These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Housekeeping Supervisor resumes for your reference.
- Assisted in cleaning hotel rooms and public guest areas.
- Filled in as Manager when Housekeeping Manager was unavailable.
- Performed inventory checks, created weekly employee schedules, managed employee hours.
- Created daily reports that improved the quality of the rooms according to brand standards.
- Performed weekly tasks with the purpose of improving the image of the hotel.
- Nominated to the award of Supervisor of the Year, Back of house by “Hotel Association of Tarrant County”.
- Recruited applicants to handle a team of 8 for the housekeeping and kitchen department.
- Providing excellent customer service as per hotel standards.
- I made the monthly schedule for housekeeps and for the laundry department.
- I ensured that constant and accurate lines of communication amongst departments were kept.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- I would go to rooms and make sure they were ready for next occupancy.
- Also clean what needed to be cleaned if it wasn’t done by housekeeper.
- Then i would let housekeeper know what they did wrong or skipped to help them get back on track.
- Started as a floor tech, striping and waxing all hallways at the V.A hospital.
- After 3 weeks with the company I was made Supervisor and still worked as floor Tech on the 3rd shift.
- From there my job was to ensure all my 35 employees, had all there supplies.
- Communicate with the client for specific tasks needed done.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Develop and implement procedures for managing quality of housekeeping and laundry services.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Supervise 8 floors, inventory and manage 12 employees with 198 room’s.
- Supervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in hotels, hospitals, educational institutions, and similar establishments.
- Assign duties, inspect work, and investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action.
- Train new employees on cleanliness standards and job expectations.
- Inspect all clean rooms and ensure all rooms meet our standards.
- Assist with ensuring all rooms are ready for new residents coming in.
- Assist with employee retention activities and ensure all employees have questions answered.
- Conducted periodic inspections and instructed staff on areas of improvement.
- Notified the management of any needed repairs such as leaky faucets / sinks, loose screws or damaged tiles.
- Responsible for managing cleaning supplies and linen inventories aby notifying the management when the cleaning supplies are low.
- Organize, supervise, and coordinate the work of housekeeping personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- To keep control in grooming standard staff assignment, draw up duty rosters and supervise the discipline.
- Assure proper communication within the department by conducting regular meetings with all personnel.
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for cleaning and to initiate new procedures to increase the efficiency of labor and product use.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Supervise daily operations in maintenance and sanitation of the guestrooms, public areas and meeting spaces.
- Prepare and adjust weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Responsible for vacuuming and shampooing of carpets with Out Vac in facility.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility: mopping, sweeping, dusting, cleaning of windows.
- Separate recyclables, disperse in compactor and maintain mechanics of compactor to assure machinery is working appropriately.
- Assist with additional cleaning services when instructed by management.