A Data Clerk assists office administration with updating and maintaining customer and account information. Their duties include verifying customer and account data, eliminating duplicate data, data entry of customer and account information into a database, processing customer documents and reviewing data, resolving any deficiencies in account data, compiling and sorting through source data, as well as backing up databases and securing all account information.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Data Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Data Clerk resumes for your reference.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Performed detailed research on U.S. Trademark Registration, Patent and Copyright Services at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the United States Department of Commerce
- Reviewed fourteen stacks of patents and registrations each day in the Trademark Office; prepared copiers for daily use with minimal assistance from other staff members.
- Handled incoming mail, faxes, organizing meeting schedules, and other varied clerical duties in one assigned office with a key supervisor at a federal facility for four years.
- Corrected, but did not omit, typos in all staff memos, memos, and e-mails for one year.
- Completed time and attendance for one year without missing a single day.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Edited computer spreadsheets and databases to ensure accuracy.
- Maintained entry of account data into computers.
- Provided clerical support for government offices by answering phones, filing documents, and assisting with mailings.
- Assisted with transferring computer data to new servers.
- Collected signatures on mailed documents as part of a team effort to conduct interdepartmental correspondence.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Accurately entered detailed documents into the computer and ensured accuracy of documents before depositing to accounting department.
- Supervised and provided adequate training to a junior employee, increasing efficiency and accuracy of data entry.
- Successfully completed a one-month intensive training course on the newest software being used by the bank; earned appreciation as Computer Specialist.
- Developed a detailed report regarding the management of computer files, including recommendations for improvement; thanked by Senior Vice-President for helpful suggestions and thorough analysis.
- Recognized for outstanding performance during disaster recovery after Hurricane Flora; managed data recovery team to restore damaged files and minimize time lost due to storm.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Accurately entered and processed information for company’s marketing campaign in a timely manner.
- Maintained confidentiality of customer account information; rewarded for outstanding performance.
- Identified areas for improvement through audits and analysis of department processes; benefitted from improved performance from employees as a result.
- Utilized social media to successfully develop business relationships with customers, clients, and vendors; created new opportunities for the company.
- Conducted initial data audits of client records that saved a major financial institution $150,000 annually in manual corrections.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Proofed, formatted, and stored data for the banking system.
- Managed and processed daily mail for a bank without errors.
- Maintained accurate files on all employees; forwarded discrepancies to the appropriate person for correction.
- Briefed the legal department on issues within the handling of employee records.
- Learned new skills in solving problems by changing rules and reallocating resources to improve efficiency.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Admitted and took responsibility for preparing federally mandated reports to forecast program needs.
- Maintained the hospital’s personnel files in accordance with hospital policy.
- Secured confidential data pertaining to Human Resource operations; communicated effectively among co-workers, hospital administrators, and agency officials regarding specific employment regulations.
- Aided in establishing an on-site application development program by designing basic software structures.
- Developed a work environment that enhanced employee motivation through the use of newly designed software systems.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Maintained confidentiality of confidential records; verified and processed driver license issuance, suspensions, and revocations as directed by the State Licensing Bureau.
- Provided assistance to the general public in obtaining information regarding their driving privileges.
- Upheld professional demeanor while providing courteous service to clients who had reached the Department of Motor Vehicles to obtain records.
- Met specific benchmarks for processing applications; resolved problems arising from recurring errors.
- Prepared detailed reports concerning accident investigations involving minor damages; warned individuals of potential decrease in their insurance coverage due to not reporting accidents.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Ensured organization and accuracy of data in financial statements that contributed to a $500,000 annual budget surplus.
- Tracked inventory for over 200 items in the warehouse, accurately recording UPCs, codes, and descriptions.
- Processed requests for over $200,000 in scholarship funds; updated 5 year old files accurately and completely on computer database.
- Completed monthly reports detailing daily sales figures; compiled weekly sales figures for executive review.
- Edited articles for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and clarity; sent edited material to authors for approval before publication in quarterly newsletter.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Maintained adequate inventory for one department’s data processing needs and performed other clerical tasks.
- Reviewed and edited correspondence to maintain quality of written communication.
- Completed previous monthly, weekly, and daily task assignments as assigned by the coordinator and performed other administrative duties to support the department.
- Met weekly and monthly processing, filing, copying and other administrative tasks deadlines.
- Managed shipping and receiving of various documents, charts and other office supplies.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Indexed, coded, and preserved over 20,000 pages of documents for future archival storage.
- Compiled data from customer-supplied questionsnaires pertaining to customer service satisfaction levels.
- Cataloged, filed, and retrieved hundreds of customer records using Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet program.
- Transcribed over 10 hours of dictation into typed correspondence on a daily basis without errors or multiple rewrites.
- Provided clerical assistance to managers in payroll processing and insurance verification on a weekly basis.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Organized 50,000-page office in one year; completed 203 cross-referenced and assigned tasks.
- Took initiative to initiate system tickets from the divisional function to create a section of the local online system.
- Managed data entry operations of three systems and administered new computer programs.
- Adhered to divisional policies regarding editing, typing, operating equipment, attendance records and filing procedures.
- Gained excellent interpersonal skills through interaction with co-workers and supervision by senior manager; acquired job knowledge through experience working with most departments of the firm.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Certified in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, and Access; maintained data files for the City of Miami’s Safety Program.
- Maintained over 500 files for citizen applications with exact dates, numbers, and names per file.
- Created reports with statistical information from billing records including balances due of all accounts.
- Organized Personal Schedule for individuals employed by the City of Miami.
- Oversaw monthly bookkeeping operations for the city’s largest capital project; included data manipulation, financial analysis, and preparation of monthly reports.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Restored, organized, and maintained the integrity of databases for the Regional Operations Center.
- Met productivity expectations by handling multiple tasks in accordance with established goals.
- Achieved Microsoft Certified Professional status by effectively navigating through completion of computer based training courses.
- Developed proficiency in automated administrative systems by completing a Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Coursework at (School Name).
- Masterfully educated others on usage of electronic spreadsheet programs to organizationally prepare budgets and other financial documents.
Data Clerk Resume Sample 14
- Prepared data for database entry in a timely and accurate manner; achieved a 99.5% accuracy rating in my first year of this job.
- Maintained database with accesses and security files; managed daily automated backups.
- Identified and corrected database errors; verified database integrity.
- Posted data to spreadsheet files using formulae based on requirements; maintained spreadsheet files containing entries disabled by database server crashes.
- Presented explanation of errors following backup failure to users who required database records to be recovered without loss of data in the event of system failure or corruption.
To work as a Data Clerk, you must have a high school diploma or equivalent with previous data entry or related office experience. Data Clerks should demonstrate fast typing, thoroughness, and attention to detail, proficiency with computer programs, as well as excellent communication and organization skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Data Clerk Resume Samples
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Data Clerk Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up