A Care Giver in the therapy field helps people with physical therapy exercises. Duties include assessing the current physical condition of the client, designing a plan to help the client, paying attention to safety, reporting any unusual behavior, checking to make sure client is taking their medications, and documenting exercises done and their results.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Care Giver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Care Giver resumes for your reference.
Care Giver Resume Sample 1
- Treated patients according to New York State Department of Health standards and hospital guidelines; established rapport with patients.
- Structured activities for patients and the elderly in the activity center to encourage interaction with other residents, families, and staff.
- Developed a curriculum for residents based on each resident’s personality, health problems, interests, culture, education level, etc.; earned the “Teacher of the Year” award for excellence in teaching.
- Completed an innovative activity area for dementia patients; designed a model where all disabilities were accommodated.
- Entered internship program on third shift to gain experience with geriatric patients; completed one year of internship.
Care Giver Resume Sample 2
- Performed dietary and exercise programs as directed by physician’s orders.
- Prepared and delivered meals for clients with disabilities.
- Performed administrative tasks associated with the daily operation of a large home health agency; effectively completed paperwork and quality assurance tasks associated with client’s care.
- Coordinated visit schedules with physicians; utilized computer program to assist in online tracking of medication administration.
- Maintained employee records, accumulated comprehensive knowledge of insurance procedures; effectively-prepared detailed meal menus on request of physicians’ office staff.
Care Giver Resume Sample 3
- Accomplished treatment of the elderly including bathing, dressing, and cleaning rooms.
- Helped patients to walk up and downstairs.
- Collated and documented physical examination findings.
- Gathered information regarding nutrition, sleep patterns, overall health, and other caregiving issues of each patient.
- Prepared medications for patients; administered medications appropriately at the appropriate time under physician’s orders.
Care Giver Resume Sample 4
- Responsible for the daily care and supervision of a 9-year old child with Down Syndrome.
- Energetic, outgoing, and friendly personality.
- Assisted by running errands or performing light housework during my free time.
- Organized activities and outings to accommodate multi-modal therapy needs while holding down a full-time job.
- Patient, understanding, and able to communicate effectively with family members.
Care Giver Resume Sample 5
- Supervised care for medically fragile children, which included monitoring vital signs, changing dressings, and administering medications.
- Assisted in the treatment of patients receiving dialysis; offered emotional support as needed.
- Achieved award for being a role model to the residents; demonstrated a positive attitude and willingness to assist in any situation.
- Recognized employee of the week based on staff ratings as well as patient survey ratings; received the award at a company-wide meeting with management.
- Dedicated to maintaining a clean and safe environment; received recognition from corporate headquarters for the outstanding initiative.
Care Giver Resume Sample 6
- Supervised residents and coordinated activities to develop optimal levels of independence, personal growth, and socialization.
- Provided excellent customer service by addressing the needs, concerns, and requests of residents as quickly as possible.
- Maintained a high level of confidentiality with supporting documentation regarding resident’s care plans; received recognition for providing exceptional customer service.
- Recognized for outstanding attendance; attended all scheduled shifts on time.
- Received appreciation award for an outstanding year of attendance; maintained 100% of scheduled shifts in 2012.
Care Giver Resume Sample 7
- Designed and implemented individualized care plans that met the needs of patients.
- Conveyed information to families while making certain they were aware of their loved one’s needs and prognosis.
- Collaborated with physicians, nurses, and therapists to ensure effective treatments were utilized.
- Created clinical documentation for administrative purposes; verified the accuracy of electronic data, as well as transcription errors by reading all dictated reports before finalization.
- Actively participated in an interdisciplinary team; served as a primary caregiver to patients with a wide range of illnesses, developmental disabilities, and intellectual disabilities.
Care Giver Resume Sample 8
- Supervised clients as they performed daily activities.
- Contributions to the group and individuals were recognized.
- Evaluated client progress and provided therapeutic interventions.
- Documented client progress in therapy journal, keeping client records up to date for documentation purposes and the future continuity of therapy when the therapist is no longer with the agency.
- Made referrals to other therapy resources, such as social workers, psychiatrists, and psychologists.
Care Giver Resume Sample 9
- Effectively interpreted and managed information received from clients and employers to ensure that the work of the therapeutic team was best served by the supported client.
- Followed the care plan to achieve the goals of each client by providing therapy, education, guidance, and referrals when requested.
- Helped clients gain control over their lives by empowering them to help themselves; achieved excellence in several areas including communication, organization, and success.
- Provided effective family counseling services such as parenting skills training, interpersonal conflict resolution techniques, group therapy programs for children with behavioral problems, and marital adjustment techniques.
- Continued professional development through membership in a support group for family caregivers.
Care Giver Resume Sample 10
- Achieved a high level of success as an Employment Specialist.
- Provided incentives for employment; listed company programs to help individuals achieve their career goals.
- Helped families and individuals find employment in the community; maintain a list of available jobs with application instructions.
- Maintained professional relationships with employers and individuals; established job fairs as effective tools for self-employment in cooperation with The Job Connection.
- Recognized by senior management for outstanding performance; received the annual company award for ‘Employee of the Year’ in 2008.
Care Giver Resume Sample 11
- Co-ordinated activity schedules and providing care to clients.
- Captured client’s interests, needs, and achievements and reported them as part of their care plan.
- Designed activities that best support client’s needs; successfully implemented modifications in the plan as necessary to ensure success.
- Created individualized goals for each client; facilitated the hiring of new staff in the therapy department when needed.
- Received outstanding quality award; implemented effective activities to improve client’s care and well-being.
Care Giver Resume Sample 12
- Improved patient’s enjoyment of sensory-based activities that lead to enhanced mental and physical functioning.
- Dealt with the physical, emotional, and psychological needs of various patients with different developmental levels.
- Supervised and assisted staff in providing services to clients.
- Assisted in individual and group therapy sessions using a variety of therapeutic techniques and modalities based on the needs of each client.
- Became an active member of the community caregiving team.
Care Giver Resume Sample 13
- Recognized for the outstanding care and compassion demonstrated to clients; received an award from the owner for exceptional care, respect, and professionalism exemplified while dealing with difficult situations that were handled with a high sense of professionalism.
- Demonstrated competence and a congenial relationship with clients; observed clients receiving therapeutic benefit and progress.
- Achieved award for exceeding expectations in contributing to client’s progress through excellent care, respect, and professionalism; provided guidance regarding her client’s expectations.
- Completed Kinesiology II test administered by occupational therapy faculty members.
Care Giver Resume Sample 14
- Performed duties with professionalism and integrity.
- Satisfied the needs of clients by following supervisor’s instructions; adhered to therapeutic techniques.
- Collaborated with the supervisor and other staff members; effectively treated and supervised clients.
- Learned new counseling techniques, related to clients’ needs.
- Completed therapy with positive results.
Care Giver Resume Sample 15
- Assured the safety and health of patients.
- Accurately recorded patient information, prepared and served meals to patients, ensured the cleanliness of patients’ living areas, and maintained a sterile environment for nurses.
- Maintained a safe environment for clients by directing visitors to restricted areas and preventing unauthorized entry into client rooms; maintained missing client reports.
- Cared for clients under their treatment programs; supervised menial tasks performed by aides; engaged in therapeutic play with children based on their individualized needs.
- Maintained a professional appearance; maintained a neat and clean environment.
A bachelor’s degree in physical therapy is required for this job, plus you must pass the National Physical Therapy Exam. Skills needed to succeed are compassion, patience, dedication, innovation, team orientation, effective use of time, ability to set priorities, organization, and a professional attitude.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Care Giver Resume Samples
- Care Giver Resume Sample 1
- Care Giver Resume Sample 2
- Care Giver Resume Sample 3
- Care Giver Resume Sample 4
- Care Giver Resume Sample 5
- Care Giver Resume Sample 6
- Care Giver Resume Sample 7
- Care Giver Resume Sample 8
- Care Giver Resume Sample 9
- Care Giver Resume Sample 10
- Care Giver Resume Sample 11
- Care Giver Resume Sample 12
- Care Giver Resume Sample 13
- Care Giver Resume Sample 14
- Care Giver Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up