Applications don’t just have to be made for iOS: they can be used for PC’s and MacBooks as well. In order to build a successful app, you’ll need knowledge of the Java programming language. Java Architects are responsible for integrating, upgrading and defining software to support Java apps. Follow my advice to be on your way to developing the next great app!
How to Become a Successful Java Architect?
Learn Java: This one might go without saying, but I’ll emphasize it anyways: you NEED to learn Java in order to be successful as a Java Architect. It’s in the name, after all! Increasing your knowledge of the language will only make your final programs stronger and more appealing to audiences.
Get a Degree in Computer Science: Getting a degree in Computer Science will allow you to practice your coding and gain the necessary expertise desired by employers in the industry. You’ll be able to learn Java in a much more streamlined fashion this way.
Take Software Design Positions: More experience is better! You’ll need to have some basic job experience in order to be considered by employers for app development. Take some software development positions throughout college to learn the ins and outs of the programming world.
Keep Up to Date with Java’s Services: Like any application, Java updates all the time in order to create a better user experience. Staying on top of the new features and bug fixes implemented into Java should give you a competitive advantage over those who don’t update their systems.
Do you want to create the next Doodle Jump? You’ll have to have some Java knowhow in order to make that happen. If you follow the advice as told above, you’ll soon be on your way to making the next hit application!
The Best Java Architect Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Java Architect resumes for your reference.
- Coordinated with client, business analyst, senior architects to analyze the requirements and design the application.
- Designed and developed the mobile API layer to interact with several legacy systems.
- Logically separated the core component in to several micro services.
- Developed a framework for Service Discovery, Service Versioning, Service Registration and Property management using ZooKeeper.
- Developed the Web Based Rich Internet Application (RIA) using J2EE (Spring framework) and Macromedia/Adobe Flex.
- Implemented business logic using Struts action components in the Struts and Hibernate framework.
- Expertise in developing enterprise applications using Struts Frameworks.
- Designed and implemented Service Oriented Architecture, enterprise service bus, web applications, databases, data warehouses, business rules.
- Developed the spring AOP programming to configure logging for the application.
- Implemented JAVA Web Services based on SOA architecture with SOAP and WSDL.
- Architected and developed several SOAP based web services build on the CFX framework.
- Collaborated on design specification reviews together with Business Analysts.
- Involved in gathering business requirement and translated into high level design of the application.
- Implemented procedures, packages, triggers, and different Joins to retrieve the data base using PL/SQL, SQL scripts.
- Gathered business requirements and translated into technical designs, test cases, training needs and post-deployment support leveraging Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology.
- Designed, developed and implemented complex Ajax enabled UI for creating new learning paths, searching and adding CLE courses to a learning path, learning path feedback forms and feedback display.
- Build prototypes; find workarounds and alternative solutions for problems encountered with frameworks and browser compatibility issues.
- Coordinated with the business leaders, stakeholders, engineers and analysts to analyze the strategic business initiatives and to develop the technical solutions.
- Developed an architecture model for crew manager systems to meet the client requirements.
- Developed a model to monitor the application using Zabbix and Metrics API.
- Developed a full transactional cache grid model system for in-house deployment as well as client-site deployment.
- Created process to extract claim data from a Greenplum database, generate JSON files and load them into MQ.
- Upgraded the E-Commerce website as well as 11 other Cabela’s internal applications to JBoss 7.2 from 5.1.1.GA as well as upgrading JQuery.
- The JBoss migrations required upgrades to Hibernate, JSF, JAXB as well as other technology upgrades.
- Worked with Systems Engineering on JBoss 7 Application Server configuration.
- Coordinated the selection and the implementation of suitable technologies and infrastructure for the new applications including Identity Management and Single Sign-On.
- Designed the J2EE back-end infrastructure that collects, stores and distributes clients’ information amongst the different regions that the organization services.
- Created detailed architecture and design documents for the Soft-Launch.
- Participated in the implementation of the Extra-Net portal, the Soft-Launch with other developers, infrastructure and implementation personnel.
- Using RAD development, analyzed and designed solutions for continuous flow of client features requests, and led development team in implementing solutions.
- Front end application rendered HMTL, JScript, and CSS using Java servlets, JSPs, and XSLT.
- Backend data was managed by Java, Oracle 8i PL/SQL, and PERL languages.
- Developed XML reporting engine for B2B communication with auto auctions, auto manufacturers and inspection companies.
- Worked with external consulting team to communicate design decisions across organizations and support engineers working with API’s developed by both teams.
- Provided deep background knowledge of applications to business analysts as subject matter expert.
- Delivered updated status, presented blocking issues, and provided timelines to project managers.
- Coordinated discussions between many different technical teams to design and implement required functionality.
- Migrated code from Java Swing components to a JSPs, Servlets, and JSTL.
- Introduced design patterns to promote ease of maintenance and improve performance.
- Designed web services to provide partners with a real time search of inventory items at different branches.
- Drove high level/detailed designs on architecturally significant components based on Aetna internal standards and presented and articulated proposed solutions to architecture review group.
- Put together architectural artifacts to form a repository representing point-of-time and finalized architectural conceptual design.
- Worked with multiple parties to resolve time/budget constraints and resource contention issues.
- Communicated with infrastructure/fellow architects/enterprise framework group to ensure best practices and address scalability/reusability issues.