Cabinet builders are finish carpenters who assemble and repair custom cabinets. Their duties include setting up and maintaining their woodworking tools and machines, studying blueprints or diagrams of cabinets prior to construction, planning sequences of cutting or shaping operations, confirm correct calculations for alignment of doors and hinges, constructing and assembling cabinet components and replacement pieces to the exact specifications of the client with a minimum of wasted material, installing hardware such as door pulls and hinges, painting or staining cabinets, and preparing purchase orders for more materials.
To work as a cabinet builder, you need to demonstrate knowledge of applicable engineering and mathematics, which can come from a vocational training school or from previous experience. Cabinet builders must show manual dexterity, be able to quote clients accurate costs, pay extreme attention to detail, practice workplace safety, have good written and verbal communication skills, design schematics, and be able to meet deadlines while staying on budget to be successful.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Cabinet Builder Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cabinet Builder resumes for your reference.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 1
- Successfully completed new cabinet construction within a tight project deadline.
- Identified and fixed electrical problems in the main kitchen area of new restaurant.
- Completed kitchen re-design with advanced space utilization to provide a variety of storage options.
- Cleaned and repaired ovens, refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves, etc.; ensured all equipment was fully functional for grand opening.
- Assisted general contractor with estimating damage from water leak; repaired damaged molding using hand tools and adhesive; prime paint areas requiring touch up.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 2
- Fabricated kitchen cabinets and installed them in a luxury custom home.
- Complete my duties in an efficient manner by using the most effective approach to completion without wasting resources.
- Exceeded quota for material savings by properly utilizing salvage items from previous jobs before purchasing new materials, improving profitability for company.
- Identified customer satisfaction problems and communicated with management to correct errors on install job thereby increasing customer retention rates.
- Completed projects within proper timeframe and budget; earned formal commendation from manager who noted improvements I brought about regarding quality of workmanship, efficiency of installation crew, and overall appearance of building site.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 3
- Fabricated cabinets, countertops and furniture for residential and commercial customers.
- Completed projects on time with minimal supervision; met deadlines by leading a three-man crew on various renovation tasks.
- Assisted homeowners in organizing garage area to eliminate clutter with built-in cabinetry.
- Performed side work of carpentry, drywall installation, tiling, deck building, painting or demolishing as needed to supplement income.
- Elevated company profits significantly through increased sales of pre-designed cabinetry during my tenure there as Lead Designer/Sales Associate.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 4
- Rebuilt two large commercial restaurant walk-in coolers by fabricating parts, changing oil in compressors, repairing belts, and leveling all working parts.
- Manufactured over 50 cabinets in my home based woodshop during college in 2002-2003 for various professors at University of Akron.
- Maintained over 300 high-end luxury cars in five years during internship at Luxury Auto Collection by performing valet service, detailing, car washes, minor repairs (i.e., fuel delivery), and maintenance.
- Performed extensive repairs on homes heating systems; installed furnaces, central air conditioners/heaters, heat pumps & mini splits (i.e., gas conversion and oil to gas) and upgraded insulation.
- Installed more than 500 carpet squares of varying sizes and textures on stairs, closets, and sitting areas during family carpet business (i.e., Bahar Carpets).
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 5
- Completed installation of all cabinets, including countertops, for a total area of approximately 500 square feet.
- Successfully negotiated with subcontractor to complete agreed-upon scope of work at negotiated price.
- Managed materials and supplies inventory, overseeing 2000 lineal ft of flooring and 150 boxes of hardware.
- Achieved certification as Journeyman in the field by passing four examinations which included math skills up to 3rd grade level and hand tool safety and use.
- Attained thorough knowledge and understanding of all phases in construction process: sales, estimating, production.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 6
- Hand-crafted custom display cabinetry for several national fine art galleries.
- Completed multiple interior and exterior projects at the University of Chicago, including custom storage facilities, studio workshops, offices, dormitory construction.
- Installed all new architectural millwork in Sarah Pillsbury’s three luxury condominiums on Lakeshore Drive in Lake Forest IL., totaling nearly 3,000 square feet.
- Crafted high-end furniture pieces for individual residential customers; customer satisfaction always guaranteed.
- Trained other carpenters in molding techniques to improve productivity and standardize operations.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 7
- Assisted in the building of new homes on a daily basis.
- Supported supervisors with organizing and scheduling job duties for diffused subcontractors, resulting in increased employee productivity and company revenue.
- Performed all work in a skilled and professional manner; never completed any task until it is done right.
- Modified and improved upon existing product designs without compromising time or cost efficiency; recognized by management for exceptional skill set.
- Managed production resources, including equipment, materials, personnel, and subcontractors to achieve maximum effectiveness while adhering to budget guidelines.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 8
- Assembled new cabinets, pre-finished plywood shelves, and 3/8″ doors for customer’s remodeling project.
- Coordinated factory production process of countertops with fabricator to ensure timely install.
- Fabricated replacement kitchen cabinets; installed customer’s new cabinetry in four days.
- Replaced worn out hinges, locksets, door stops, and kick plates on 24 units within one week.
- Installed drywall panels to ceilings of two living rooms; repaired ceiling tub enclosures after water damage.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 9
- Promoted to lead position in training and overseeing apprentice cabinet makers.
- Meticulously crafted, finished, and installed cabinets per contract requirements within the Recreation & Parks Department
- Successfully upgraded and modernized woodshop with new equipment; renovated shop classroom for safety and efficiency.
- Piloted innovative student scholarship program through part-time employment of high school students at job site.
- Established a broad network of contacts within the retail building material industry.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 10
- Led teams in renovating three separate commercial properties.
- Installed granite countertops, hardwood flooring, ceramic floor tiles, wood-paneled walls, and high-end appliances.
- Replaced all plumbing lines, light fixtures, electrical panels and circuits; installed custom cabinetry for each home.
- Completed the final inspections and obtained 100% compliance on all three homes within budget; earned 10% profit per project.
- Designed house plans with specific standards which were provided to potential homeowners as a reference for their own renovations or installations.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 11
- Fabricated and installed kitchen cabinets, built new workshops, office space, barns, garages.
- Maintain inventory of tools and supplies including necessary documents to ensure productivity for myself and all employees.
- Achieved perfect attendance for 8 consecutive years; recognized by supervisor with certificate presentation of employee excellence.
- Established working relationship with local municipalities allowing business to receive additional government contracts.
- Installed over 3000 homes of new cabinetry during career; aided in new construction across six states.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 12
- Maintained and repaired over 100 units of housing.
- Performed duties including assembling cabinets, framing, dry walling, painting, and roofing for commercial buildings.
- Renovated leased apartments; recognized for excellence by property owner who kept me on monthly payroll while exterior work was completed.
- Installed and maintained all appliances in apartment units and re-built two garages from ground up.
- Honored by school board with construction projects to build six decks and one set of bleachers; used by students daily throughout the year.
Cabinet Builder Resume Sample 13
- Successfully completed training in cabinet installation and repair, able to work independently or as a team member.
- Demonstrated a proven track record of safety performance, no accidents for over three years with the company.
- Designed custom cabinetry designs to meet client needs; saved company thousands of dollars from existing cabinets.
- Developed innovative storage concepts to decrease cost and increase productivity during construction phases.
- Maintained relationships with customers through excellent customer service through the current economic conditions.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.