A Computer Hardware Technician assists, maintains, and monitors a company’s computer systems. These technicians resolve network and connectivity issues, facilitate hardware acquisitions across multiple departments, configure software and drivers, generate reports on hardware performance, recommend install hardware equipment, perform system upgrades and repairs, troubleshoot errors and run diagnostic tests, as well as train staff for maintenance and repair of computer systems.
Computer Hardware Technicians hold at least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science or a related field, have related work experience, and are often professionally certified. Qualified technicians will possess knowledge of technical support and networking skills, familiarity with hardware architecture and various operating systems, technical knowledge of data storage and recovery, problem-solving and collaboration skills, strong communication skills, and excellent time and task management.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Computer Hardware Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Computer Hardware Technician resumes for your reference.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 1
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware equipment; advanced knowledge of operating systems, hardware interfaces, memory components, storage devices, keyboards, displays, printers.
- Updated manuals to reflect new products and product changes; proposed suggestions for organizational improvement in regards to computer systems.
- Technology trainer whom instructs employees on how to use standard software applications. Collaborated with Human Resource professionals to create job-specific training modules.
- Provided technical support for over 1,000 employees across five locations – maintained a 98% customer satisfaction rating.
- Improved company productivity by 82% through the creation of technical documentation that offers step-by-step instructions on how to install or troubleshoot certain procedures.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 2
- Quickly, dexterously, and accurately replaced a faulty LCD screen in a laptop computer.
- Inventoried new computer parts inventory to meet customer needs while maintaining accurate records of all transactions.
- Diagnosed the problem behind random shutdowns with desktop computers; successfully resolved issue with hardware by replacing power supply unit.
- Aided customers in choosing the most comprehensive services for software installation and configuration by providing information on available products and prices.
- Circulated knowledge about new technological developments within the company by updating department personnel on current trends and changes.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 3
- Diagnosed faulty hardware equipment and performed software upgrades to resolve Internet connection issues for home users.
- Advised customers about computer efficiency and reliability issues after a diagnosis of hardware malfunctions.
- Reformatted hard drives, upgraded RAM, and applied Windows updates to multiple desktop computers in less time than the estimated time of completion.
- Prescribed master plan for 20 work stations in two building locations with remote support from HQ office.
- Suggested that company invest in renewable energy resources such as geothermal Heating/Cooling systems technology; recognized by management for commitment to corporate social responsibility.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 4
- Installed RAM in a Dell Optiplex 740 computer, added a wireless card and internal hard drive.
- Successfully troubleshot hundreds of cases involving faulty motherboards.
- Detailed the steps I took to solve the problem to my Supervisor; earned his appreciation for an excellent job well done.
- Wielded screwdrivers and diagnostic software with dexterity, fixing laptops’ malfunctioning keyboards and processors while keeping detailed records of repairs performed.
- Preserved thousands of dollars by recommending laptop replacement instead of complete overhauls which were often unnecessary.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 5
- Troubleshot and repaired PCs, Macs, printers, scanners, and other peripherals.
- Identified and resolved hardware installation issues for thousands of individual users.
- Conducted trainings on basic hardware usage to new users; received positive feedback from students during exit evaluations.
- Recruited as a technical consultant for IT recruiting firm that specializes in placing computer professionals into job openings across the nation.
- Simplified complex concepts through accessible explanations and engaging demonstrations to facilitate understanding of topics related to hardware operations.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 6
- Provided support services to over 5000 employees and students of a university campus; assisted with equipment installation, maintenance and repair.
- Achieved highest performance rating given for Level II Technical Support; maintained 100% first call resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Implemented ten new procedures for hardware inventory control and organization, resulting in an 80% increase of on-time delivery of spare parts.
- Conducted daily inspections on computers, peripherals, printers, workstations, network devices such as hubs and routers as well as all telephones to ensure compliance with five different security standards.
- Detected errors in software/firmware that could potentially lead to loss of data or the computer not booting up properly.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 7
- Installed monitors for 13 users, including the senior staff in the office.
- Reconditioned 30 computers returned from end-of-lease agreements that were in poor working condition or had minor glitches.
- Coordinated with Service Desk to prioritize hardware service requests and resolved technical issues through diagnostics and software repair.
- Recognized by company leaders for excellence in customer service skills, dedication to teamwork, ability to multitask under pressure, punctuality, dependability, time management skills; awarded employee of month honor three months consecutively.
- Received award for fastest fix record among technicians; recognized as one of the most productive employees during an international convention attended by engineers from around the world.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 8
- Troubleshot and repaired over 100 data processing units, housed in third party racks.
- Fixed defective memory boards quickly by ignoring standard operating procedures; prior to commencing, identified the part in question instead of ruling out sections of the module.
- Restored damaged motherboards through refurbishment procedures at a cost much lower than replacement; increased sales after customer saw price point which confirmed value proposition.
- Shipped 120 kits without defect by using new box design with pull-out plastic compartments; recognized by Director for fast turnaround time on projects.
- Secured approval from management to purchase notebook computer for use in field repairs; effective communication won agreement after technical representative showed difficulty fielding service calls while using an outdated notebook.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 9
- Troubleshoot and repair PCs, notebooks, printers, scanners.
- Resolved customer complaints about Internet service providers by reconfiguring cable connections.
- Advised customers on configuration of their computer networks.
- In all situations give the utmost importance to customer satisfaction by providing a high level of technical expertise with a friendly attitude.
- Prevailed over challenges that might threatens project deadlines or even people’s jobs by successfully correcting all problems to everyone’s satisfaction.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 10
- Diagnosed and repaired numerous computer hardware issues in a timely manner while utilizing company resources to accomplish job tasks.
- Maintained workplace safety by completing proper toolbox procedures before, during, and after every shift.
- Completed a thorough appraisal of a new client’s existing server room, highlighting risks and recommending corrective action.
- Scheduled preventative maintenance on an average of 300 workstations per month while accurately recording service requests for each device.
- Uniformly recognized as the top performer for exhibiting strong attention to detail on every project completed.
Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 11
- Advanced abilities as a hardware technician through working with computer models from Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Gateway, and IBM.
- Troubleshoot service calls for customers on a daily basis including printer issues, software problems, internet connectivity problems, virus removal and more.
- Implemented new technologies for increased system speed and performance by replacing older components with newer ones.
- Installed networks at multiple offices to share printers and files between computers on a networked scale.
- Solved customer’s problems expediently resulting in increasing the Customer Satisfaction Index by 10%.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Computer Hardware Technician Resume Samples
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 1
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 2
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 3
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 4
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 5
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 6
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 7
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 8
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 9
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 10
- Computer Hardware Technician Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up