Housekeeping Supervisors are responsible for the proper cleanliness of a store, but they do not manage any staff members. Duties include inspecting areas for cleanliness, ensuring that all safety procedures are followed by employees, complying with inspections, enforcing safety procedures, and conducting monthly safety meetings. Excellent customer service skills are essential, but prior experience in a similar role is preferred. The minimum educational requirement is an associate degree.
The Best Housekeeping Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Housekeeping Supervisor resumes for your reference.
- Assisted in cleaning hotel rooms and public guest areas.
- Filled in as Manager when Housekeeping Manager was unavailable.
- Performed inventory checks, created weekly employee schedules, managed employee hours.
- Effectively supervised the housekeeping department of a 40-room hotel and conference center; reduced costs per day by 15%.
- Reorganized employee schedules to reduce cleaning time for six-room suites from 50 minutes to 20 minutes; reduced labor costs.
- Created daily reports that improved the quality of the rooms according to brand standards.
- Performed weekly tasks with the purpose of improving the image of the hotel.
- Nominated to the award of Supervisor of the Year, Back of house by “Hotel Association of Tarrant County”.
- Recruited applicants to handle a team of 8 for the housekeeping and kitchen department.
- Conducted systematic weekly inspections for the cleanliness of all rooms, suites, and hallways; prevented contamination of hotel linen inventory.
- Providing excellent customer service as per hotel standards.
- I made the monthly schedule for housekeeps and for the laundry department.
- I ensured that constant and accurate lines of communication amongst departments were kept.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Helped convene focus group on Communication Enhancement/Employee Satisfaction Initiative; received appreciation recognition from VP, Human Resources.
- I would go to rooms and make sure they were ready for the next occupancy.
- Also, clean what needed to be cleaned if it wasn’t done by the housekeeper.
- Then I would let housekeepers know what they did wrong or skipped to help them get back on track.
- Achieved prime awards from the organization in recognition of extraordinary standards and capabilities.
- Led work of skilled subordinates by example, demonstrating unparalleled integrity, courtesy, and commitment to work.
- Started as a floor tech, striping and waxing all hallways at the V.A hospital.
- After 3 weeks with the company, I was made Supervisor and still worked as floor Tech on the 3rd shift.
- From there my job was to ensure all my 35 employees, had all their supplies.
- Communicate with the client for specific tasks needed to be done.
- In 2003 led Work Flight 2 in the achievement of the highest standards in continuously improving profitability via team effort.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Develop and implement procedures for managing the quality of housekeeping and laundry services.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Demonstrated outstanding performance through a self-motivated initiative with consistently excellent quality results throughout the year.
- Supervise 8 floors, inventory, and manage 12 employees with 198 rooms.
- Supervise work activities of cleaning personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive rooms in hotels, hospitals, educational institutions, and similar establishments.
- Assign duties, inspect work, investigate complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment and take corrective action.
- Earned outstanding efficiency award; effectively established new initiatives which led to increased revenues and net profits.
- Supervised, trained, and motivated assigned cleaning staff of five employees by overseeing the daily cleaning duties at an assisted living community.
- Train new employees on cleanliness standards and job expectations.
- Inspect all clean rooms and ensure all rooms meet our standards.
- Assist with ensuring all rooms are ready for new residents coming in.
- Assist with employee retention activities and ensure all employees have questions answered.
- Executed interior home furnishings and building maintenance; gained an appreciation for historic architecture and materials after restoring antique furniture, draperies, and textiles.
- Conducted periodic inspections and instructed staff on areas of improvement.
- Notified the management of any needed repairs such as leaky faucets/sinks, loose screws, or damaged tiles.
- Responsible for managing cleaning supplies and linen inventories by notifying the management when the cleaning supplies are low.
- Accomplished advanced preparation for graphic design projects by assembling samples for photoshoots, selecting props, determining make-up applications, and performing wardrobe styling.
- Preserved the health of seventeen residents; fulfilled responsibility as the first responder in emergency situations such as falls or choking.
- Organize, supervise, and coordinate the work of housekeeping personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- To keep control in grooming standard staff assignment, draw up duty rosters, and supervise the discipline.
- Assure proper communication within the department by conducting regular meetings with all personnel.
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for cleaning and initiate new procedures to increase the efficiency of labor and product use.
- Managed and led a hotel housekeeping staff of 20 people; increased staff by 10%.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and at whatever time of day.
- Supervise daily operations in maintenance and sanitation of the guestrooms, public areas, and meeting spaces.
- Prepare and adjust weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Supervised day-to-day operations of a hotel housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Responsible for vacuuming and shampooing of carpets with Out Vac in the facility.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility: mopping, sweeping, dusting, cleaning of windows.
- Separate recyclables, disperse in the compactor and maintain mechanics of compactor to assure machinery is working appropriately.
- Assist with additional cleaning services when instructed by management.
- Increased staff productivity by 12% in the first six months and 25% overall while cutting costs by 15% in the first year.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.