Collections Specialists are in charge of contact customers who have not paid their payments, and they work for debt collecting firms or in account receivable departments. Their duties include maintaining records of collection efforts, discuss payment options, update customers’ information and account status, grant time extensions if needed, approve partial payments, and communicating with various agencies.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Collections Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Collections Specialist resumes for your reference.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Reconciled financial discrepancies between patron accounts and client records.
- Processed purchase orders in the purchasing department.
- Issued purchase requisitions in a timely manner to ensure accurate inventory levels at all times.
- Handled customer questions and complaints regarding credit card payments, billing, and purchases; resolved issues by raising to a higher authority for final decision.
- Tracked merchandise for verification of price changes for client websites. Increased sales revenue through strategic pricing techniques.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Met with debtors in a professional manner to establish a mutual rapport and resolve outstanding amounts.
- Offered community service programs in lieu of monetary payment.
- Brought defaulters current on their accounts through self-motivation and outside assistance program compliance.
- Achieved excellent grades during continuing education courses.
- Surpassed quota on all accounts over 20 times (in collection) by educating delinquent clients about the importance of being current with payments; enhancing goodwill among community members as a collections specialist and member of the team.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Collected outstanding debts totaling $200,000.00 in a one-year period through telephone calls and personal visits.
- Confronted and resolved over 100 upset customers by explaining the company’s policy with professionalism, empathy, and tact.
- Reduced overdue balances by 15% in six months by making personal home visits to explain payment plan options to debtors.
- Recovered an outstanding $5000 delinquent payment for our customer; the largest one of its kind in the history of the firm.
- Assisted five other associates with developing and maintaining their extensive collection files; seven total associates were recognized for outstanding performance as a result of my work with them.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Sought out and discovered hidden assets to be collected on behalf of the court, treasury, or another interested party.
- Maintained accurate records of accounts receivable, customer data and statistics.
- Created profiles of individual debtors and creditors to fine tune collections efforts.
- Effectively achieved results by developing a strategic plan for increasing revenue, improving productivity and eliminating unproductive accounts.
- Discovered opportunities for customer relations management through effective communication with human resources representatives, management, and attorneys.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Solved residents’ billing and collections problems; assisted with billing, collection, credit reporting, and investigation functions.
- Completed forms, letters, and notices for accounts that were delinquent in payment of charges for water services.
- Researched records for delinquent accounts; determined whether customers had moved or made payments by comparing city directories to account information.
- Billed delinquent accounts accurately and efficiently. Processed payments to ensure that system of accounting was followed; maintained customer records in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Addressed all customer concerns and questions with quick responses; provided accurate information regarding account histories, to prevent harassment of customers by third parties.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Responded to outstanding accounts receivable and generated new outstanding business relationships by providing excellent customer service.
- Assessed the credit history of each client and determined the appropriate payment schedule for each account.
- Maintained records for outstanding clients and following up on delinquent accounts that had been sent to collection agencies.
- Obtained Best of Collections Award, July 2006 – June 2007; recognized by the direct supervisor as an employee who had an excellent recovery rate on delinquent accounts.
- Collaborated with internal staff to maintain a current database of accounts for outstanding collection efforts.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Managed an in-house accounts receivable program; processed credit card charges and payments.
- Successfully reduced database processing time by 20%.
- Processed credit card transactions at a rate of up to 80 per hour; recognized as the fastest processor.
- Build customer relations through individualized attention and hard work. Recognized as a value employee due to above-average collections.
- Maintained business ethics while working with customers, such as apologizing for the company’s inconvenience caused by misinformation from another department or financial institution.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Obtained one of the highest collections rates in the region for accounts totaling $30,000 or more.
- Handled over $150,000 in disputed accounts within two months of taking over; restored the good name of the company to those who had lost faith in its ability to recover funds owing.
- Reinforced the image of a well-established organization by implementing a priority collections program geared toward lowering the company’s Bad debt Write Off (BDWO) percentage.
- Decreased delinquent accounts receivable by 50% within nine months as a result of consistent and thorough follow-up with clients on every account that fell more than 30 days overdue.
- Increased annual revenue by $500,000.00 through early detection, prompt follow up, and overall good name of the company in the legal community.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Assisted with daily collections activities such as servicing due mailing accounts and maintaining open accounts.
- Worked with a team of professionals to analyze, develop, and implement new processes for managing our administrative and collection departments.
- Managed key processes within our business by developing work instructions and procedures which contribute to increasing revenue.
- Provided strong guidance to other department employees ensuring that all tasks were completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Realized that the best way to build an organization is through relationships with its employees – the quality of each employee’s work is directly related to his/her contribution to the mission of the organization.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Collected $274,000 in delinquent invoices while increasing monthly collections by twenty percent.
- Recovered $3,500 owed to clients through telephone follow-up and legal means.
- Coordinated charity fundraisers for the United Way totaling $12,000 in donations from 115 workers to benefit local non-profit agencies.
- Ousted liens placed on clients’ properties for a total of $20,000.
- Determined the solution to multiplying revenues and eliminating creditor loss. Received recognition for outstanding results for every month since last promotion; earned annual bonus every year since joining the department.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Resolved complaints, reversed claims, and settled accounts; negotiated with customers over payments to be made.
- Coached department representatives on telephone etiquette for collections calls; hosted a live seminar for this purpose.
- Performed difficult duties during a customer service initiative which provided quality training to company representatives in addition to extensive supervisor training by actual calls from supervisors.
- Motivated and directed employees to greater success while coaching them on sound ethical business practices.
- Received an Employee of The Year nomination in 2002 based on accomplishments of my work ethic, customer service ethic, and skill set contributions within the job role of Collections Specialist.
Collections Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Capitalized on the opportunity to continually study business and finance policies and procedures in order to increase the accuracy of billing, collections, and dispatching processes.
- Trained new employees in the collection department on abilities necessary to realize greater efficiency with respect to collections.
- Received superior work performance recognition from superiors and peers for exceptional performance in collecting delinquent accounts receivable.
- Worked long hours performing sensitive collections/billing duties requiring an understanding of taxation issues (more than ten years experience).
- Received superior performance award for promptness, accuracy, and professional attitude; effectively assisted supervisor with day-to-day responsibilities.
To work as a Collections Specialists, you must have a high school diploma. Collections Specialists must demonstrate excellent communication skills, customer service skills, computer skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills, organizational skills, and mathematical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.