Trauma nurses treat trauma patients who require close medical care. A trauma nurse’s duties include identifying medical problems in patients, stabilizing patients, analyzing lab results, reporting abnormalities to the doctor or medical team, informing patient of treatment plan, and support medical staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Trauma Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Trauma Nurse resumes for your reference.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Performed in triage capacity at accident scene involving a chemical fire.
- Conducted preliminary assessment and directed mass casualty incident.
- Performed first aid and saved life of patient who collapsed while playing tennis.
- Cared for patient, following an automobile accident; stabilized patient’s condition until a doctor could administer the necessary care.
- Assisted paramedic team in providing emergency care to critically injured patient; maintained airway and assisted with CPR efforts until EMT arrived on scene.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Aided in patient safety by assessing patient responses to pain, assessing hemodynamics and pulse rates during surgery, writing orders for anesthesia and administering it, providing care for surgical mishaps, promoting patient safety with action plans, performing CPR/AED training, etc.
- Aided in patient care at a twelve bed hospital by administering IV medications and monitoring vital signs of hospitalized patients for six hours each night.
- Aided in patient care at a private medical practice by reviewing medical records that might clarify the need for specialized nursing care; provided relief to nurses after stressful work shifts on the weekend and holidays.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Served as unit representative to the nursing department; attended weekly meetings with the Director of Nursing.
- Trained new nurses on policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with standards of care; awarded as best educator by Chief Nursing Officer.
- Achieved award for most accurate and consistent charting; recognized by Clinical Supervisor for exceptional follow up and problem-solving skills.
- Received award for outstanding customer service; recognized by the Director of Medical Operations for compassion, professionalism, and communication skills in working with physicians and patients.
- Achieved award for saving healthcare costs; recognized by the Director of Nursing for utilization of the new indicators that improved clinical care.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Minimally invasive procedures and non-surgical procedures performed under the supervision of a Registered Nurse; conducted “need to know” based on medical expertise.
- Adhered to the accepted practice standards of acute hospital management.
- Adhered to the established procedure for their respective specialty.
- Made decisions that resulted in a patient’s highest level of comfort and well-being according to guidelines set forth by the Joint Commission and/or healthcare facility directors/administrators.
- Adhered to established guidelines for documentation and documentation review processes, which enable subsequent evaluation, investigation, and resolution of issues.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Implemented innovative practices and competencies within the inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Corrected impressions of nursing staff and demonstrated evidence-based practice that contributed to recovery and improved quality of life.
- Recognized for excellence in patient care; received recognition as a team player.
- Achieved award for excellence in care; effectively coordinated care meeting the patient’s needs now, achieving better outcomes, and preventing unnecessary costs. Awarded as a result of community service projects.
- Received outstanding quality award; effective in presenting information to patients, families, and physicians regarding their conditions, concerns, and treatment plan.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Achieved award for excellent job performance; answered calls in a timely manner, properly referred calls for support services, and addressed concerns/complaints/issues.
- Recognized with outstanding customer satisfaction award from the manager, who stated that “your customer service skills won’t be found at other companies.”
- Conducted record number of patient visits; consistently met standard set by the director of nursing, who commented “you are the best nurse they have.”
- Achieved outstanding quality awards; effectively handled problem and crisis situations.
- Received employee of the week award in recognition of exceptional customer service and quality employee performance.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Expertly administered a specific medication to a patient after recognizing potential for adverse reaction; potentially saved patient’s life and ensured patient received proper care.
- Provided key information regarding location of emergency drugs, equipment, and supplies as requested by supervisor during a hospital crisis.
- Achieved recognition for creating and implementing an emergency procedure kit; successfully averted an epidemic at a local drug store.
- Recognized by Medical Director as one of only two nurses throughout the organization that is qualified to administer medicine during a crisis situation due to education and experience.
- Successfully instructed new machine on proper procedure; potentially saved company thousands of dollars in repair fees.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in the Emergency Department; contributed to a decrease in patient waiting time by thirty minutes.
- Excelled at the treatment of trauma and able to deal effectively with most emergency situations.
- Received a certificate for outstanding achievement in the treatment of patients who’ve experienced an overdose.
- Accredited by the Ministry of Health from the People’s Republic of China for treating trauma and saved a life through CPR certified training.
- Received award for outstanding achievement from the hospital; contributed to a 35% increase in vital signs and heart rate.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Served as trauma nurse for 8 Regional Hospitals; provided care for a variety of trauma situations including automobile accidents and assaults.
- Trained staff to use Trauma Care System to ensure proper documentation and documentation procedure, which reduced errors.
- Actively participated in meetings, group activities and community programs to disseminate information regarding community involvement and the hospitals needs.
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to providing quality care while adhering to hospital guidelines and patient privacy measures; maintained appropriate documentation in timely manner.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled and documented data pertaining to new patients.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Performed an extensive intake interview/evaluation of a trauma patient.
- Adhered to the hospital’s policies and procedures regarding staff’s interactions with the public, including patients, visitors and family.
- Adhered to the hospital’s infection control policy.
- Obtained authority and managed employees who were assigned to perform general office duties, including correspondence, file management, and clerical functions.
- Utilized customer service skills to ensure all employees were courteous and professional in their interactions with customers via phone calls or in person.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Awarded top performance rating on all aspects of the job; recognized as an outstanding member of the team.
- Increased hospital patient satisfaction rating with diagnostic and prophylactic treatments.
- Placed the highest priority in providing consistent medical care to patients with chronic conditions.
- Achieved award for Excellent Patient Care; demonstrated excellent skills in obtaining medical records and subsequent computations pertaining to treatment and financial status of patient’s account receivable.
- Achieved award for outstanding dedication to emergency room patients; quickly located the proper chain of command and took swift action upon arrival of emergency patients.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Responded to a trauma call and administered treatment to a victim of a motor vehicle collision.
- Obtained an issue date for submission of pre-certification information.
- Dealt with sensitive issues related to human resources, such as threatening behavior and workplace safety issues.
- Provided support and comfort to families who have suffered the loss of a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, as well as those who have sustained wounds from violent crimes.
- Accompanied grieving families during their initial conversations with doctors.
Trauma Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Participated in a study regarding pharmaceuticals and their effects on patients; presented findings to team.
- Received outstanding evaluation; recognized for developing strong relationships with patients, families, and members of the healthcare team.
- Actively participated in a patient’s care from admission to discharge; positively impacted the overall quality of services delivered to an 83-year-old male patient.
- Rallied team for positive outcomes with a 97-year-old female patient who was found unresponsive; initiated emergency response procedures that included chest compressions, oxygen administration, and cardioversion.
- Rehabilitated a patient who suffered from a stroke; observed patient make great strides over time.
To become a trauma nurse, a bachelor’s degree to become an RN is required, in addition to passing the NCLEX examination. A trauma nurse must be able to work under pressure, must be organized, must be adaptable, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent technology skills, must be able to work in a team and independently, and must be empathetic.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.