Environmental Geologists conduct geological field studies and analyze data. Their duties include creating geologic maps with geographic information systems (GIS), researching geological conditions and potential environmental hazards, assessing the geological safety of a location, suggesting best practices for reducing the geological risk or restoring contaminated sites, and evaluating any environmental effects of proposed projects or development.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Environmental Geologist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Environmental Geologist resumes for your reference.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 1
- Maintained and calibrated geophysical instruments; performed tests.
- Assisted in designing survey test plans and data collection and reduction.
- Co-authored several scientific papers and journal articles on the analysis of seismic reflection profiles and stratigraphic horizons.
- Participated in two environmental impact assessments, one hydraulic modeling study, one study of abandoned mine lands reclamation design criteria, and an energy facility site permit evaluation as a member of the technical team working for consulting engineering company.
- Presented research findings to state legislators regarding water quality protections at the state capital buildings.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 2
- Conducted research for international project that measured the age of several stratigraphic units in Germany.
- Organized and processed geologic data collected at 36 test pit locations over four months, using GIS to develop maps depicting soil depth variations.
- Wrote technical reports on geochemistry and mineralogy; presented results at national conferences.
- Created database for chemical analyses of soil samples; analyzed geochemical data to assess correlations among trace elements, lithology, and vegetation.
- Obtained National Science Foundation grant to conduct dissertation fieldwork investigating relationships between chemical weathering factors and groundwater pH; obtained three other external grants for related research.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 3
- Led ground-water hydrologic investigations for private development projects.
- Carried out complex tasks related to environmental regulations, hazardous waste management plans; coordinated with engineers, developers, and environmental consultants.
- Identified beneficial use of mine-rock fill as a geologic barrier for the proposed landfill project .
- Verified compliance with all applicable regulations as part of site assessment at a large new construction project using topographical map data and aerial photos was able to spot potential problems on site before they were discovered by employees on the ground.
- Gathered soil samples from offsite locations in order to determine water quality moving towards a Superfund Site Former Chemical Plant Supervisor recognized my leadership skills.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 4
- Accomplished a variety of functions to support environmental engineering projects including site assessments, permitting, and environmental compliance.
- Effectively employed an array of tools toward solving complex geologic issues to support mining sites through remediation process.
- Recognized as a reliable team player who quickly adapts to new tasks and learns quickly from precedents set by experienced members of the staff.
- Recognized for exemplary efforts after submitting quality work that allowed the completion of final project report within deadline despite several delays from weather conditions during field research.
- Tirelessly advocated for sustainable redevelopment initiatives within small community; facilitated extensive outreach services for schools, government agencies, non-profits organizations, industry professionals, and public forums.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 5
- Conducted weekly sedimentary and stratigraphic laboratory analysis of core samples from unlined coal ash pond areas.
- Rewrote report for client to be used as a basis for presentation at EPA hearing; professionally presented findings to United States Senate committee staff.
- Identified land use changes through the use of geologic maps and aerial photographs; identified several potential, new uranium mining sites in Florida with two co-workers.
- Integrated soil and water conservation plans with comprehensive plan by incorporating elements into ordinance language.
- Successfully coordinated ground water sampling event by representing USGS interests, resolving organizational problems, and maintaining positive rapport within the team.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 6
- Planned and conducted environmental site investigations at over 100 petroleum industry locations in six different states.
- Authored numerous technical papers and reports regarding economic geology, field development studies, reservoir characterization studies, environmental media evaluations, and remediation; presented to the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
- Pioneered three new technologies to assist oil producers with proper accounting for produced water disposal including a patented software program to assist with accurate flowback calculations.
- Accurately interpreted complex geological data in order to devise effective remediation strategies; effectively communicated solutions in written reports for inclusion into official project records and final determinations.
- Received best paper award at the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Annual Meeting.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 7
- Led a team of geologists in the successful reclamation of a brownfield site.
- Authored over 50 publications and reports on remediation and natural resource damage assessment, including 20+ peer-reviewed technical papers.
- Won $10,000 grant for work with small businesses to develop environmental projects that will reduce energy use and pollution in their communities.
- Delivered presentations at international conferences promoting the importance of urban forest research.
- Increased awareness about nature conservation by achieving status as an Outstanding Geoscience Communicator from the American Geosciences Institute.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 8
- Organized teams of four interns to conduct field sampling, perform laboratory analysis, and report findings for oil spills in freshwater environments.
- Spearheaded development of new methods for semi-quantitative assessment of microbially mediated biodegradation rates. Developed statistical models to predict environmental outcomes at contaminated sites.
- Developed original methodologies for evaluating potential geochemical reactions during hazardous waste disposal operations.
- Contributed technical expertise at national meetings on topics including landfill geochemistry, mercury contamination, site remediation using thermal desorption/fluidized bed technologies, and alternative energy harvesting from methane emissions generated by decomposing organic compounds in landfills.
- Devised techniques for extracting and analyzing metals from core samples in difficult matrices such as fly ash, sediment, and even animal feces.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 9
- Conducted groundwater and environmental investigations of human and natural systems.
- Prepared research proposals for funding agencies such as the EPA, NOAA, USGS, and DOD.
- Provided technical reports that effectively communicated findings to a range of federal agency personnel at monthly meetings.
- Introduced new methods using satellite imagery to identify potential unexploded ordnance sites in Croatia.
- Achieved outstanding performance review by achieving high standards set by supervisors for data collection, interpretation of results, writing skills, and communication skills needed to be an effective team member across disciplines.
Environmental Geologist Resume Sample 10
- Participated in the environmental remediation of the canal.
- Determined the risk status of a gas station and gasoline storage tanks for state sponsored subsidy program.
- Volunteered to take on additional project when needed, such as updating hazardous waste regulations in New York State.
- Identified several threat areas and possible sources in and around New York City in pollution research study.
- Assisted with cleanup efforts at a former manufactured gas plant site by evaluating work completed and presenting recommendations to stakeholders, including federal and state regulatory agencies, EPA, city officials, community groups, industry representatives, elected officials, contractors representing many Fortune 500 companies.
To work as an Environmental Geologist, you need at least a Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Soil Science, or a closely related field and proven experience with lab procedures, fieldwork, and collecting samples. Environmental Geologists should demonstrate strong research and analytical abilities, organization and problem-solving skills, meticulous attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a working knowledge of relevant software.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.