Humanitarians are in charge of assisting with disasters all over the world and work for various government organizations. Their duties include assessing emergencies, managing program budgets, training volunteers, producing reports and recommendations for emergency intervention, developing and monitoring objectives, and overseeing annual planning and reviews of programs and plans.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Humanitarian Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Humanitarian resumes for your reference.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 1
- Helped the United States Department of State secure approximately $5.5 million in relief funds for victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
- Participated in a multi-agency coordinating effort to aid earthquake relief efforts in Haiti. Identified and secured critical resources for mission personnel, families, and volunteers.
- Used his management experience to manage several home-based programs for children with severe medical needs as well as high-risk pregnancy and orphan care.
- Directed the United States Department of State Disaster Relief Fund relating to Hurricane Ike for orphan care and homeless services in Houston, TX.
- Participated in multiple disaster relief efforts, including Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Rita.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 2
- Worked with local animal shelter to ensure humane treatment of shelter animals.
- Assisted elderly individuals to maintain independence and self-respect by attending to their needs in a timely and professional manner.
- Assisted with the organization’s acknowledgement of local citizens that have made a positive impact in their communities.
- Coordinated the donation of professional books to the local library. Conducted initial review of hundreds of books, developed procedures for categorization, and donated funds towards new shelving units for donation books.
- Collaborated with other volunteers/organizations in providing care packages on holidays as well as other community service opportunities throughout the year.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 3
- Led the planning and coordination of a communitywide Thanksgiving dinner for more than 150 families in need.
- Assisted children with reading and math at the Boys and Girls Club afterschool program.
- Provided counseling services to clients at the local Family Services department.
- Conducted a community survey to identify issues of concern for residents with disabilities.
- Assisted new U.S. citizens in learning English by tutoring them 4 days a week at the Community Action Agency.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 4
- Provided assistance to veterans and families in need after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Participated in relief efforts for earthquake victims in Haiti.
- Assisted with flood relief efforts for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Helped provide supplies, food and water to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
- Participated in Hurricane Recovery efforts during response and recovery at the Rockaway Beach Indoor Swimming Pool, New York.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 5
- Printer (Government): Maintained high level of productivity while under intense time and quality pressures.
- Local Bank: Adopted strict adherence to the banks’ policies and guidelines; maintained a proactive approach toward customer service; recognized for superior performance by the Regional Manager.
- Christian College: Assisted in improving procedures for staff, faculty, and students. Enforced policies and practices to protect the security of all computers at the school.
- Electric Company: Managed a department with 50 employees and 400 customers in 5 zip codes. Improved systems, processes and policies; enhanced customer services; provided the best experience for customers.
- “God’s money”: Fulfilled the requirement to serve as a ‘seed’ donor while assisting in the grant application process with an agency.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 6
- One of the top performing employees.
- Achieved award for raising $32,000 for the National Child Abuse Hotline.
- Helped raise funds for military families at annual Veteran’s Day breakfast event.
- Received award for assisting with the highest amount of closing during annual sales contest.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 7
- Provided emergency relief through the use of donated goods to fellow employees and customers suffering from natural disasters.
- Purchased bedding, blankets, and clothing for distribution to people in need.
- Determined that the organization was in need of basic items and donations were needed for immediate needs.
- Discovered items that could be used as a teaching tool in local elementary schools.
- Performed tasks necessary to keep the organization running smoothly; scheduled meetings, established deadlines, tracked expenses, interviewed applicants, and performed other administrative tasks required by the Director of Community Outreach.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 8
- Volunteered at the local animal shelter and helped with the adoptions of the animals. Raked leaves for the elderly in my neighborhood.
- Examined claims for discrepancies, prepared letters to State Prison Medical Director for inmate’s prescriptions, corresponded with inmates and their families about medical services, and assisted with transportation of inmates to outside medical appointments.
- Directed plan review division; observed housing units; reviewed plans; accepted construction bids; monitored progress reports; ordered corrections of violations and abatements.
- Appeared on television as an advocate for children who have been abused or taken advantage of by adults.
- In addition to my regular work duties, I prepared letters to the Department of Social Services for immigrant families who had problems with child care and adoption services.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 9
- Donated my time and effort by serving in the local church’s summer program; as a mentor, I worked with troubled children who had been removed from their homes.
- Took my vacation time to serve in an orphanage in Trinidad with My Sister’s Home, Inc. Why the extra effort? I wanted to serve those less fortunate than me.
- Worked with other volunteers to assemble food and personal care packages for an organization that helps people suffering from AIDS in Cameroon, Africa.
- Volunteered at numerous events that benefited homeless children, including the countywide lock-in and Christmas dinner party for disadvantaged girls.
- Recovered stolen items and found the missing persons by conducting detailed searches.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 10
- Contributed to the food-aid program for Katrina victims as a member of a field staff in New Orleans; provided effective customer service and management.
- Spent approximately 55 hours per week for 4 months providing assistance with tasks such as certifying the need for assistance, localizing humanitarian contributions, and coordinating agency resources.
- Developed a program that helped hurricane survivors access the federal government’s disaster programs, including FEMA grants and temporary housing assistance.
- Followed up with 500 residents to check on their needs, including those who chose not to go back to the city.
- Utilized communication skills, relationships and knowledge of local government to further the mission of the program.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 11
- Participated in the annual conference to provide training on setting priorities and prioritizing tasks for developing a working relationship.
- Served as a “life saver” for patrons by assisting them with funeral arrangements, coordinating travel, coordinating arrangements, and supervising final arrangements; received award for assisting with the highest number of originations during the sales contest.
- Assisted volunteers from the community in fundraising activities and organized an annual family picnic at Lake Burdellfest.
- Established contact with an international relief organization to provide food and water to Venezuelan residents.
- Accepted responsibility of the school’s small newsletter which was delivered via email.
Humanitarian Resume Sample 12
- Served as a disaster response team member in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina; assisted with transportation, shelter, food and water distribution, and provided psychological counseling to those affected by the disaster.
- Participated in an international Humanitarian mission to help support families during a devastating earthquake that took place in Haiti on January 12th 2010.
- Participated in a project for the U.S. Army based at Fort Dix to improve Training Support Coordination, Performance Assessments, Civil Military Operations and Individual Leader Development.
- Served as a Senior Disaster Management Specialist for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; participated in disaster relief operations for Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005.
- Provided operation support for the NASA STS-125 mission to upgrade the Hubble Space Telescope with new instruments and equipment.
To work as a Humanitarian, you must have a bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Public Affairs, or a related field. Humanitarians must demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, organizational skills, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, leadership skills, and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.