Mail Processing Clerks are in charge of sorting and preparing mail to be distributed for the post office. Their duties include preparing mail to load on carrier trucks, loading post office trucks, operating and repairing machinery, sorting and organizing mail, assisting customers, weighing parcels to determine the prices, and checking addresses to ensure they are correct.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mail Processing Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mail Processing Clerk resumes for your reference.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 1
- award for “100% on-time delivery” of all outgoing mail; upheld industry’s high standards of electronic communication.
- Achieved award as a 10+ year employee; recognized by the Regional Manager for dedication and excellence.
- Achieved award for outstanding computer skills; skillfully corrected irregularities in the company database.
- Achieved award for achieving outstanding call monitoring scores; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Achieved award for maintaining a clean work environment.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task by efficiently producing mail pieces that were reviewed for accuracy, grammar, and punctuation by company management.
- Created, edited, and distributed Executive Communication that was widely used throughout the organization.
- Recognized as a key contributor; made unique suggestions that increased productivity by 30%.
- Handled numerous financial review requests; set high standards for accuracy.
- Escalated complaints to appropriate company party, thereby maintaining our customers’ satisfaction levels.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Accurately completed all tasks assigned within three minutes; received highest pay grade.
- Received a promotion to Junior Senior Mail Processor due to award-winning performance.
- Correctly processed change orders for 7 facilities in 3 states; resolved discrepancy with federal tax records and SSA-1042’s on the same day.
- Achieved award for accuracy in processing mailed items; delivered timely and accurate reports to auditor’s office.
- Learned how to accurately include company name when completing timecards (across state lines), creating special situations where employee handbook was violated by the contractor.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; identified and reported $4,000 in missing checks.
- Received recognition for identifying and resolving a recurring problem with the shredder before it caused severe delays.
- Achieved top performer status during my first month of employment; accurately tracked 15,000+ monthly transactions.
- Heat-sealed envelopes for 50+ letters per hour on an industrial scale machine; achieved award for exceptional proficiency in operating machinery.
- Maintained a 4:1 error rate ratio; upheld industry’s high standards of accuracy and precision.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Provided customer service to account holders; successfully handled customer inquiries, while effectively reducing the number of returned checks and check charge-backs.
- Achieved award for customer service excellence; frequently exceeded performance goals by providing excellent customer service through phone and e-mail.
- Processed incoming mail; packaged orders for shipping; accurately processed invoices for payment.
- Treated, prepared, and tested all incoming mail as required in order to maintain the company’s reputation as one of the leading privately-held health care organizations in North America.
- Achieved award for exceeding productivity standards; processed at an average rate of 750 pieces per day with an error rate of 4%.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Outstanding performance as a mail processor, achieving the maximum allowable goals with consistency.
- Chose to go above and beyond by pitching in to help fellow employees.
- Balancing multiple tasks while still achieving established goals is no problem due to work ethic and efficiency.
- Achieved award for completing assigned daily tasks; received recognition from the regional manager for outstanding performance.
- Increased company profits by ________% by making suggestions regarding process improvement; nominated for Manager’s Award.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Achieved award for excellence in customer service; recognized by the supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Achieved excellent rating of customer satisfaction; excelled at the fulfillment of the company’s potential for growth.
- Accomplished production goals through increased efficiency, accuracy, and productivity.
- Accomplished award for meeting customer satisfaction goal; thoroughly processed 50+ mailbox deposits each month.
- Accomplished award for productivity; efficiently processed 25+ deposits each day in a thankless environment without complaint.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Received the highest score in training, 90% of which was based on my ability to provide customers with quick, accurate service and repair of postal equipment.
- Handled over 1,500 pieces of incoming mail per day; assigned to train new employees.
- Ensured customer satisfaction by instilling proactive communication; ultimately eliminating customer complaints by 95%.
- Exceeded department goal for 10×10 for two consecutive years. Received award for offering the most efficient mail processing operation in the state.
- Presented a service award at the Annual Postal Convention; received recognition as the leader in reducing equipment failures while earning several customer appreciation awards along the way.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Worked as a mail processor for over 5 years; abided by mail processing guidelines and maintained a high level of employee satisfaction.
- Took home an award for outstanding performance as an individual mail clerk responsible for mail processing on the 3rd floor of Barnhill.
- Stood out from others in the administration and clerical field by handling many of the “offices” positions such as scheduling, receptionist, warehouse, orders entry, and expediting.
- Achieved award for productivity; accurately processed 50+ orders per day.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Gave customers the mail they needed when they needed it.
- Printed, sorted, and collated mail for over 600 customers.
- Handled all documents for employee orientation and payroll.
- Keyed in data, including forms, and updated records daily. Obtained necessary information from customers, including names from the personnel department. Transcribed listening devices and filed papers/documents as directed by other employees in the office & files system.
- Maintained an organized filing system; always greeted clients with a smile & made customers feel comfortable when shipping documents to them by providing accurate information at all times via telephone or in person.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Patched, sorted, and classified incoming documents according to industries; accurately tallied the amount of work assigned.
- Accurately logged each item processed and ensured that all items were completed according to guidelines.
- Recognized for exceptional performance; consistently met every production requirement for 20+ employees.
- Achieved award for productivity; performed at maximum speed to ensure timely completion of duties with minimal error.
- Achieved Award for Productivity; memorized and executed several administrative tasks in high volume areas with minimal errors.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Completed data entry and preparation of marketing materials, such as pamphlets and brochures, for various departments.
- Recognized for exceptional performance in preparing informational materials, such as departmental newsletters and reports. completed numerous projects within deadline requirements.
- Performed data entry for the entire department; effectively addressed errors in order to ensure accuracy.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; consistently met company’s policies regarding ethics and confidentiality.
- Achieved award for outstanding accuracy; completed 100% of all project work within given deadlines.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Resolved customer concerns regarding credit card applications, processors’ errors, and/or account issues. Several customers expressed gratitude via mail and/or phone for my outstanding customer service.
- Processed franchise and merchant applications in a timely manner. Gained supervisor’s appreciation for my initiative; consistently met or exceeded the quota of 20 applications per day.
- Collected delinquent franchise and merchant payments; raised $10K+ in unpaid fees annually for XYZ Company.
- Achieved award as an Outstanding Team Member; obtained respect from fellow employees, peers, supervisors and managers for my hard work and dedication to the success of XYZ Company.
- Achieved award for participation in a seminar; obtained valuable information regarding better ways to do my job and improved productivity by 15% within the first month.
Mail Processing Clerk Resume Sample 14
- Managed mail processing; ensured mail was processed as requested in a timely manner.
- Achieved award for poor customer service; apologized and repositioned where needed.
- Adhering to the DMGT policy, was promoted to Mail Processing Clerk II position after 6 months.
- Achieved award for excellent record keeping; satisfied with a production level of 25+ pieces per hour.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service; greeted with a smile and continued actions were appreciated.
To work as a Mail Processing Clerk, you must have a high school diploma. Mail Processing Clerks must demonstrate excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, communication skills, basic computer skills, basic mathematical skills, time management skills, and confidentiality.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.