An Instructional Designer is responsible for developing and producing instructional materials. They may create a training program from the ground up, develop lessons based on their company’s curriculum, and create a training program to be used by other employees. The top skills for this position are computer software skills, analytical thinking skills, critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and excellent written communication skills. Employers prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; however, some employers may also accept those with a bachelor’s degree in education.
The Best Instructional Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Instructional Designer resumes for your reference.
- Influenced reformatted design to represent AT&T Entertainment Group Home Solutions curricula.
- Designed and developed training scenarios showcasing programs and services in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Implemented new design and retrofitted training materials for over 40 modules to produce more effective learning approaches for facilitators and students with graphically designed presentations, demonstrations, and simulations.
- Demonstrated creative spirit and technical insight when developing the concept for new series of multimedia training courseware for the retail IT environment.
- Spearheaded the design and development of new software projects to improve productivity, training delivery, and operational efficiency for the company’s largest client site.
- Work with a remote design team in a fast-paced environment focused on large-scale training projects for the Bank.
- Use Agile development to create materials for Tech Leads and Scrum Masters as part of a change management course for executives and Agile team members.
- Create learning plans that track learners’ completion percentage of required courses.
- Designed and developed risk management self-study training materials for Testers.
- Expedited design process through proactive coordination of all technical resources involved in the project from start to finish.
- Matched technical talent with resources to enable the team to create award-winning content.
- Established coherent procedures to implement the training process by marrying various approaches across eight sites and eliminating an awkward and arcane set of processes.
- Implemented a documented improvement initiative that saved the company $13M a year in search time.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction levels with clients during the initial pilot testing phase; subsequently replicated success with other client sites.
- Won team award as “Employee Of The Quarter” after completing two software projects ahead of schedule while maintaining quality standards.
- Assembled training modules with authoring software for eLearning development (Altova Authentic) in a Learning Management System (LMS) to be SCORM 2004 compliant.
- Established standards and provided input to instructional designers, multimedia artists, and training leads to ensure consistency through all interactive and blended training content.
- Created instructor and computer-based curriculum employing existing product documentation, subject matter expert interviews, and product use.
- Designed software for a growth-oriented manufacturing company that provides computer assembly, distribution, and software design services.
- Co-designed an innovative “sales” system for educational institutions including all aspects of the educational needs assessment and design as well as preparation of the software.
- Developed stand-alone interactive modules on visual content, Shutterstock products, and Enterprise Salesforce training, that were viewed by over 1200 staff members in twelve different countries.
- Develop content based on training needs analysis, learner and gap analysis, interviews with subject matter experts, refinement of subject matter expert materials into need-to-know the level of materials for the given audience and learning level.
- Participate in strategic decisions regarding the selection of distance-learning solutions.
- Planned, developed, and implemented effective recruitment strategies utilizing many interactive methods in a fast-moving industry.
- Implemented effective staff morale building and recruitment strategies resulting in sharp increases in both sales and productivity.
- Responsible to conduct change and training needs analysis for Phase 2 implementation for the PLM system.
- Prepared user role matrix, mapped processes to courses, and completed a needs assessment for 150 users.
- Working with SMEs and Business Analysts to develop training content using WPB tool.
- Conducted train-the-trainer sessions for R&D, Spec Management, Plant and Supply Quality, Legal, Master Data Management groups.
- Trained over sixty new employees to the full benefit of their positions; excelled at organizational development by motivating, inspiring, and holding personnel to task.
- E-learning module course builds (Adobe Captivate), design, maintenance, and delivery through the LMS platform.
- Draft and design the Education Newsletter, announcing the latest in education programs and events.
- Assists Technical Services with the overall design and appearance of student manuals and presentations for AFSA training programs.
- Designed and developed six instructional packages, including audio, video, interactive simulations, e-learning, blended learning, and web-based training applications.
- Achieved the highest in customer satisfaction ratings; achieved 100% positive reviews by research participants for all training applications designed.
- Recommended, developed, and implemented tools, materials, and methods to enhance and simplify knowledge transfer.
- Collaborated with leadership and subject matter experts companywide to conduct a needs analysis.
- Wrote storyboards, scripts, activities, and knowledge articles that communicate curriculum design.
- Designed effective assessments to assist with evaluating and updating the curriculum.
- Established exceptional rapport with clients; presented professional and expert opinions without an agenda for results.
- Design and create online university competency-based courses in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with SMEs, instructional designers, platform vendors, and curriculum directors across the United States to evaluate, design, and develop courses that support meaningful learning that is aligned with competencies and program goals.
- Write competency statements, learning objectives, and align learning resources to objectives and assessments.
- Participate in LMS evaluations, new opportunities, approaches to learning technology, and enhancements.
- Coordinated designs of six contractually obligated development teams with twelve different contractors across many states; this required adapting to different cultures in order to communicate effectively.
- Apply tested instructional design theories and knowledge of adult learning techniques to the development of learning activities.
- Practice principles of gamification and iterative development utilizing Agile and ADDIE.
- Leveraging XML toolset, design storyboards for technical training and materials for supplementary support.
- Employ well-honed interpersonal skills to facilitate collaboration with all levels of the Instructional Design team, including subject matter experts, multimedia developers, and graphic artists.
- Developed highly detailed lesson plans and presentation aids for a multimedia CD-ROM course on Microsoft Access.
- Designed instructor-led training on configuring and using inventory management software that integrates Radio Frequency Identification technology.
- Developed customer training guide, including hands-on exercises and instructor guidance, using Framemaker, PowerPoint, and Snagit.
- Conferred with software and hardware engineers to obtain missing information and clarify issues.
- Designed and created a proprietary computerized tutorial system to alleviate weaknesses of the corporate training department; successfully implemented my product solution into the corporation’s workflow.
- Provided optimum quality by personally illustrating, programming, and conducting interactive demonstrations of over one hundred software applications.
- Noted for providing appropriate verbal and written inputs that are comprehensible and easy to implement for the Graphics team; the inputs helped them develop graphics that augmented the subject matter of the content.
- Actively participated and was recognized for giving valuable feedback during Media-Instructional Designer reviews.
- Coordinated with the Quality Assurance team to provide the best content for the intended media.
- Devised methods to deliver effective software instruction modules for customers in remote offices; prompted customer satisfaction with high-performance products during quarterly installation meetings.
- The expanded customer base for technical training services by offering online training courses via Internet; increased profits through reduced overhead costs.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.