A biomedical equipment technician assists scientists in the laboratory by ensuring the safety and working order of the laboratory and healthcare equipment. Job responsibilities include installation and maintenance of equipment, calibration and repair of equipment, preparing reports of data analysis, assisting biomedical and medical scientists with medical procedures and performing safety tests, maintaining the supply inventory, and directing operation of biomedical equipment and instructing others on the use and care of equipment.
This job requires at least an associate degree in biomedical engineering, technology, electronics or engineering, with many employers offering to pay for obtaining official certifications from the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation. A successful biomedical equipment technician will have experience with clinical lab testing, excellent documentation and record keeping skills, critical thinking and analytical skills, experience with equipment calibration and repair, experience with sterilization and infection control, is flexible and able to multi-task, and possesses a technical knowledge for reading journals.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Biomedical Equipment Technician resumes for your reference.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 1
- Successfully trained two new biomedical technicians in all departmental policies, procedures, and programs.
- Successfully qualified nine applicants for employment in interview process; enabled hiring of three seasoned employees through skills assessment.
- Troubleshot complicated equipment malfunctions to ensure smooth operation of equipment and achieve five-star customer service rating.
- Utilized skill set to complete all required training related to competency in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular testing/monitoring, respiratory care, etc. within company guidelines.
- Identified areas where improvement was needed when interviewing candidates for position; influenced training sessions by identifying appropriate learning styles and delivery methods needed for mastering concepts.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 2
- Conducted installations and repairs of clinical equipment as well as instrumentation & controls, air compressors, vacuum pumps, balance enclosures.
- Performed preventative maintenance services which included cleaning the system and components to improve process performance.
- Recognized by Regional Vice President for ability to troubleshoot a broad range of mechanical problems through innovative thinking.
- Effectively resolved skilled trade issues related to equipment tools and work processes during the renovation project at the Mass General Hospital.
- Pioneered new biomed practices with constant contributions in streamlining set up procedures and effectively communicating treatment plans to patients’ families.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 3
- Maintained inventory of medical equipment and facility assets by examining, cleaning, testing, lubricating, and repairing biomedical equipment.
- Prepared reports for clients involving recommended repairs to defective equipment.
- Contributed in the annual departmental budgeting process through accurate forecasting of quarterly profits & losses.
- Resolved a major systems issue when a mainframe computer went down during power outage thereby allowing production staff to continue making payroll.
- Implemented new work processes resulting in greater efficiency and improved accuracy in billing accounts receivable totaling more than $350 thousand annually.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 4
- Experienced with a wide array of biomedical equipment including X-ray, fluoroscope, CT scanner, ultrasound machine, EKG monitor, glucometer.
- Completed training in phlebotomy and electrocardiogram procedures; named to honor role as “Phlebotomy Technician of the Year.”
- Promoted from technician status to technologist for thorough knowledge of medical information and great care in patient treatment.
- Met life standards by receiving two awards for reaching beyond patient expectations.
- Received certification from AAMI in Adult Cardiac Life Support CPR/AED and Basic Life Support CPR/AED.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 5
- Successfully assembled, tested, and operated new equipment used for treatment of cardiac arrest/resuscitation.
- Instructed medical staff in proper operation of advanced equipment by providing hands-on training sessions.
- Diagnosed malfunctions in respiratory machines; repaired several devices while maintaining other patients on ventilators.
- Conducted thorough maintenance checks to ensure all equipment was running properly prior to use on patients or during transport.
- Identified faulty parts by listening to the hums of errant motors; ensured appropriate replacement part was used before allowing the device back into service.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 6
- Diagnosed and repaired medical equipment in a well-regulated environment to ensure proper functionality.
- Revitalized the tracking system for consistent communication between departments, by mapping out new business process flows with computer applications.
- Handled high volume of customer requests and demonstrated key knowledge for providing quality service.
- Enhanced productivity by 25% through establishment of daily standard work performance metrics via Job Order Kitting.
- Achieved award for demonstrating creativity in design and development of innovative products.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 7
- Repaired and refurbished hundreds of pieces of equipment ensuring they were in working order.
- Developed strong troubleshooting skills through experience repairing various different equipment from multiple manufacturers.
- Provided exceptional customer service to patients, physicians, support staff, and administrators.
- Completed clinical studies successfully by accurately calibrating diagnostic imaging equipment according to protocol requirements.
- Identified a patient’s chemotherapy pump malfunction that was resistant to all previous attempts at diagnosis.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 8
- Employed at a neurology call center to provide support, service, and education for patients that experienced conditions associated with epilepsy.
- Utilized knowledge of Neurology, Epilepsy, Brain Injury, Dizziness to develop rapport with patients over the telephone while adhering to HIPAA guidelines.
- Recognized by management for excellence in customer service resulting in positive feedback from patients during satisfaction surveys.
- Pioneered innovative marketing strategies after conducting marketing analysis of targeted marketing strategies for local area.
- Gained experience in Biomedical Equipment Maintenance, Repair & Troubleshooting while partaking in on-site service calls for major medical facilities .
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 9
- Managed and maintained medical equipment for an outpatient clinic.
- Troubleshoot and repair of biomedical equipment including MRI, CT scan, ultrasound machines and other diagnostic imaging systems.
- Achieved knowledge and skills in the field of medical imaging technology after completion of industry certification program.
- Presented research paper on Biomedical Equipment Technology at National Convention; recognized for leadership abilities.
- Provided exceptional service to patients by ensuring that all equipment is ready to be used before patient arrival.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 10
- Successfully completed the in-house medical equipment inventory.
- Revised deficient regulations and specifications for respiratory therapy devices, allowing the company to conform with FDA regulations.
- Maintained budgetary control of biomedical equipment department; cross-trained to help ensure 24/7 coverage in case of emergencies.
- Improved service delivery by identifying and resolving deficiencies associated with battery recharge systems in wheelchairs.
- Upholstered all chairs used throughout department; recognized by senior managers for good work ethic and teamwork capabilities.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 11
- Reviewed equipment problems with staff to determine root cause and recommend corrective actions.
- Trained staff on maintenance of automated patient lift system.
- Inventoried pharmaceuticals daily, recorded data in computer system, and monitored storage temperatures.
- Developed effective rapport with physicians, technicians, pharmacists, and patients to meet productivity standards.
- Provided technical expertise for a start-up biomedical company in the design of a new piece of laboratory equipment for cancer research.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 12
- Built rapport with all levels of staff within the hospital, encouraging continuous feedback and support.
- Provided technical assistance for computer hardware, peripheral equipment installation to ensure uninterrupted information flow throughout the department.
- Recognized as an expert regarding proper usage and troubleshooting of medical gas systems used in surgical settings.
- Analyzed malfunctioning electromechanical equipment and diagnosed root cause; provided effective solutions to prevent future breakdowns prior to scheduled work sessions.
- Assisted customers during issues with their medical imaging machines by researching resolution options via telephone or online resources without negative customer impact.
Biomedical Equipment Technician Resume Sample 13
- Adhered to all infection control policies while ensuring Biomedical Equipment Department cleanliness standards completed reports of equipment inspections.
- Provided technical assistance to internal customers, including arterial lines, tracheotomy care, hemodialysis machines, respiratory therapy equipment, and ultrasound machines.
- Participated in customer surveys related to service excellence; received high annual ratings based on survey scores.
- Encouraged clinical staff education on new products by attending hospital monthly interdisciplinary committee meetings.
- Monitored quality assurance on diagnostic imaging patients for accuracy of patient information before conducting studies.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.