Behavioral Health Technicians assist and record treatment plans for patients. Their duties include partaking in regular planning meetings, providing patient supervision, assisting their daily activities, assessing patients’ progression, guiding them through rehabilitation, maintaining patient records, scheduling appointments, providing medical assistance.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Behavioral Health Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Behavioral Health Technician resumes for your reference.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 1
- Monitored case files for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Oversaw patient care scheduling procedures in preparation for each shift.
- Administered medications to patients based on physician’s orders in accordance with facility policies/procedures.
- Served as a resource person for family members seeking assistance during times of crisis or emotional distress.
- Provided support for staff by taking charge of transportation arrangements when employees are unable to perform their regular duties due to illness or injury.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 2
- Accomplished administrative duties of the department including reports, filing, reports, mailings, and ordering supplies.
- Provided caring support for patients through meetings with them individually to ease emotional distress.
- Helped patients develop strategies for coping with anxiety by developing therapeutic trust in group sessions.
- Enabled positive patient behavior changes during 6-month assignment conducting psychiatric evaluations on children age 7 – 10 years.
- Assisted clients in improving self-esteem by establishing weekly body image therapy groups using relaxation methods and cognitive discussion.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 3
- Greeted and registered clients in a professional manner, using client charts; updated records with client progress notes following sessions.
- Compiled data to create reports based on health care trends and issues.
- Recognized by peers for excellent productivity and initiative; nominated as employee of the month three times in 2001 after creating an incentive program for staff performance goals.
- Attained high praise from supervisor and team leader for superior customer service and rapport building with clients.
- Facilitated workgroup meetings, updating supervisors on projects or task assignments; compiled statistics that provided key information for future decisions.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 4
- Reduced turnover and absenteeism by 30% in the department of over 45 employees.
- Achieved full compliance with state and federal regulations pertaining to confidentiality, privacy, and human rights; recognized for excellence by the County Office of Education.
- Streamlined patient treatment process (applications, authorization forms) by 50%; shortened processing time from one week to two days.
- Collaborated across departments in order to create a seamless transition for patients transferring from another facility to ours.
- Exceeded patient satisfaction standards for nursing homes in San Mateo county through positive engagement in clinical rounds, social services conferences, and team meetings.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 5
- Offered emotional support, crisis intervention services, advocacy, and education to families of patients suffering from mental disorders.
- Substantiating documentation for patient’s treatment plan according to the established criteria by the medical staff.
- Assisted psychiatric nurses with handling emergencies during psychotherapy sessions with patients exhibiting difficult behaviors including verbal outbursts, increased anxiety levels, or physical aggression.
- Received certification as a Spanish interpreter after successfully completing an intensive summer training program sponsored by Mental Health America.
- Provided additional educational activities to employees including presentations on drug addiction speaking before groups of children at local schools about the dangers of drugs.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 6
- Tracked and resolved patient complaints; updated files, organized paperwork; processed insurances for an eight county region.
- Evaluated and coordinated all aspects of the treatment plan with the primary clinician based on assessments of patients’ progress.
- Provided support to clinical staff by covering reception area during absences; supervised group meetings to maintain confidentiality; maintained professional relationships with high-profile clients.
- Adhered to HIPPA guidelines at all times when processing sensitive information, including annual training requirements.
- Recognized for mentoring students seeking records management careers through producing documentation, presentations, orientations, trainings, and guest lectures regarding confidentiality laws/policies & procedures.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 7
- Administered and scored assessment instruments to children, adolescents, and adults.
- Monitored medication usage as part of a treatment plan.
- Effectively coordinated services with community providers; received appreciation letter from the Chief Operating Officer/Behavioral Health Manager for exceeding expectations.
- Accurately recorded information on medical charts and maintained records of patient behavior and side effects according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Contributed positive attitude and motivation; offered support to fellow employees, particularly during peak work hours.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 8
- Maintained high level of customer service and operational efficiency by exhibiting a positive attitude to clients, co-workers, and mental health personnel.
- Helped secure funding for the discharge training program through the development and submission of an impact statement.
- Facilitated decision making and rehabilitation planning during therapy sessions with patients.
- Trained new employees in person-centered philosophy and process; successfully supervised their work and offered ongoing guidance as needed.
- Promoted from Behavioral Health Technician I to Behavioral Health Technician II after performing well at the first position.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 9
- Provided a safe environment for clients under direct supervision by ensuring that each client’s medical, mental health, and crisis needs were met.
- Cared for the safety of clients by monitoring their well-being during assigned interactions; identified dangerous situations.
- Worked with law enforcement to remove clients from dangerous situations; successfully resolved 19 hostage situations without injury or loss of life.
- Authored reports summarizing investigation details involved in all cases attended.
- Achieved 100% success rate in removing emotionally disturbed persons (EDPs) from head-on collisions safely; saved four lives.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 10
- Provided guidance, encouragement, and motivation for patients in a psychiatric facility to achieve rehabilitation.
- Ensured compliance according to treatment plans during group sessions and individual counseling.
- Facilitated a therapeutic environment conducive to learning from mistakes through the use of effective communication techniques.
- Established rapport with difficult-to-engage clients through nonverbal behavior such as smiling, personal space boundaries, proximity, and maintaining eye contact.
- Supervised 8 employees; identified training needs, developed orientation curriculum for new staff members; assigned duties and oversaw daily operations while maintaining standards of quality care and safety in accordance with state regulations.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 11
- Assisted registered nurses and physicians in daily activities including triage, vital signs, and basic EKG interpretation.
- Handled and solved administrative tasks such as word processing, filing, answering phones; effectively organized the flow of information within a department of multiple practitioners.
- Recognized for excellent attendance while maintaining 100% productivity during three years of employment.
- Promoted to Team Leader after six months due to exceptional leadership skills.
- Received award for excellence during three weeks of training on compliance with ethical standards for safeguarding patients’ rights and welfare.
Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 12
- Provided administrative and clerical support to the nursing team.
- Assisted in planning, organizing, and evaluating staff development training courses for new employees.
- Collaborated with Human Resources in processing transfers and new hires in compliance with company policy and state and federal laws.
- Achieved department-wide accuracy standard of 99% in processing client claims through review of financial documentation for reimbursement purposes.
- Improved customer service by over 20% by developing, implementing, enforcing, monitoring, tracking, revising work instructions that are clear, concise ,and meet or exceed all regulatory requirements.
To be a Behavioral Health Technician, you may need an Associate’s degree in Behavioral Health and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. You must have a clean driving record, communication skills, documentation skills, listening skills, empathy, the ability to manage stress, maintain composure, assist patients’ movements, and lift heavier objects.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Behavioral Health Technician Resume Samples
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 1
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 2
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 3
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 4
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 5
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 6
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 7
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 8
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 9
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 10
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 11
- Behavioral Health Technician Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up