A corporate chef tends to ensure a quality dining experience for patrons at a restaurant. A corporate chef’s duties include hiring staff, training staff, supervising staff, developing menus, promoting menu items, and pricing menu items.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Corporate Chef Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Corporate Chef resumes for your reference.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 1
- Researched culinary concepts that would be successful in various markets.
- Designed menus to fit customers’ requirements and budget; crafted unique vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
- Recognized for outstanding performance by the Regional Manager; received award for most efficient in organization.
- Used creativity in preparing recipes to accommodate personal diet restrictions of customers.
- Recognized by the Chef Instructor as having exceptional food presentation; successfully mastered all menu items at an advanced level.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 2
- Personally trained 35 staff members to prepare menu items in accordance with the standards of franchiser.
- Assigned staff members to their positions based on customer familiarity, performance, and ability to perform in the assigned area for optimal return on investment.
- Developed a plan to increase profits by reducing printing expenses by 50% through the use of off-site printers.
- Planned, developed and implemented new recipes; earned award for completing product launch within one month.
- Increased revenue from product line launched by 56%.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 3
- Researched and obtained ingredients for a holiday party.
- Prepared meal for 200 people in less than two hours.
- Created dish with ingredients which required a special procedure to combine the ingredients without losing flavors.
- Met deadline for preparing the meal; used grilled fish, roasted potatoes, and fruit salad as the main dessert.
- Performed a task that assisted co-workers in their job duties including knowing how to follow cook steps, efficiently use tools and appliances, use recipes, prepare food products properly from start to finish, cook items correctly and within set time frame, and responsible for safety of equipment.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 4
- Received ‘Employee of the Month’ award from management for my contribution toward maintaining a positive relationship with our patients and their families.
- Recognized for my outstanding contributions to maintaining the highest standards of hygiene, sanitation, and employee satisfaction.
- Endorsed by Citizens’ Council, Food Service Department, and the Chief Executive Officer of Chicago Medical Center’s sister organization.
- Nominated along with group to represent food service department at National Conference on Institutional Food Services held in South Beach Miami.
- Awarded certificate of recognition (2 times) by senior executive chef for leading initiatives that made a positive impact on patient satisfaction, morale and turnover rates.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 5
- Successfully executed a $50,000 catering and event management project, which included planning and prepping food, tasting test preparations and managing the show itself.
- Developed innovative food concepts that provided variety in the menu.
- Executed an event in less than 24 hours, as well as prepared an ice sculpture after 2am with kitchen equipment still operating at 3am.
- Performed exceptional customer service; was able to diffuse any tense situations quickly through a fun, personable attitude.
- Received award for exceptional customer service; was able to provide accurate time estimates and manage several tasks simultaneously.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 6
- Created “Best Chili in Town” award winning recipe; all customers were satisfied with the recipe’s consistency and flavor.
- Elevated a Diner Food Service contract to a Superior level for Great A-1 Diner; recognized by Vice President for excellent contribution towards improving the rating.
- Received Award of Excellence from Vice President for more than one year of superior performance.
- Earned Award of Merit for achieving one month run rate of 95% first time orders (Leadership Excellence Program); recognized by Regional Vice President for exceptional leadership and outstanding quality performance.
- Received Award of Merit for achieving one month run rate of 96% first time orders (Leadership Excellence Program); recognized by Regional Vice President for outstanding leadership and excellent quality performance.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 7
- Created and prepared delicious recipes that brought great reviews from guests; convinced the owners to serve a special dessert for the anniversary of the restaurant.
- Sustainability measures included ‘food waste’ reduction, utilizing locally grown produce, purchase of fair trade coffee, and in-house brewing of organic beer. Reviewed employees’ community involvement on ‘green workplace.’
- Introduced new food items to increase customer satisfaction; updated menu to enhance current dishes.
- Received outstanding quality award; adhered to all safety/hygiene requirements. Maintained high level of productivity at all times while performing activities through proficiently completing tasks in lower stress environments of restaurants during busy hours.
- Received outstanding quality award; maintained high level of productivity at all times while using effective skills to remedy low efficiency situations by anticipating problems and solving issues.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 8
- Managed a staff of ten by scheduling, assigning, and training employees in food preparation, service, and sanitation; met the goals of the Food Director for greater than two years.
- Met monthly financial goals for a P.R. company; obtained an increase in revenue from food and beverage sales during difficult economic times by 25 percent from first year to second year.
- Selected as “Employee of the Quarter” for outstanding customer service during an awards ceremony hosted by the District Manager; increased sales on product line three percent by implementing solid marketing campaigns with customers based on feedback obtained from surveys and focus groups.
- Achieved a productivity award for serving more than 1,000 guests at a seminar for Certified Financial Planners; met schedules and quotas set by the Operations Manager by consistently achieving goals and objectives.
- Accomplished increase in profits from first year to second year as an assistant manager of a caterer; achieved exceptional results while working in fast-paced environment based on customer satisfaction, sales revenue, and profit margins.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 9
- Prepared and supervised meal preparation for inn guests, to include daily specials and dinner for over 80 guests.
- Ensured food safety standards; enforced the use of personal protective equipment and adhered to occupational health guidelines in the kitchen.
- Successfully supervised all kitchen staff, ensuring that meals were ready on time for the day’s customers.
- Recognized as a team player; prepared a three-course dinner in under one hour while coordinating with an assistant chef to prepare a four-course dinner in under one hour and fifteen minutes with zero occurrences of food contamination.
- Prepared ingredients and oversaw meal preparation to ensure that guests were delighted with their experience at the inn.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 10
- Created recipes for successful food products, including French onion soup and seafood quiche.
- Spent two years in the Banquet Kitchen of a large hotel; took responsibility for a large banquet of 2,000 people.
- Selected to handle local catering orders from hotels; managed orders from the President’s Suite restaurant.
- Managed the club kitchen of a private club, which included creating new menus and ordering supplies.
- Worked as the head chef for a private catering firm; organized team of five cooks in serving poultry, seafood and vegetarian dishes.
Corporate Chef Resume Sample 11
- Created a new menu item; achieved award for innovative cuisine.
- Utilized cooking techniques to prepare multiple dishes in a short time frame.
- Created a variety of entrees from fish, beef, and chicken; successfully served the highest quality food to guests at an event.
- Discovered five-star flavors; developed new recipes for family and friends.
- Achieved award for outstanding culinary performance.
To become a corporate chef, at least an associate’s degree in culinary arts is required, in addition to years of experience. A corporate chef must have excellent managerial skills, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must be creative, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, must have excellent organization skills, and must have excellent time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.