A management analyst or management consultant is someone who looks for ways to help a company or organization make more money, save money and gain more profit. They consult by giving companies and organizations ways to be more efficient and successful. A management analyst can either be a freelance consultant or they can work for specific organizations that hire them.
How to Become a Successful Management Analyst?
A high school diploma or GED. You need to get a bachelor’s degree in management consulting or something related to the field like accounting, marketing, finance and or business. If you are looking to get hired at a specific kind of company some require for you to also have a master’s degree (MBA) in a business related field or business administration.
You can also become a (CMC) certified management consultant if you meet the minimum requirement levels of experience and education, pass an interview and exam about the USA and IMC’s code of ethics and provide reviews from some of your clients.
This certification is offered by The Institute of Management Consultants USA (IMC USA) and must be renewed every three years. Most management analysts start their career with some work experience in a related business field because it helps them be the most successful.
As a management analyst the skills necessary for you to succeed are time management, the ability to work well under pressure, problem solving skills and analytical skills. You should also have good communication skills because you will work with other business professionals and communicate with many clients.
The Best Management Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Management Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Develop data reports for grants as well as monthly actual spending reports and graphs.
- Monitor budget spending for all grants and report to Grant Coordinator to keep them up to date with spending trends and available budget.
- Frequently use SAP to retrieve and look up all necessary data; Budget Setup and Modifications.
- Provided administrative and business support for Dallas Area Manager, Austin Senior Manager, and Austin Office Local Manager.
- Generated and analyzed reports pertaining to Quality Assurance, Outreach, Training and Customer Service.
- Provided findings and gave recommendations for improvements to management.
- Responsible for maintaining 37 Executive Orders, 16 Mayor’s Policies, 70 Policies and Procedures.
- Worked with the city departments to make sure policies are compliant with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Researched other city and federal policies in an effort to improve existing city policies.
- Streamlined existing policies in an effort to reduce redundancy and increase efficiency.
- Conducted management analysis studies in the civilian personnel area evaluating the effectiveness of command program operations in meeting established goals and objects.
- Conducted research and created reports to identify/evaluate trends and problematic areas recommending work process or solutions to management.
- Worked with Human Resources Office to help ensure civilian personnel actions were processed in a timely manner.
- Conducted community outreach to identify potential partners for workshop targeting independent school districts and institutions of higher education.
- Assisted with the administration and logistics for the annual Houston/Galveston Hurricane workshop making it one of the largest of its kind with over 2,500 attendees learning about hurricane preparedness.
- Reviewed and revised Continuity of Operations lines of succession to ensure individual executive departments and agencies continue to perform during wide range of disasters.
- Perform role of single point of contact for coordination of email marketing product.
- Coordinate with customers and internal sales team on scheduling and implementation of email campaigns.
- Proactively identify and assess project issues and develop successful resolution.
- Assist team with certain assigned tasks associated with the website on-boarding process.
- Prepare documentation for various meetings, schedules, reports, contracts, correspondence and procedures as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance of master files/schedules related to program history, execution, and status.
- Assist in the maintenance of general program reports, spreadsheets, and databases to support program objectives.
- Coordinate the preparation, scheduling, and execution of program meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Responsible for financial oversight of department funds; included seven million dollars in grant funds.
- Conducted financial analysis, budget analysis, and Code of Federal Regulation compliance reviews of grant funding.
- Created advanced excel templates, including macros, to assist in the oversight of expenditures.
- Reviews and prepares financial, accounting and budgetary forms, reports and records.
- Monitors, prepares requests, and provides analysis for specific budgets and funds.
- Perform technical activities, such as reviews methods, activities, and procedures pertinent to budget and management investigations and studies.
- In charge of the company plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control or cost analysis.
- In charge of gathering and organizing information problem or procedures including present operating procedures, analyzes data and develops information and considers available solutions or alternate methods for procedures.
- Organizes and documents findings of studies, prepares recommendation for implementation of new systems, procedures or organization changes, prepares operations and procedures manual.
- Performs staffing analysis based upon workload, funding, and support requirements.
- Recommends policies, authors where required, provides guidance for their implementation, and conducts post audits to determine compliance.
- Participates in studies relative to organization structure or functional assignments which cover all organization positions.
- Streamlined the chain of command and internal structural roles, relationships and responsibilities.
- Conducted marketing and competitor research to identify new market opportunities while maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Acted as a resource person, problem solver, and advisor to managers on a wide range of company and Business issues.
- Implemented records management programs for filling, protection and retrieval of records and assured compliance with the program.
- Reviewed export documents and reports and made sure they were in adherence with custom and company regulations.