IT Freelancers work for various long-term or short-term clients. Depending on the freelancer’s skills and the clients’ needs, IT work may include processing client and vendor files, providing desktop and application support, managing hosted desktops, troubleshooting network issues, providing on-site hardware repair, and communicating with customers.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance IT Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance IT resumes for your reference.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 1
- Successfully implemented a new computer system designed for a company that had been plagued by technical difficulties.
- Organized, installed, and supported a website for an international company.
- Designed and created multiple websites from concept to completion for several small businesses.
- Developed an e-commerce system for a small business to reduce the time needed to process credit card payments and reduce costs for the business owner.
- Initiated and implemented numerous upgrades and enhancements to basic computer systems that benefited multiple businesses in the region; maintained current certification as a Microsoft certified IT programmer.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 2
- Assessed client IT needs, recommended hardware and software purchases, and trained client employees in use of new equipment.
- Researched, analyzed, and programmed PC operating systems for clients including Windows XP/7, Mac OSX Leopard/Snow Leopard, Linux Ubuntu.
- Installed network configuration hardware and software used by employees in a variety of industries.
- Supervised placement of routers in topology topologies for optimal performance in a data center environment.
- Conducted a review of current IT infrastructure to determine changes in efficiency or optimization that could be made with existing hardware and software.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 3
- Successfully solved technical problems concerning software installations, upgrades, and security patches for multiple government agencies, including the State Department.
- Met deadlines for weekly projects by successfully working long hours during evening shifts.
- Recognized for outstanding project management through completion of three projects simultaneously without disrupting existing services.
- Developed new methods to manage customer satisfaction that drastically reduced complaints from 10% to 2%.
- Received referral bonus for referring a freelance contractor who maintained financial records for over 120 clients.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 4
- Created systems for managing multiple websites and multimedia projects.
- Worked for a consulting company with a company in Orlando, Florida, producing marketing and technical projects including the integration of marketing technologies with programming practices.
- Collaborated with a designer to design and implement state-of-the-art information systems. This system eventually expanded to over twelve employees keeping them from having to spend time maintaining their own individual computers.
- Achieved Webmaster of the Year award by AAJ – Association of American Jewish Journalists project, an editorial content management system designed specifically for news organizations. Currently is a member of Webmaster World Forums helping other webmasters achieve success in their own ventures.
- Successfully implemented first fully functioning Wikipedia Cluster on the Wikimedia Foundation cluster of servers. Currently serves as the administrator of Wikipedia Cluster.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 5
- Met the requirements for reseller status, handling customer relations, order entry, product delivery, and service calls.
- Responsible for developing client’s computer network infrastructure after identifying potential issues that affected the quality of services rendered.
- Coordinated with the client’s office manager to schedule technical support services for all client locations.
- Resolved client technical issues after conducting troubleshooting sessions via telephone and e-mail.
- Managed project coordination among client’s employees as well as subcontractors on a nationwide basis.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 6
- Delivered world class documentation, implementation, consulting, and support to clients. Aggressively sought out detailed technical solutions to complex issues.
- Received numerous recognition for innovative design and implementation under tight deadlines, including awards from the President of the USA for “fastest growing company in the world” and “best place to work”.
- Inspired technical talents on team projects to achieve results beyond expectations on time frame. Trained technology professionals on best practices for delivering project outcomes with accuracy, efficiency, and responsibility.
- Transformed an ineffective system into a reliable one by restructuring processes with highly detailed specifications of state-of-the-art methods that accelerated employee productivity by 100%.
- Established long-term partnerships with clients by executing projects on schedule and exceeding expectations.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 7
- Conceived, planned, and implemented an enterprise-wide server update strategy to incorporate new hardware, upgrade operating systems, migrate database schemas and functions, reconfigure permissions and security settings, and convert applications to be compatible with the new environment.
- Installed a network-based security system that alerts key executives of unauthorized access attempts from the Internet. Monitored access from within the corporation as well as from across the globe through a centralized database.
- Trained a team of help desk technicians in a code review process designed to strengthen application design standards for databases and applications.
- Researched possible solutions for address book synchronization between handheld devices and desktop software.
- Designed and implemented a user interface for controlling, monitoring, and managing the output of multi-cluster servers.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 8
- Troubleshot and repaired security-associated problems for local small businesses.
- Configured custom, lower cost customer networks for businesses that needed upgrades to conform to federal regulations.
- Designed an enterprise server network that provided e-mail services for a local health care facility.
- Created a dedicated website for a local civic association to promote citizen activities in the area.
- Designed webpages, created video clips, and uploaded multimedia presentation material for an international company’s website launch.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 9
- Crowd sourced information to clients via social networking sites, blogs, and forums.
- Managed websites for over 1 million visitors per month.
- Researched dozens of Internet technologies including encryption, remote server administration, and virtualization to support various applications.
- Realized potential business relationships through networking with colleagues in the field, developing expertise in web design through hands-on site configuration.
- Realized potential opportunities for supplemental income by earning royalties from IT consulting services provided to customers.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 10
- Produced and implemented systems and applications for telecommunications and information technology companies.
- Programmed implementation of an emerging 3rd-party secure portal system to include identity verification, message interception, and tracking of payment transactions.
- Designed implementation of a three-tiered network security platform with multiple unique security layers to be incorporated into the company’s business protocols.
- Researched and developed implementation plans for upgrades to Microsoft Exchange for secure communications between primary and secondary servers.
- Promoted the purchase of servers for large-scale implementation of existing business data systems; introduced new encryption technologies to protect confidential data.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 11
- Performed proactive, reactive, and preventive maintenance on company owned equipment.
- Diagnosed broken hardware and drafter replacement parts that were purchased via PO’s/Vouchers/Receipts.
- Set up equipment for new employees or clients.
- Linked computers to printers, scanners, copiers, fax machines, wireless routers/access points etc. installed operating system updates on desktops.
- Replaced malfunctioning hardware which was purchased via PO’s/Vouchers/Receipts or vendor contract pricing policies.
Freelance IT Resume Sample 12
- Installed and maintained computers and software for businesses, professionals, and non-profit organizations, including:
- Managed all aspects of PC ownership and management for a business network.
- Created a Database Management System with automated email forms to manage employee information.
- Developed web pages as a means to provide small businesses with marketing tools.
- Inspected problems from modem communications to network server from the initial telephone call through the completion of repairs.
To work as an IT Freelancer, you must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. or a higher qualification and at least two years’ experience in the given field. You must keep track of your work hours, demonstrate knowledge of various hardware, basic networking, and software such as Office 365 or Java, the ability to troubleshoot with speed and efficiency, teamwork and customer service skills, organization, time management, and the ability to adapt to a range of tasks.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.