A director of admissions typically works in an educational setting and vets applicants to an institution. These individuals evaluate applications, oversee active recruitment, determine entry requirements, interview candidates, work alongside faculty, and inform applicants of their entry or nonentry into the institution.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Admissions Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Admissions resumes for your reference.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 1
- Led the administration of an increasing enrollment by 25% while reducing unnecessary spending and increasing time to market new programs.
- Increased student retention rates for full-time course participants through effective course feedback and counseling; developed a rating system which developed positive relationships between staff and learners.
- Stimulated enrollment with innovative advertising campaigns, leading to an average sales growth of 8% every year since hired; recognized as Vice President’s Most Valuable Employee (MVE).
- Reduced administrative overhead from previous director’s 5 years in office by 25%, despite experienced increase in enrollment, through restructuring policies and procedures.
- Provided exceptional customer service to prospective students during campus tours, hosting up to 200 visitors per week; received praises from parents and led to increased enrollment.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 2
- Responded to and processed applicant admissions in a rapid and effective manner.
- Spoke with families, administration, and patrons regarding concerns relating to the process of admission at our school.
- Recruited and hired top caliber teacher applicants based upon senior student recommendations.
- Accurately organized faculty applications for review by administrative staff members.
- Wrote reports for submission to the school board, maintaining confidentiality of personal records.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 3
- Provided excellent customer service to prospective students, parents, and staff by answering phone inquiries, meeting walk-ins.
- Mediated one on one between applicants and representatives from different schools regarding admissions decisions.
- Issued disposition for student requests regarding admission status in a timely manner.
- Managed the process of accepting all forms of application data while ensuring quality data entry across multiple systems.
- Promoted from Intake Representative to Supervisor after 1 year of service through leadership abilities and commitment to organizational success.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw all facets of recruitment, including enrollment projections and staffing.
- Provided exceptional service to international students, domestic students, and alumni through the creation of an applications acceptance policy that counted for 80% admission rate.
- Managed fourteen administrative staff members in order to schedule tours, lectures, receptions, performances, workshops, athletic events; encouraged employees based on merit.
- Developed new curriculum for business English courses taught at two affiliated sites; introduced innovative ideas during conferences with educational leaders from around the world.
- Concluded strong annual performance reviews by delivering positive feedback to each staff member after analyzing performance using learning strategies derived from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 5
- Increased number of applicants and students attending by updating information on website, social media sites, and school brochures.
- Developed daily workflow to manage an average of 100 phone calls per day from prospective families and created scripts to answer questions quickly and efficiently.
- Involved in student recruitment process through participation in career fairs, college days, open houses, high schools visits, scholarships fairs and community outreach efforts while managing various logistics for same events year after year while others did not do so.
- Eased the transition for incoming students by providing resources through a customized orientation program; continued commitment to future growth by enhancing brand awareness and image at local colleges.
- Enabled veteran teachers to teach, and students to learn; provided support for teachers by providing access to state-of-the-art technology.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 6
- Recruited students for an esteemed private doctoral-level school in the field of social sciences, with specialization in applied psychology.
- Orchestrated efforts to create and implement marketing plan that achieved a successful yearly enrollment rate 15% higher than average for institution.
- Managed all aspects of recruiting process, from student recruitment to student retention.
- Improved admissions office’s workflow by developing a workable filing system and establishing a uniform documentation process for incoming records.
- Enhanced team dynamics by leading meetings aimed at identifying alternate strategies to increase applicant pool while lowering attrition rates across academic years.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 7
- Streamline and increase office productivity by developing a standardized interview format, including a scoring rubric which resulted in a 36% raise.
- Double the number of enrollments at Western Canyon University with effective creative marketing strategies.
- Achieve new financial records during an economic recession through effective management of departmental budget.
- Oversee the organization and proper usage of all aspects of the university’s financial aid system through effective employment of staff.
- Implemented innovative strategies to improve relationships with recruiters and deans through effective communication and tracking of student information.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 8
- Quickly, courteously and accurately responded to inquiries from prospective students; responded to emails within two hours.
- Orchestrated a YMCA initiative that resulted in four new memberships and over $500 in donations for the local YMCA.
- Created an electronic submission process of admission applications which eliminated paperwork and provided digital copies to professors for review before submission of official documents.
- Hired twenty-three full time admissions advisors which increased office’s productivity by 30%. Created twenty-two job descriptions and training materials.
- Supervised nineteen summer interns each year; delegated senior level tasks such as applicant visits, tours, parent orientations, interviews, etc.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 9
- Provided support to the Director of Admissions by managing the complex admissions, enrollment, federal aid, and registration processes for 667 students.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction rating after working closely with student staff to monitor plans of study for all incoming students.
- Entered data provided by counselors into computerized system to create reports that identified at-risk students in order to determine appropriate academic intervention strategies.
- Contributed significantly toward achieving departmental goals by perfecting software programs related to internal funding sources; maintained records on hundreds of funding requests.
- Delivered exceptional service while maintaining accuracy when preparing the annual institutional/student budgets; completed numerous special projects involving budgetary concerns.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 10
- Increased college enrollment by 20% and secured new on-campus housing in a single academic year.
- Streamlined graduate school application process, increasing the number of applicants from 2 to 7 per month.
- Recruited a team of seven professional staff members for a newly created department. Drastically improved communication between the University’s administration and executive staff.
- Became an expert in database management software, thus enabling efficient use of resources, maximizing employment opportunities for students, and promoting effective Alumni involvement with the School.
- In less than six months’ tenure at Admissions Office, converted over 40 fresh incoming students into volunteers who assist freshmen transition into the academic environment through tutoring extra-curricular activities.
Director of Admissions Resume Sample 11
- Founded and designed new methodology to post admissions data; increased enrollment by 12% within 2 years.
- Reduced time for reviewing applications by 25% with the implementation of new technology; led to a 35% increase in applicants processed.
- Achieved 98% accuracy on the Annual Report’s Minority Data Summaries report; developed recruitment goals based on market demand and campus capacity.
- Obtained 20,000th dollar donation towards Alumni Scholarship Fund while directing 100 applicants through Admissions Office.
- Improved database administration saving $4000 per year in licensing fees and received an award for exceptional service from IT department.
The minimum educational requirement for this role is a bachelor’s degree, though some directors acquire a master’s degree along with several years of administrative experience. A director of admissions must possess leadership skills, management experience, confidence, discernment, personal computing proficiency, problem-solving aptitudes, and an analytical mindset.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.