A Project Superintendent manages all activity at a construction site. Duties include managing delivery of materials, supervising personnel, managing the construction schedule, making sure equipment is where it needs to be, following safety procedures, managing budget, and keeping project on schedule.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Project Superintendent Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Project Superintendent resumes for your reference.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 1
- Managed complex civil construction project which included coordinating the activities of over twenty contractors and subcontractors.
- Effectively developed multi-level contracting agreements between subcontractors and suppliers.
- Trained workers to the Federal Temporary Worker Program within the suggested guidelines.
- Functioned as an effective problem solver in a competitive, team-based environment; maintained a positive attitude when confronted with difficult situations.
- Informed and educated next level staff regarding policies and procedures, as well as assigned tasks respectfully based on their capabilities.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 2
- Fixed and maintained copy machines, office equipment and furnishings.
- Conducted clerical work in the maintenance department. Categorized transactions into proper information for system data entry.
- Maintained record and inventory of office supplies, equipment, and machines.
- Gave repair orders to area mechanics to maintain machine rates at a cost lower than agency contract rates.
- Scheduled maintenance contract employees by specific hours to eliminate overtime pay.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 3
- Served as project superintendent for over $10 million dollar, 6-story office building expansion.
- Prioritized, scheduled and supervised the completion of process within the required deadlines.
- Expressed confidence in those with whom he worked by keeping his word, showing integrity in his word and actions.
- Employed verbal skills to inspire others to commit to their jobs and their careers.
- Discovered good in people based on their actions and character traits rather than on reputation or appearance.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 4
- Supervised and coordinated the construction of a dormitory for the Horace Mann School for Boys, leading to the highest quality dormitory in the city.
- Probed construction projects of other contractors to ensure that their work met our standards.
- Took over a housing project from no-show contractor; worked late nights and weekends until completion.
- Developed and implemented three-year building plan for inclusion in a $2 billion budget.
- Procured supplies, hired personnel, and developed project budget from start to finish.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 5
- Supervised the construction of a two-story, 14,000 sq. ft. facility that houses two classrooms, a kitchenette, and restrooms on the first floor with offices and administrative space on the second floor to accommodate over 500 students between 8:05 AM and 9:00 PM.
- Supervised the utilities planning and installation of a new laundry machine to support over 700 students from September 2006 to August 2007.
- Directly supervised an office staff that serviced an average of 1200 students for one month each academic year in a new school well known for its welcoming nature.
- Adhered to deadlines and specifications in a high-stress project environment during a public school building expansion, renovation, and addition.
- Created the standards for an efficient system of ordering and managing supplies, which balanced the needs of students with limited funding.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 6
- Developed and implemented a General Manager’s Leadership Program, which included management training and development; oversaw six operational departments and oversaw the daily operations of an office.
- Coordinated multiple labor projects simultaneously which included, but were not limited to, scheduling, site visits, and documenting work orders.
- Managed multi-million dollar annual budget that included payroll administration, rent collection or assessment with accurate financial reports.
- Trained five new grade level teachers on their first day of work through classroom management techniques and curriculum planning.
- Signed over a million dollars in contracts for construction services to build roads and sidewalks, manage public works department staff, promote capital improvement projects with local agencies.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 7
- Collaborated with key personnel to facilitate the rapid expansion of a large office complex in a high-rise building.
- Trained more than seventy employees in basic office procedures and instructions of their roles, responsibilities, and benefits.
- Administered a one million dollar budget while working sixty-four hours per week; supervised four different departments.
- Understood the complex needs of monthly payrolls and expense reports; met or exceeded all financial goals without fail.
- Organized an annual employee appreciation banquet, from planning to execution, to great success with hundreds in attendance.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 8
- Led project management teams through strategic planning, scheduling, cost control, and vendor negotiation to ensure successful completion of multiple commercial construction projects on time and within budget.
- Achieved status as Construction Production Manager by adopting a customer-centered approach that met client needs in an ever-changing environment.
- Earned Performance Award for reducing labor cost, improving performance, and enhancing productivity; resulting in a 125% increase in annual profit.
- Promoted to Project Superintendent after distinguishing myself as the number one producer at the company with over 1 Million dollars in revenue 7 months before my 26th birthday.
- Achieved Executive Committee status at age 32; elected to the top management level of a $10 Million dollar industry.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 9
- Organized and administered project crews to maintain company goals and objectives.
- Supervised staff development activities designed to enhance professional attributes and overall productivity.
- Created and implemented effective training programs that provided employees with opportunities for career growth and development.
- Implemented a total reward program with financial incentives awarded in proportion to individual team performance goals.
- Assisted other departments with the resolution of personnel issues, including positive contributions made to deal with conflicts, empower employees, and improve team unity through effective communication.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 10
- Assigned and directed a team of five engineers, thirty drafters, and twenty-five technicians to design, plan, and manage the construction of major airport runway navigation systems.
- Reorganized federal office staff to increase productivity by 50% while maintaining government standards for public service.
- Streamlined documentation process for the government by creating a computer program that generated compliance reports from newly implemented data collection forms.
- Procured over $12 million in new funding for capital improvements by developing long-term business relationships with federal agencies; maintained positive relationships after the transfer of management leadership in the agency.
- Established a training program for all staff members to include instructors, engineers, drafters, clerks, and hourly employees on how to manage human resources.
Project Superintendent Resume Sample 11
- Increased workplace productivity by 20% through streamlined data collection and maintenance.
- Redesigned and updated employee handbook; effectively compiled information on benefits, policies, and work performance.
- Improved communication between upper management and employees by initiating two staff meetings per month; increased worker satisfaction by 8%.
- Motivated coworkers to achieve maximum performance in a time of limited resources by developing a work schedule that evenly distributed workloads while offering each employee an opportunity to advance his/her career.
- Organized and supervised the move of three departments into a larger office complex without negatively impacting production or employee compensation.
Educational requirements are a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in construction science, building science, or civil engineering, plus state licensure. Skills needed are attention to detail, risk management skills, communication skills, scheduling skills, cost management skills, accuracy, knowledge of OSHA regulations, and quality control skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.