The Insurance Rep. provides information about an insurance company to its clients. Their duties include responding to customer questions and resolving complaints, attending to calls and correspondences, communicating policy changes, receiving claims and communicating investigative reports, satisfying and informing customers, and forwarding customers to the appropriate department.
To work as a Insurance Customer Services representative, you need to have a high school diploma and pass an insurance assessment.An Insurance Customer Service representative must have effective oral and written communication skills, basic computer knowledge, be friendly and customer oriented, excellent time management skills, the ability to work under pressure, to remember details and data, and the ability to handle difficult customers.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Insurance Customer Service Representative resumes for your reference.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 1
- Provided exceptional customer service and support by handling over 500 customer contacts per month.
- Recommended solutions for difficult claims by researching, analyzing, and effectively communicating with callers to resolve disputes; recognized as best performer for two months in a row.
- Proficiently formulated contracts and relationships with clients by entering accurate information onto multiple computer platforms, resulting in revenue growth of 15%.
- Facilitated accounts payable process through collaboration between employees and input into departmental database system. Performed extensive data entry to ensure accuracy and completeness of documents before sending documents for signature.
- Managed accounts receivables process by maintaining records on client files within the client billing module; initiated appropriate collections procedures to recover an average account balance increase of 27%.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 2
- Accurately and efficiently processed claims, monitored account histories, and administered policies to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Received top-rate performance evaluation for achieving high standards of accuracy and speed in a call center environment.
- Improved documentation efficiency by 50% via streamlining processes and training coworkers in new software; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Contributed to company’s constant growth through 40 percent increase in policy sales within three months’ employment.
- Promoted from Administrative Intern to Customer Service Representative after one year of service.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 3
- Took ownership of tasks by taking the initiative to complete projects beyond my job requirements.
- Trained less experienced co-workers on multiple software applications, creating a more efficient work environment.
- Provided information regarding policies and costs so that customers could make informed decisions regarding their insurance needs.
- Managed complex customer claims for over two years earning annual awards for outstanding performance.
- Proactively resolved customer inquiries resulting in fewer policy cancellations and higher renewal rate attainment.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 4
- Accurately input data into the computer, creating policy records. Initiate correspondence with customers; subsequent to disciplinary infractions, solicited feedback for improvements.
- Received special award for dedicated customer service and commitment to exceeding company standards of performance.
- Recognized by Supervisor for superior job performance with consistently accurate data entry speed and timeliness..
- Receive appreciation in mathematics skills when completing complex calculations involving advanced statistical functions, accounts payable budgets, and accounting procedures.
- Adept in parsing the Microsoft Office Suite, excel in particular; demonstrated proficiency when analyzing information on spreadsheet models with multiple dependent variables.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated extraordinary performance in call monitoring; identified and resolved customer concerns while adhering to company’s guidelines regarding customer service.
- Guided customers through application process, verified information, and submitted applications for coverage.
- Emailed prospective clientele to share available discounts for homeowners’ insurance, life insurance, umbrella policies, renter’s insurances, etc.
- Effectively accommodated workplace changes related to scheduling availability due to personal schedule conflicts/pursuits.
- Acknowledged collaborative efforts of coworkers during department-wide celebration involving free food and games.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 6
- Provide efficient, effective customer service to policyholders and agents; resolve issues and refer them as needed.
- Recognized for high achievement in providing insurance follow-up services; received the President’s Award for Excellence.
- Maintained a 98% rating on all outgoing calls for over 10 months; recognized by the Manager as an outstanding performer.
- Updated billing statements to reflect accurate due dates allowing customers to avoid late fees; identified by the Regional Director as a significant contributor of superior work performance.
- Assisted marketing representatives with prepping binder presentations needed through various campaigns; effectively met company requirements within budget guidelines.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 7
- Received over 10% in incentive pay for meeting or exceeding individual sales quotas.
- Solved complicated policy issues and resolved conflicts with other agencies to retain customer accounts.
- Managed a high volume of incoming phone calls, emails, and walk-in customers; achieved an award for superior customer service and satisfaction ratings.
- Achieved top commission percentage for earning $18K of the company’s annual profit by selling new policies and renewals.
- Identified key growth market opportunities based on consumer feedback; designed marketing strategies using telemarketing techniques.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 8
- Provided insurance application information to prospective policyholders, including coverage availability, premiums, and billing options.
- Resolved customer concerns by clarifying issues, answering questions, researching changes in policy, escalating unresolved problems to manager for review.
- Reduced turnover by 30% through motivation of co-workers; recognized as Employee of the Quarter for outstanding performance.
- Aided customers with renewals after processing their initial applications; made phone calls to confirm mutual understanding of contract changes.
- Improved call center attendance record by 40%; recognized for dedication to work responsibilities and ethical standards required to better serve customers.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 9
- Provided customer services to hundreds of insurance professionals, physicians, and patients; developed strong knowledge of medical billing and coding.
- Learned how to become a licensed biller through vocational courses and training programs.
- Developed interpersonal skills by working with individuals from various backgrounds to resolve issues and meet business objectives.
- Troubleshot issues for agents, insureds, doctors offices, hospitals, and carriers via telephone calls while adhering to compliance guidelines.
- Accurately assessed insurance policy benefit structures associated with three different types of policies including Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C), Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Plans (Part D), and Medigap plans using comparative database systems which allowed me to help resolve the problems in a timely fashion.
Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 10
- Effectively provided insurance products and services to members of the greater community.
- Maintained accurate records while maintaining professional standards related to confidentiality, reliability, and quality customer service.
- Cultivated personal relationships with customers by staying abreast of their needs; received referrals from over 50% of original customers.
- Achieved award for Outstanding Customer Satisfaction.
- Earned appreciation as a team player who effectively completed all assigned projects on time while maintaining open communication with co-workers.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Samples
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 1
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 2
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 3
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 4
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 5
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 6
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 7
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 8
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 9
- Insurance Customer Service Representative Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up