A construction estimator is responsible for assessing the cost of construction projects. Their responsibilities include traveling to construction sites, researching construction projects, working with engineers and contractors, identifying cost factors, making recommendations, and reporting on their findings.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Construction Estimator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Construction Estimator resumes for your reference.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 1
- Made recommendations for changes in the design and construction of multi-media software specifications.
- Established relationships with manufacturers and consultants in order to deliver project cost estimates on time.
- Furnished technical backup for sales representatives when needed.
- Managed assigned projects by identifying, coordinating, and supervising work effort.
- Effectively communicated with multiple representatives of developers, architects, contractors and other consultants by facilitating detailed discussions and meeting schedules.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 2
- Trained, advised, and guided a team of estimators and project managers based in the state of Washington to achieve project completion.
- Performed site inspections, coordinated work between contractors, and contributed to all aspects of project management objectives.
- Evaluated a portfolio of residential and commercial properties in the state of Washington and provided value oriented construction recommendations to property owners.
- Gained experience as a general contractor estimator and consultant with over 350 projects in 45 cities during the last 7 years; assisted clients with achieving total project cost goals, time, and quality objectives.
- Increased client retention by improving customer satisfaction through exceptional customer service and dedication to their projects.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 3
- Established a reputation for completing projects within the time and budget allotted.
- Developed an exceptional knowledge of construction industry, including building codes, environment, mechanical systems, techniques for inspections and cost estimating.
- Original author of a site plan approval application submitted statewide for incorporation into the State Building Code; obtained licensing from the National Association of Inspectors General (NAIG) to conduct code compliance testing.
- Compiled national database on building construction by conducting market research and consulting local government leaders on best practices.
- Achieved certification as a Construction & HVAC Estimator by the International Association of Certified Facilities Professionals; successfully presented to client company executives.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 4
- Met project deadlines, client satisfaction goals, and company standards in an environment with daily time constraints.
- Directed activities of contractors by presenting proposals for costs of work and planning of project completion.
- Improved productivity by creating a standard unit cost for estimate calculations resulting in faster bid turnaround.
- Earned (company) praise for process improvement ideas that saved the company money.
- Increased productivity by 20% using MS Excel; recognized as a proficient estimator by (company).
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 5
- Established the construction department’s estimate-to-cost accuracy rating at 100% by working with supervisors.
- Launched the Finishing Group, enhancing project detail and accuracy; saved the company 5% or $350K in overhead as compared to other groups due to its increased productivity.
- Improved internal communication and established workflows between sales, estimating, and construction departments; resulted in a 15% increase in general business.
- Designed cost analysis reporting system; increased access of cost data from a two-week process to a two-hour process for management and subcontractors.
- Improved cooperation between estimators, customers, and other subcontractors.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 6
- Established a good rapport with construction companies by presenting the best estimate possible for contractors bidding on large government projects.
- Partner with some of the largest real estate companies in technological implementation of cost saving systems for their clients.
- Delivered high-quality services superior to industry standards; achieved 96% project delivery rate and 90% client retention.
- Adopted new management techniques that resulted in an 80% reduction in time to complete projects, while increasing quality and productivity.
- Won a project delivery review by earning top rating on the project milestone log and a 97% client retention rating.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 7
- Estimated costs for constructing homes and buildings by using workers, equipment, and construction materials; apportioned labor and overhead.
- Established estimates for completing new building construction; outlined property rights and environmental concerns.
- Developed a computer program to assist in estimating individual projects; expanded knowledge of computer programming.
- Organized cost control data for an eight-person construction crew; aided in the preparation of reports as requested by management.
- Accepted leadership role in development of a computerized accounting system from concept through completion without error in data entry or program creation.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 8
- Estimated construction costs for free standing restaurants and attached retail stores, ranging from $2 million to $11 million.
- Created plans to improve project efficiency and reduce costs.
- Created a proposal for land development to be integrated with the construction of a multi-tenant building.
- Built project management software to track assets and expenses, coordinate with architects, engineers, and contractors, and secure occupancy of facilities.
- Established relationships with customers through the use of “partnership” contracts for business development and customer satisfaction.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 9
- Forecasted costs for construction projects and delivered clear, concise reports on the scope of work, timeframes, and financial performance.
- Advised clients and company management on the significance of changes in a product’s design or structure to the cost of production.
- Researched alternatives to increase efficiency of building designs without compromising performance standards.
- Recognized by customers for outstanding service; increased sales through customer referrals based on quality of work performed.
- Awarded discount by clients for substantial cost savings; received thank you letters and calls from customers.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 10
- Used software programs to compile, categorize, and total cost estimation for all construction projects.
- Peer-reviewed schedules of labor and material to ensure accuracy in construction bid packages.
- Presented cost estimates on bids to obtain prime contracts.
- Ranked fourth in the nation for estimating accuracy; awarded company’s Employee of the Year Award for 1995.
- Recognized as cost-effective administrator in Contractor/Accountant relations; conducted negotiations and generated proposals that ensured budget compliance or profit margins.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 11
- Implemented new and existing software solutions to produce accurate, timely, and beneficial data utilized for determining price, materials, and labor costs.
- Maintained current information about suppliers in the construction industry, making sure that their pricing was competitive with national competition.
- Commented on project plans and specifications from clients to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Accurately estimated the cost of labor for a large construction job; performed full workload for over three months with no complaints from clients.
- Provided an accurate estimate for a trade subcontractor’s bid to ensure that the project goals were not compromised.
Construction Estimator Resume Sample 12
- Established clear lines of communication with customers, contractors, and other subcontractors to ensure all parties were aware of the scope of work in order to manage costs.
- Developed computer programs to provide a fast and efficient means of estimating material and labor costs.
- Negotiated contracts with various subcontractors to ensure that construction projects were completed within budget and on time.
- Managed project costs based on billable hours, clearly defined product specifications, fixed price contracts, or competitive bids.
- Received certification on a new programming system to effectively calculate construction costs.
In order to be a construction estimator, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and experience in construction. Construction estimators need to have financial expertise, technical knowledge, the ability to read and interpret blueprints, mathematical skills, communication skills, analytical skills and a strong attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.