Fitness Consultants support clients in accomplishing their goals. Their responsibilities include watching clients exercise, demonstrating various exercises to clients, monitoring clients’ progression, enforcing safety rules, advising clients about exercise equipment, and providing clients appropriate exercises for their fitness level.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Fitness Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Fitness Consultant resumes for your reference.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Designed, ran, and sold monthly fantasy fitness training programs to more than 30 people of varied fitness levels.
- Created weight loss plans that included cardiovascular training, body strengthening exercises, nutrition education, and nutritional counseling that drew many new clients.
- Received award for design for weight loss plans – encouraging participation in outdoor exercise under the supervision of a licensed trainer.
- Developed strength training programs utilizing one-on-one instruction of calories burned during individual sessions.
- Maintained clientele of new client referrals of friends, family members, co-workers and spouses throughout my three-year tenure with the company.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Created, implemented, and maintained a highly-successful private home fitness program.
- Accomplished a join/leave success rate of 95% because of consistent sessions with a few clients.
- Consistently achieved weekly developmental progress with clients that included everyone from teenagers to senior citizens.
- Served the needs of individual clients by offering personal attention and flexibility throughout their program.
- Informed will-be clients about personal fitness benefits through literature and inquiries conducted at local convenience stores.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Transformed unhealthy, obese senior citizens into fully functioning, healthy, and fit individuals by creating customized meal plans based on the American Heart Association’s diet guidelines.
- Designed six-week exercise program for the elderly by using the principles of strength training to increase muscle mass and flexibility.
- Educated clients on nutrition facts through seminars conducted for health care workers treating individuals who are at risk for cardiovascular disease.
- Motivated elderly clients in achieving their personal goals by engaging them in fun activities, such as mah-jongg games, bingo competitions, and cooking lessons.
- Provided fitness instruction to seniors by organizing group exercises to increase their cardiovascular endurance.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Displayed leadership in health and wellness movement among women of all ages, sizes, and fitness levels.
- Challenged others to achieve personal goals through Fitness Boot Camps, Group Lessons, Personal Training for weight loss, muscle toning sessions with Vitamin Infusion Therapy.
- Recognized by the Commissioner of the City School Department for my outstanding volunteer work in helping to develop a positive lifestyle change in children’s eating habits with fun nutritional games.
- Discovered hidden potential for fitness for weight loss, muscle toning, and overall health; assisted with food program for inner city children.
- Received award from City Council Member for excellence in developing a model program to help better the lives of underprivileged children through fitness and nutrition education.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Designed training programs to improve the physical performance of professional baseball players, including one player who gained thirty pounds of lean body mass.
- Increased lean body mass by thirteen pounds in six weeks through one-on-one nutritional consultation and resistance training for an amateur bodybuilder preparing to compete in the Arnold Classic.
- Advised students on proper nutritional timing, amount, and type for increased stamina, strength, and weight loss through individualized plans at a large university’s recreational center.
- Trained UFC fighters with improved endurance, coordination, flexibility, speed, balance, power development, accuracy, and aggressiveness.
- Gained ten pounds of lean body weight through proper exercise and nutrition in one month; reached personal record for bench press; achieved a UFC-standard KO ratio.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Designed and organized training programs for individuals, families, businessmen/women, and women resulting in measurable performance increases of 5% to 30%.
- Actively worked with families to achieve health goals; saw an increase in personal business revenue by more than $10,000 after designing fitness programs for employees.
- Increased the number of participant-attendees at consecutive weekend retreats for women from 24 to 35 after altering the workshop’s focus to fitness.
- Trained individuals with limited health backgrounds; saw an increase in company revenue of 6% due to an unexpected uptick in sales after implementing a physical training program for new hires.
- Recognized for outstanding leadership ability after completely designing new employee fitness program with only a basic knowledge of human anatomy.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Assisted 350 children from grades 1-5 in losing over a combined 1,000 pounds.
- Enhanced team spirit and interpersonal skills by coaching a high school cheerleading squad to the state championship competition.
- Certified as a personal trainer and successfully designed personalized exercise plans for all members of a neighborhood health club.
- Attained recognition as an athletic leader by organizing the fund-raising efforts for medical equipment for disabled children.
- Achieved certification as an aerobic instructor after completing additional classes at the Red Cross Institute of Advanced Fitness Training.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Founded Santa Fe Strength and Conditioning; created three-year business plan to expand business, which increased revenue by 200% in one year.
- Managed clienteles of 100 clients; provided comprehensive periodization periodized strength training, bodybuilding, and sports strengthening.
- Listed as consultant for the National Strength and Conditioning Association; wrote articles for American Journal of Sports Medicine.
- Gained experience leading team of five coaches training 12 Division 1A athletes at an Olympic Training Center.
- Received certification through the American College of Sports Medicine; demonstrated human growth hormone detection methodology to Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Created fitness programs based on results imperative, which include physical fitness, mental health, and personal fitness.
- Set fitness goals by evaluating trends to create new workout routines.
- Collaborated with trainers at local gyms to instruct clients in nutrition and weight training techniques.
- Reviewed body fat scales, fat burners, treadmills, various toners for tanning beds; evaluated nutritional supplements; provided guidance on meal planning and cooking methods.
- Helped establish new gyms after working as member of executive leadership team for over 15 years during the initial planning stages of three new facilities.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Advocated and directed health and wellness group exercise classes.
- Administered health and wellness lessons at various organizations.
- Coached women over their fears of commitment, strength, and endurance during two years of teaching.
- Prepared fitness programs for television industry celebrities such as Anita Bryant, Pamela Sue Martin, and others.
- Administered physical exams to professionals such as physicians, nurses, lawyers, military personnel.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Developed a fitness program for some 400 employees at a major resort/casino.
- Collected and analyzed hundreds of individual results from some 1,000 participants from numerous employees as well as over 200 employees as a part of the resort’s “build-a-special” program.
- Developed training programs for fitness instructors at this resort, including weight-loss training and the reorganization of an existing fitness center.
- Successfully carried out annual activities that included selling memberships, scheduling classes, designing equipment layouts, and maintaining the fitness programs throughout the entire facility.
- Exercised my leadership abilities by positively leading, mentoring, and motivating over 200 associates through my fitness programming methods.
Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Guided, motivated, and instructed over 100 men, women, and children to improve health, self-confidence, and motivation through nutrition, exercise, martial arts training.
- Introduced new concepts for weight loss using long walks to burn off calories.
- Identified individual needs before designing custom fitness plans for optimized workout sessions.
- Offered private fitness instruction for new clients on posture exercises to improve balance and stability.
- Increased sales revenue by 22% by offering interactive seminars on the benefits of exercise on total body conditioning.
To work as a Fitness Consultant, education requirements vary. However, an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Health, Fitness, or equivalent is required. Certification requirements vary from each facility, but most prefer to hire certified Fitness Consultants. To succeed as a Fitness Consultant, one must have good communication skills, interpersonal skills, time management, decision-making, logical thinking, leadership, and flexibility
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Fitness Consultant Resume Samples
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Fitness Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up