Agency nurses provide operational support to medical professionals. Their duties include gathering primary information from patients, providing initial diagnosis, filling out paperwork, organizing order of patients, scheduling appointments, answering phone calls and comforting patients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Agency Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Agency Nurse resumes for your reference.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Gained and maintained licensure working for two different agencies within one year.
- Trained and supervised D.C.H.S level 3 personnel in the care and treatment of my assigned patients at a nursing home, hospital, and hospice facilities within the community; coordinated care with ancillary physicians and staff, including pharmacists, therapists, and nutritionists.
- Collaborated with onsite physician(s) to assess patient’s health status while consulting with staff members on plans of care; prepared patient’s nursing charts accurately reflecting patient’s health status.
- Supervised and implemented nursing care plans for my patients; administered medications, treatments, and medical procedures safely and effectively based on nursing protocols.
- Received recognition for excellence in a variety of clinical settings, including special care areas for patients with Dementia, AIDS, tuberculosis and new mothers who were in labor; was also recognized for excellence in patient-Family communication.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Performed assessment, physical, and mental examinations; administered medications.
- Educated and counseled 19 people in medicine through an agency home health care program.
- Attended to over 170 nursing care needs for a local elderly clientele who required doctor’s care outside normal office hours during the holidays.
- Helped the elderly with their daily tasks such as transportation to doctor appointments, shopping, and grooming.
- Mentored new nurses on patient and family evaluation techniques that can be used to improve services provided by nurses caring for the elderly population in a private home setting.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Aided in the development and implementation of a protocol to improve time management, decrease patient waiting time, and increase nursing staff efficiency while minimizing medical errors.
- Created a prompt filing system which ensured patient service providers knew where to locate solutions.
- Improved patient access and eased customer frustration by creating an updated website.
- Increased the number of quality care patients through advertising campaigns which targeted potential clients.
- Developed advertising, customer service, and scheduling initiatives that resulted in success during tough economic times; increased billings by over 70% while working in a limited-growth market with cutbacks.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Joined the nursing staff of a hospital, immediately assuming a leadership role as interim charge nurse; became familiar with patient intake, and patient care as a level three nurse.
- Served on team at the hospital in volunteer capacity, including mid-shift coverage.
- Maintained an orderly environment by counting, recording, and filing the daily supplies of medications.
- Facilitated round-the-clock vigils over three months in patients’ rooms before they were released from intensive care unit after surgery.
- Resolved ethical dilemmas concerning patient care, including life and death decisions.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated dedication, compassion, and sensitivity in providing patient care according to each individual patient’s specific medical needs, and in working as a team with all caregivers involved.
- Confirmed patient goals by conducting thorough pre-examination interviews and establishing action plans for patient treatment.
- Performed in hospital-wide cardiac catheterization lab; demonstrated initiative by instituting safety measures during procedure.
- Trained residents, under the direct supervision of Chairman/Chief of Staff, to perform all procedures necessary for the nursing department at Covington Hospital.
- Conducted monthly educational seminars regarding health conditions and their management at the local Health Department.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Participated in a medical research project with the state of Minnesota.
- Conducted physical and occupational therapy sessions for patients who had suffered strokes.
- Performed wound care and dressing changes on patients with decubitus ulcers and tissue breakdowns. This treatment minimized symptoms that range from pain to death.
- Prepared and administered medications such as antibiotics, narcotics, and chemotherapy drugs to treat various kinds of infections, malignancies, chronic diseases, and wounds.
- Helped patients recover to their maximal health by instructing them in daily physical activities such as walking or light weight training or work-related projects at home or at the office.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Aided in the development and implementation of a state-wide training program for new agency nurses.
- Assisted with updating and maintaining a database containing shift schedules, training information on new equipment, and referrals to health care providers.
- Completed advanced coursework in phlebotomy and medication administration; administered five immunizations to patients in only five minutes.
- Prescribed medication for a patient having diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, back pain, allergies, insomnia, and depression; suggested changes in diet which resulted in improved health status.
- Successfully concluded field work associated with an advanced practice nursing program resulting from passing an examination.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Enhanced patient satisfaction ratings by effectively performing clinical duties including medication administration and patient education.
- Provided bedside assistance under pressure of a busy nursing unit; ensured that patients received quality care and services.
- Assisted new nurses with their orientation to the short-term acute care facility; offered advice and support so that the new hires could learn how to best provide medical attention for patients.
- Sought out innovative solutions for increasing efficiency in the Medical/Surgical Unit; identified cost-cutting ideas which were then implemented by staff members.
- Received the leadership award for assisting new employees in assimilating into the work environment.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Supervised and provided care to patients under the direction of hospital staff. Assisted in administering and monitoring medication, IVs, and feeding tube feedings.
- Maintained patient records and assisted in preparing and maintaining patient charts.
- Observed patient’s vital signs, body functions, nutritional status, sleeping patterns, behaviors; made daily assessments; interpreted results.
- Accurately diagnosed patients with a wide range of health problems from a variety of sources; supported clinical diagnoses by documenting results in patient charts.
- Accurately interpreted results from x-rays and laboratory tests for appropriate treatment plans for each given case; enabled proper administration of medications to patients.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Recognized as one of the top 20% of all agency nurses.
- Successfully provided health care to patients with life-threatening illnesses; assisted doctor in diagnosing and treating a potentially fatal condition.
- Realized award for outstanding community service; volunteer work included staffing health workshops, bicycle safety class, and immunization clinic with flu vaccine.
- Gained experience by shadowing experienced nurse at prestigious hospital; provided compassionate nursing to critically ill patients.
- Exceeded expectations as care provider to terminally ill patients; provided patient with restful quality of life through emotional support and understanding.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Patiently handled all emergency situations in a calm, controlled manner.
- Researched medical literature to verify medical information.
- Outlined nursing procedures for physicians for quality care.
- Educated patients on the purpose and methods of various treatments, including wound and suture care.
- Prepared educational programs to promote the prevention and control of communicable diseases.
Agency Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Provided professional home health care and medical services for patients, assuring quality of care.
- Acted as a liaison between physician, patient, and family; accurately recorded daily home care plans on health chart.
- Visited patients at their home residence to provide critical care, counsel patients regarding medications and treatments, and promote prevention measures.
- Redirected health plan activities to achieve desired outcomes with limited resources in an atmosphere that encouraged individual teamwork while implementing cost-effective practices.
- Developed complex treatment plans that improved the quality of life for six collaborative hospice clients.
To work as an agency nurse, you must complete a state-approved nursing educational program and obtain a license for employment at a hospital or physician’s office. Agency nurses must demonstrate good people skills, superior organization, comfort in talking with clients, empathy, understanding of basic medical terms, calmness and a passion for healthcare.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.