Business Teachers are tasked with instructing students on the fundamentals of business and finance. Their duties include providing students with knowledge of business, creating lesson plans, teaching students the basics of economics, monitoring students’ progress, maintaining student records for grading, and providing tutoring sessions when necessary.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Business Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Business Teacher resumes for your reference.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Enhanced business education curriculum; conducted business workshops.
- Designed and implemented journal writing exercises that increased student performance on statistics and applications tests.
- Developed special projects to promote creative thinking, problem-solving, analytical reasoning, teamwork, and leadership skills in the classroom.
- Led Team-Up Challenge; a challenge to match students’ writing projects with business professionals who helped students level up their writing skills thereby increasing their self-confidence in expressing themselves effectively.
- Oversaw junior high after-school tutoring program for three years; tutored students using the same techniques used in the classroom setting.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Assisted new teachers with reading, writing, and mathematics as needed.
- Used knowledge gained through my teacher education courses to teach reading and writing to grades one through four.
- Received a generous teaching award from students for remarkable work in the classroom.
- Found alternative ways to teach children who were considered slow learners.
- Mentored new teachers as part of the Mentor Teacher Program; created curriculum for inclusion students who were at risk of dropping out of school.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Helped students maintain high attendance at school; motivated students to stay up-to-date on their course work.
- Accomplished assignment at all levels of the system; effectively interacted with parents, teachers, and other educators.
- Emphasized importance of character-building qualities such as honesty, integrity, and accountability.
- Achieved excellent rating on the student survey; carefully evaluated student’s progress toward achieving goals.
- Trained students in specific areas of education including social skills, study habits, money management, and career development. Using a parent-teacher conference as a forum to explain these topics to parents.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Requested and received in excess of $10,000 for data collection, maintenance, and dissemination equipment for the Department.
- Received recognition for introducing the use of laptop computers in classroom instruction at the elementary level.
- Developed and implemented an award-winning extra-curricular program that eliminated summer learning loss from children at risk.
- Recognized as a leader who introduced new approaches to effectively address reading difficulties among poor minority students.
- Awarded a peer teaching award based on demonstrated outstanding instructional skills in the classroom.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Comfortable with technology; assisted students in preparing for and executing job searches through email, social media, and voice mail.
- Prepared students to succeed in an increasingly global marketplace; instructed students on how to leverage a variety of resources such as travel, work experience, and distance learning to meet career goals.
- Recognized by the Board of Education for exceptional work; selected as the top employee in my district in the State of California. and education in a globalized world.
- Assisted struggling students to explore new career options by recommending books, career programs, and coaching assistance through her network of contacts at the university’s college or human resources department.
- Encouraged students to develop professionally while they were still enrolled in school through internships and service learning.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Taught a business class of 40 students; trained and educated them on the fundamentals of business management and finance.
- Created a company; established guidelines for managing business operations on time, within budget, and in compliance with state regulations (including teacher’s insurance).
- Established a corporate presence by establishing an office as well as opening an account with a bank.
- Fostered relationships with local businesses in order to help them expand their market share.
- Developed successful relationships with local businesses which resulted in new customers, more clients, and more work for the school.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Certified as a teacher (all levels) through the North Carolina State Board of Teacher Examiners.
- Selected for “Teacher of the Year” in 1996 by his school principal for outstanding contributions to student growth, including mentoring and identifying student needs.
- Responsible for introducing business concepts to elementary and middle school students.
- Taught algebra I, geometry, prealgebra, basic economic concepts, and advanced financial concepts.
- Created two computers labs at his school.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Developed new curriculum for weekly business class. Instructed three sections of students for a total of 30 hours per week. Developed lesson plans, organized work, and exam schedules; wrote evaluation forms, and helped to create study guides.
- Organized teacher workshops; created and taught a workshop on managing time, developing lesson plans, selecting reading material, and testing which provided tremendous insight into teaching techniques and how to best prepare students for standardized tests.
- Coordinated home school projects with the El Paso Independent School District (EPISD). Designed lesson plans and helped teachers incorporate technology as well as reach out to parents through newsletters, discussions, and other appropriate means.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in the classroom; as a leader, was an inspiration to students with exceptional leadership skills and enthusiasm.
- Received award for teaching excellence; implemented an interactive teaching style, where the students were actively involved in the learning process.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 9
- As a classroom teacher, I did many of the following: taught students how to write and present a research paper; improve and fine-tune their focus for mid-term exams, and encourage them to work in groups for homework.
- I also held several department chair positions, including chair for technology, language arts, and physical education.
- I worked with students on behavioral issues such as conflict with peers, inappropriate comments in class.
- I trained teachers on how to achieve better learning outcomes and incorporate technology into their lessons.
- Netted awards for excellence in teaching; successfully led classes that prepared students for college life after graduation or military service.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Delivered lectures with a clear, concise tone; met highest standards expectations.
- Accounted for expenses; effectively maintained a clean and organized office.
- Analyzed data of student performance on daily basis and made appropriate recommendations to improve results. Contributed to the improvement of students’ skills in mathematics, reading, writing, and organizing.
- Implemented strategies to improve the academic achievement of students while managing their schedules as well as ensuring their transportation needs from point to point.
- Received outstanding quality award; successfully implemented a new computerized class management system for elementary school students with high expectations for academic achievement.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Awarded “Teacher of the Week” for my outstanding performance.
- Won several awards for mentor teacher with outstanding classroom management skills; tailored lesson plans for unique needs of students.
- Received recognition as a ‘Certificate of Excellence’ honoree; demonstrated mastery of successful business school practices.
- Achieved status as Outstanding Educator; received recognition throughout the school district and state for consistently maintaining high standards.
- Awarded “Teacher of the Year”; recognized by administrators and peers as an exceptional educator who consistently performed above and beyond job duties.
Business Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Increased enrollment by 8% while maintaining a “highly effective” rating as required by the school district.
- Improved class performance by 27% through student hands-on learning exercises related to business.
- Reformed grading policy; established an online component for students to access grades and course information.
- Selected as a mentor for three interns participating in Apex High School program; provided positive feedback and encouragement for the business program’s newest teachers.
- Received award for coaching customer service; encouraged students to welcome customers with excellence.
To become a Business Teacher, you will need a bachelor’s degree in business administration or economics. The skills needed for this position are a strong knowledge of finance, strong communication skills, ability to motivate others, patience, time management skills, analytical skills, and organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Business Teacher Resume Samples
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Business Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up