Infrastructure engineers are responsible for the oversight of all hardware and software within the operating environment of a company. Their duties and responsibilities include designing network infrastructures, diagnosing network issues, finding or creating a solution for those network problems, maintaining the security of the company network, support all hardware and software upgrades, and overseeing and maintaining storage systems to include cloud storage as well as hardware storage.
To work as an Infrastructure Engineer you will need a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Infrastructure Engineers must possess analytical skills, be able to communicate clearly, understand operating systems, understand all laws pertaining to data privacy, be proficient with all technological storage systems, be an avid problem-solver, and possess the ability to work under high pressure circumstances in order to be successful in this field.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Infrastructure Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Infrastructure Engineer resumes for your reference.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Implemented new technologies for managing environmental issues in the greater New York area.
- Conducted research on entire distribution system to determine potential for energy savings through reduced leakage.
- Upgraded nearly 300 miles of pipeline, while continuing service to all affected customers during low pressure period; recognized by Director of Operations for outstanding performance.
- Recognized by Manager as “the best”, having maintained highly effective working relationships with several other agencies and companies, including UNIPECO , NYC DEP , ConEdison , etc., without any complaints or disputes since 2007.
- Managed complex design projects for installation of over nine million square feet of innovative manufacturing facilities in China, Korea, and Taiwan.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Designed and implemented one of the first wireless traffic signal systems in Minneapolis, MN.
- Developed system for automating field work management using RFID technology to reduce cost and errors.
- Conducted analysis of major transportation corridors throughout north-central Minnesota identifying current and future travel demand patterns along with potential multimodal solutions that enhance regional connectivity and accommodate high-speed ground transportation.
- Implemented a new telecommunications infrastructure supporting data, voice, video, and security applications including installation and configuration of network equipment at customer site; set up RFC 1918 addressing schemes for networks.
- Built knowledge foundation through research activities on topics such as future telecommunication needs in developing countries; improved local infrastructure by facilitating connections to central universities; developed plans for future infrastructure growth.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Identified and repaired inefficiencies and ineffectiveness of existing infrastructure evaluations.
- Spearheaded the design and construction of an entirely new infrastructure system; recognized by company’s top management for outstanding performance.
- Affected the lives of thousands of people by successfully resolving flooding issues in an urban district.
- Reconstructed bridges that had collapsed during natural disasters for state and federal highway safety standards.
- Devised methods for measuring structural integrity of bridge decks, piers, and abutments to ensure safe passage for vehicular traffic.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Managed the design and construction of a $16 million expansion project; directed crews in installation of new utility lines, traffic signals, street lights, water mains and storm drains.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, coordinating, supervising, and problem solving to meet all schedule milestones while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Effectively prepared reports to summarize work progress for departmental review board meetings with recommendations for resolution of any efficiency problems encountered during the project.
- Recruited by industry competitor for expanded role within their organization through use of newfound leadership abilities in guiding staff to accomplish complex tasks.
- Resolved escalated customer service issues effectively when encountering equipment malfunctions, including design of a new part that functioned as intended.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Led the design of a $10 million, 3.5 acre roadway expansion project in less than six months for one of the nation’s largest non-profit hospitals
- Instrumental in reducing $3 million stockpiles over 5 years through sourcing, inventorying and negotiating lower prices on all purchase orders
- Completed ten projects within stringent time constraints while adhering to strict quality standards
- Gained knowledge in utility evaluation, development of conceptual site plans, design, construction documents and bidding packages
- Won outstanding Employee Recognition Award from manager after constructing 2 miles of underground piping from specification to installation for a major refinery.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Constructed a new access connection to a subdivision with a heavy vehicle use.
- Established the scope and estimated the cost of all material, labor, equipment, and permit requirements for construction projects.
- Managed various infrastructure improvement projects from start to finish including bid preparation, project schedule development, coordination with other agencies, contract negotiation and award for nearly half-a million dollar in three months time.
- Executed multiple tasks simultaneously while overseeing subcontractors’ work on site that resulted in early completion of designs before deadlines.
- Focused efforts on mitigating waste associated with water management while ensuring compliance with state regulations during $100K+ worth of upgrade at two sites.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Performed storm water management plan review, analysis and reporting.
- Improved quality of written documentation for infrastructure projects.
- Presented new infrastructure model design to county commissioners.
- Designed roads, intersections, sidewalks, drainage facilities, utility routes, landscapes for individual properties/projects.
- Developed transportation improvement plans for Linn County roadway system; recognized by the Iowa DOT as a Master Transportation Planner.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Pioneered and developed innovative approaches in design and implementation of network infrastructure, resulting in the consolidation of three data centers into one via virtualization.
- Oversaw planning and installation of wireless infrastructure components across multiple business units; recognized by management for best practices.
- Orchestrated security initiatives for all aspects of infrastructure; increased system availability from 97% to 99%, resulting in faster application response times.
- Identified opportunities to utilize IP service levels for improved SLAs, reducing operational costs.
- Provided leadership during staff reductions while maintaining corporate compliance with regard to HIPAA, SOX, FISMA requirements.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Provided leadership for infrastructure projects; streamline daily tasks, improve processes and organization.
- Designed transportation system to balance commuter needs while considering environmental impact.
- Plan, direct, and conduct multiple research studies in traffic estimation field; implement results to develop digital database structures.
- Aid in saving $100 million by recommending changes in road construction plans; recognized by state legislators for contributions to economic development initiatives.
- Coordinated with district superintendent on school bus route plan that reduced travel time while improving service delivery level.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Assessed needs, advised stakeholders, and executed the design for a new wastewater treatment plant providing storage capacity of 5.5 million gallons.
- Performed field inspections on major projects and documented observations with recommendations for resolving discrepancies.
- Developed construction cost estimating program to deliver $7M in annual savings; recognized by project team as instrumental in turnaround efforts and future service delivery.
- Improved the delivery time of turnaround assignments from over 30 days to 48 hours saving $50K annually; recognized as one of two employees responsible for increasing efficiencies within the department.
- Re-engineered the documentation process among engineering disciplines to reduce errors and delivered848K in value back to the organization.
Infrastructure Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Led a team of 12 engineers in the design and construction of state-of-the-art building that was awarded for high engineering merit.
- Spearheaded investment into 4G cellular networks for telecom companies which led to significant revenue increases.
- Authored technical white paper, “Deployment of Combined Layer 2/Layer 3 Access Switches” , exploring practical application of new technology on existing equipment, resulting in increased productivity.
- Completed work within budgeted amount, on schedule to meet the needs of project stakeholders by implementing innovative solutions to resolve complex problems. Led efforts in testing and commissioning new systems.
- Designed core infrastructure using advanced technologies such as VXLAN, ACI, and ACI Fabric in a highly automated platform capable of dynamically routing traffic in under 50 microseconds.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.