals and objects.
- Conducted research and created reports to identify/evaluate trends and problematic areas recommending work processes or solutions to management.
- Worked with Human Resources Office to help ensure civilian personnel actions were processed in a timely manner.
- Created and managed the forecasting, budgeting, and financial reporting for a complex, multi-dimensional and multi-disciplined business.
- Determined optimal sourcing methods for critical manufacturing supplies.
- Conducted community outreach to identify potential partners for workshops targeting independent school districts and institutions of higher education.
- Assisted with the administration and logistics for the annual Houston/Galveston Hurricane workshop making it one of the largest of its kind with over 2,500 attendees learning about hurricane preparedness.
- Reviewed and revised Continuity of Operations lines of succession to ensure individual executive departments and agencies continue to perform during a wide range of disasters.
- Organized business portfolio analysis tools; assisted the company with financial results.
- Retained employee retention of 37%, by creating a comprehensive benefits package.
- Perform role of a single point of contact for coordination of email marketing product.
- Coordinate with customers and the internal sales team on scheduling and implementation of email campaigns.
- Proactively identify and assess project issues and develop a successful resolution.
- Assist team with certain assigned tasks associated with the website onboarding process.
- Implemented key initiatives that improved their gross profit by 20%; generated over $1M in annual revenue growth.
- Prepare documentation for various meetings, schedules, reports, contracts, correspondence, and procedures as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance of master files/schedules related to program history, execution, and status.
- Assist in the maintenance of general program reports, spreadsheets, and databases to support program objectives.
- Coordinate the preparation, scheduling, and execution of program meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Fostered team building, problem-solving, and cooperative attitudes. Proactively identified and reported operational issues to senior management.
- Responsible for financial oversight of department funds; including seven million dollars in grant funds.
- Conducted financial analysis, budget analysis, and Code of Federal Regulation compliance reviews of grant funding.
- Created advanced excel templates, including macros, to assist in the oversight of expenditures.
- Presented updated processes to improve operations.
- Established new business planning processes, cost projections, and revenue projections with direction from senior management.
- Reviews and prepares financial, accounting, and budgetary forms, reports, and records.
- Monitors prepare requests and provide analysis for specific budgets and funds.
- Perform technical activities, such as reviewing methods, activities, and procedures pertinent to budget and management investigations and studies.
- Increased sales in newly acquired territories by traveling, managing and motivating the team to proactively identify and bid on new opportunities.
- Reduced expenses of the call center by developing a decreased overhead number of business lines from an increase in sales.
- In charge of the company plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- In charge of gathering and organizing information problems or procedures including present operating procedures, analyzing data and developing information, and considering available solutions or alternate methods for procedures.
- Organizes and documents findings of studies prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organization changes, prepares operations and procedures manual.
- Increased efficiency throughout organizations by streamlining processes and increasing workflow to decrease cycle times.
- Achieved award for providing annual cost savings through improved systems and enhancements; recognized as a rising star in the company.
- Performs staffing analysis based upon workload, funding, and support requirements.
- Recommends policies, authors where required provides guidance for their implementation and conducts post audits to determine compliance.
- Participates in studies relative to organization structure or functional assignments which cover all organization positions.
- Streamlined the chain of command and internal structural roles, relationships, and responsibilities.
- Negotiated with three separate teams to complete a $10 million contract with budget restrictions; saved all parties 17% over original costs.
- Conducted marketing and competitor research to identify new market opportunities while maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Acted as a resource person, problem solver, and advisor to managers on a wide range of company and business issues.
- Implemented records management programs for filling, protection, and retrieval of records and assured compliance with the program.
- Reviewed export documents and reports and made sure they were in adherence with custom and company regulations.
- Used process improvement tools to deliver results by enhancing the efficiency of information sharing and document usage.
How to Become a Successful Management Analyst?
A high school diploma or GED. You need to get a bachelor’s degree in management consulting or something related to the field like accounting, marketing, finance, and or business. If you are looking to get hired at a specific kind of company some require you to also have a master’s degree (MBA) in a business-related field or business administration.
You can also become a (CMC) certified management consultant if you meet the minimum required levels of experience and education, pass an interview and exam about the USA and IMC’s code of ethics and provide reviews from some of your clients.
This certification is offered by The Institute of Management Consultants USA (IMC USA) and must be renewed every three years. Most management analysts start their career with some work experience in a related business field because it helps them be the most successful.
As a management analyst, the skills necessary for you to succeed are time management, the ability to work well under pressure, problem-solving skills, and analytical skills. You should also have good communication skills because you will work with other business professionals and communicate with many clients.
A management analyst or management consultant is someone who looks for ways to help a company or organization make more money, save money and gain more profit. They consult by giving companies and organizations ways to be more efficient and successful. A management analyst can either be a freelance consultant or they can work for specific organizations that hire them.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.