A collections supervisor manages the financial collection of debt from companies. A collections supervisor’s duties include managing collection teams, meeting production standards, abiding by collection laws and regulations, managing payment options, collaborating with companies on financial situations, and training collection staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Collections Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Collections Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Lead and manage a team of twenty collectors to increase monthly collections and decrease delinquencies for assigned accounts by 60% over the last year.
- Initiate payment plans; negotiate terms with delinquent account holders, home health care agencies, and utility companies in order to liquidate accounts.
- Achieve an outstanding production rating; lead team of 10 to liquidate $20 million in debt within five months by increasing collection calls from 40 per week per collector to 80 per week per collector; collect on 86 % of all liquidations.
- Increase average call completion rate from 85% in second quarter 2005 to 96% in fourth quarter 2010.
- Promote growth in number and diversity of consumer and commercial accounts by 40%.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Produced an average of $6,000 in monthly collections.
- Redeemed a past due account for less than the retail price after extensive negotiations with 3 sucessive owners.
- Promoted to Collections Supervisor within 1 month of hiring; primary benefit of previous finance experience.
- Identified and implemented new collection processes that increased revenue by 15%.
- Developed positive relationships with customers to increase satisfaction, retention rates, and loyalty of long-term customers.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Gathered delinquent balances for over $15 million of outstanding receivables through phone calls, personal visits, and letters.
- Assisted in weekly meetings to review progress on accounts flagged by collection analysts; resolved over 60% of targeted accounts.
- Spearheaded the implementation of legal enforcement strategies for uncollected balances exceeding $100,000; collected 80% of amounts owed after execution of said actions.
- Wrote daily reports summarizing collection activity and progress toward targets set by Risk Management department.
- Recorded results on spreadsheet for future reference, including current month’s achievements under each category assigned (outstanding balance due, collections made).
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Maintained superior collection rate for assigned credit card portfolio.
- Proven results as a collections specialist; averaged 91% recovery rate per 120-day account delinquency cycle and recovered $876,000 in past due receivables over first three quarters of fiscal year.
- Achieved 100% satisfaction rating from customers, many of whom stated that I was “professional and courteous” and who appreciated the “positive attitude”.
- Awarded Employee Recognition Award at company headquarters after being one of top five collectors nationwide for customer service quality.
- Developed four new payment plans to help ease financial hardships on delinquent accounts which helped me meet collection goals.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Effectively managed a team of 25 employees.
- Launched debt recovery campaigns, which have saved the company more than 15 thousand Euros in bad debt write-offs and decreased debtor days by 2 days.
- Made contact with 1,000’s of customers to establish that they were aware of their outstanding debts.
- Met quota for number of overdue accounts returned to performing status; increased recovery rates from 10% to 20%.
- Awarded “Employee of the Year” for performance and productivity; recognized through written commendation and cash prize award at company awards banquet.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Delivered A+ customer service for high-value accounts, e.g., mortgage loans, by diving into business details to determine affordability.
- Handled 4,000 disputes among various parties regarding property/business ownership and financial liabilities during course of two years.
- Recovered $500K in delinquent accounts within first 90 days on the job; led team to recover collection losses totaling over 30% exceeding prior year’s results.
- Directed citywide collections efforts during flooding disaster following Hurricane Rita; contributed 20% over goal in donations and 5% over goal in voluntary flood insurance payments received during time period.
- Successfully resolved hundreds of disputed accounts (i.e., foreclosure, repossession, and title claims) by gathering evidence and simultaneously negotiating with multiple parties to reach resolutions.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Monitored account relationships to ensure timely payments were made according to contract terms.
- Provided resolution of customer inquiries by researching issues, developing resolutions, and documenting all procedures.
- Implemented new collections processes that increased collection revenue in excess of $120 million annually.
- Given Team Excellence Award for outstanding support during merger with Smith Cooper; organized over $500 million in receivables in the absence of critical positions in two weeks’ time.
- Recognized by supervisor for achieving sales goals, exceeding departmental sales quota, delivering monthly projections on schedule, and opening new accounts when other co-workers had not been able to do so.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Rewards for strong performance included a 15% raise and promotion, meeting the requirements of Certified Professional Collector (CPC).
- Oversaw intake, preliminary examination, and resolution of over $12 million in consumer debt.
- Entrusted with overseeing monthly collections reports that standardized data into client-friendly graphics and presentations.
- Trained and mentored six new hires on best practices to maximize collection results; all six achieved CPC designation within 3 years.
- Introduced new call center software system including training all team members on how use it effectively; reduced staffing needs by 10%.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Effectively maintained and monitored the daily call schedule for adherence to business hours; set and achieved monthly collections goals.
- Led numerous semi-annual employee recognition programs that honored outstanding call center employees with awards such as “Top Performer,” “Call Monitoring Superstar.”
- Facilitated professional development seminars on customer service improvements, including phone etiquette and authenticity in authentication techniques.
- Achieved the prestigious client satisfaction award based on feedback from clients who applied for credit cards; recognized by executive leadership team.
- Provided training to new employees on how to manage sensitive customer interactions and effectively resolve account issues.
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Managed collections staff, including training, hiring, coaching performance, setting goals and objectives.
- Promoted to Collections Supervisor for managing an outstanding group of professional collectors that have produced results in excess of $20 million annual revenue.
- Increased departmental productivity by 22% while maintaining quality service within budgeted expenses.
- Pioneered new delivery channels by building rapport with local courts and judges which resulted in the successful collection of restitution payments through alternative methods such as wage garnishments and property seizures.
- Successfully managed a team working out of four different states across the US; increased sales 30% over two-year period.
To become a collections supervisor, a bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field is required. A collections supervisor must be an expert in finances, must be a problem-solver, must be analytical, must have sound judgement, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, and must be able to work in a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.