Veterinary Nurses provide professional health care to animals in conjunction with a veterinarian. Their duties include collecting and preparing laboratory samples, conducting intake of patients, taking x-rays, assisting with laboratory tests, setting up surgical instruments, and anesthetizing animals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Veterinary Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Veterinary Nurse resumes for your reference.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in performing diagnostic tests for common mammals and birds.
- Determined appropriate care and medications for clinic patients through accurate diagnosis of symptoms.
- Trained junior veterinary staff in proper sterilization techniques, disinfection procedures, and autopsy preparation.
- Prepared vaccines and pharmaceuticals to give to customers’ pets; provided beneficial treatment plans that assisted pet owners throughout the procedure.
- Diagnosed and treated an unusual case involving a parrot with streptococcus pneumonia resulting from self-mutilation; contributed to saving the bird’s life through extensive research online, including finding possible treatments advocated by other expert avian vets worldwide.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in daily care of animals such as administering medications and treatments, collecting specimens, record vital signs on charts and graphs.
- Recruited to assist in research on heart rate changes in dogs during anesthesia induction by Dr. Patel.
- Gained recognition for unique ability to maintain rapport with pet owners through effective communication skills.
- Selected to care for thirty laboratory mice used in vaccine study; maintained adequate health of mice under stressful conditions.
- Met deadlines despite long hours inside the veterinary clinic where I was employed, due to over sixty percent of employees out sick with the Swine Flu virus.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Efficiently manage animal health care records within the hospital community.
- Aided veterinary technicians with examinations, vaccinations, treatment, and surgery procedures.
- Assisted veterinarians in performing diagnostic laboratory tests including urinalysis and hematology.
- Implemented medical therapies by administering treatments; served as liaison between pet owners and veterinarians regarding medical conditions of animals under care.
- Streamlined treatment protocols for walking pets by walking dogs through waiting room at busy times to free up clinic space for nursing functions; recognized by managers for outstanding performance.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Gave pain and passive euthanasia in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with hospital and state policies.
- Performed in-depth physical exams of animals including oral, rectal, vaginal/womb, heart, lungs, joints; assisted doctor by gaining patient information; prepped for surgery and sterilization.
- Administered medications such as pills or injections based on specific orders from doctor; according to state policy.
- Assisted doctor with office work including filing insurance claims, writing reports on cases reviewed at yearly clinic meeting; managed phone calls; scheduled appointments; processed invoices and payments for services rendered.
- Contributed to the success of a veterinary clinic by ensuring a professional, caring environment for animals and their owners.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Performed echocardiograms and ultrasounds on animals, as well as monitored oxygen levels and assisted veterinarians with injections.
- Recognized by the director of client services for exhibiting outstanding leadership qualities through excellent phone etiquette and demonstrated knowledge of veterinary care.
- Enabled pets to return home healthy after surgery via thorough preparation including bathing, shaving, clipping nails, administering medication, answering questions about recovery requirements to clients.
- Promoted pet health and wellness through preventative dental care and vaccinations.
- Anticipated pet owners’ needs and concerns by greeting them at reception desk or outside kennels; effectively carried out administrative duties such as filing medical records.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Effectively managed a high volume of patients and clientele, from common colds to emergencies.
- Performed clinical skills to ensure patient comfort and safety including injections, radiographs, lab procedures, treatments, surgeries.
- Mentored less experienced veterinary technicians in animal behavior and medical care.
- Formulated successful treatment plans for pets with chronic conditions such as diabetes mellitus and arthritis by establishing realistic goals that responded to patients’ individual needs.
- Actively participated in the outreach program to promote community awareness about companion animal health issues through local pet clinics and schools. The team was recognized at the World Veterinary Association conference for its efforts promoting global veterinary medicine education.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Acted as first point of contact for general enquiries; provided information on treatments, charges, and other matters.
- Liaised with the clinic’s Social Media team; updated Facebook status updates, sent out tweets, and posted to Pinterest boards.
- Assisted in the organization of fundraising events including designing leaflets and posters plus brand new ideas to promote events.
- Prepared animals for surgery by shaving fur, applying tourniquets, scrubbing surgical sites; monitored vitals before, during, and after procedures.
- Perfected veterinary nursing techniques by working side-by-side experienced Veterinary Nurses observing post operative care.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Comforted, communicated with, and cared for hospitalized animals in an effective manner.
- Assisted attending veterinary staff in surgeries to include injections, post-operative care, and hospitalization of patients.
- Prevented the spread of zoonotic diseases by following proper protocols to clean cages, food dishes, tables, equipment, etc.
- Trained over 15 junior veterinary technicians during 1 year at practice; developed expertise.
- Provided professional leadership while working on multidisciplinary teams involving large group dynamics.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Managed patient population of over 40 animals at multiple veterinary clinics.
- Provided guidance to technicians and assistants on proper procedures, protocols, medications, and medical devices.
- Saved the life of a Siberian Husky by completing an ACL repair surgery with success; recognized by Veterinary Specialist for outstanding performance.
- Developed professional relationships with doctors, surgeons, and staff members at veterinary clinics.
- Earned appreciation as a Cattle Rescuer; successfully treated massive road rash from being struck by a vehicle that had been thrown from a bull’s horns during rod riding competition.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Adhered to all hygiene policies and procedures in the cleanliness of treatment areas, suites, kennels, and runs.
- Recognized for excellence in animal care; selected as the Employee of the Month in September 2009 after displaying dedication in daily tasks by using positive reinforcement when handling animals.
- Provided exceptional customer service when dealing with clients both over the telephone and in person; earned appreciation from customers by quickly responding to their concerns.
- Responsible for ensuring client satisfaction with services provided; maintained fluid communication throughout visit via phone or email when necessary.
- Greeted customers courteously while guiding them through facility to ensure a pleasant experience.
Veterinary Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Administered medications and monitored patient’s conditions; educated clients on proper care and necessary home treatments.
- Prevented the spread of zoonotic diseases by disinfecting cages daily and served as a back up support for Veterinary Technicians, assisted in surgery as needed.
- Provided excellent customer service to ensure satisfaction with preventative healthcare recommendations and caring for sick pets.
- Provided veterinary technician support during complicated health cases; helped patients recover from traumatic injuries such as fractures, nerve damage, and organ failure.
- Assisted with euthanasia preparations consisting of shaving fur prior to administering IV drugs to relieve pain and anxiety.
To work as a Veterinary Nurse you must complete an Associate’s degree veterinary technology or a bachelor’s degree for technologists and complete a licensure exam for vets is the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE), organized by the National Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners . Veterinary Nurses must show responsible, caring, teamwork, communication, interpersonal, reliable, and administrative skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.