Application administrators are responsible for the good functioning of applications used in an organization. Their main duties include installing and configuring software, maintaining database backup to ensure security of the applications, providing technical support to web developers, providing project reports to managers, solving network problems and upgrading applications with new features.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Application Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Application Administrator resumes for your reference.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Served as a key player in the application process for a new state’s only Joint Terrorism Task Force.
- Handled complex security updates and programming, helped to install new software, and researched, implemented, monitored, and supported all system networks.
- Monitored the financial activity of over 30 school districts to ensure compliance with governmental guidelines.
- Administered a multi-million dollar network that includes approximately 160 terminals, six servers for remote access to data, two routers for outbound access to virtual private networks from satellite locations around the world, one high-speed network printer for sending images from computer screens around the country to display at trade shows or other venues.
- Handled all aspects of new business development for a multinational corporation by researching, evaluating, and presenting viable opportunities, then soliciting corporate decision-makers to meet with management.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Adapted to changing computer environments and implemented procedural programs for over twenty-four customers by leading the design, implementation, and re-engineering of four mainframe systems.
- Evaluated workloads and managed all phases of data conversion by approving data plan guidelines, reviewing tables, updating field descriptions, creating code specifications for reports, identifying critical fields, assigning critical fields to subreports, and maintaining all subreports.
- Provided cross-training for end-users by explaining reports to department heads on how to create subreports within the master report format.
- Conducted informal research on industry standards related to best practices in application development after analyzing several data warehouses using unstructured queries.
- Reduced overall project costs by managing the installation of a message queue printer to print audit trails for all update transactions.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Employed by a multi-national software company to implement applications used in product development, sales, and marketing.
- Managed customer service call center routes for over ten thousand customers.
- Designed and coordinated data entry, database server systems, web applications, and classified ads.
- Researched use of web forums to assist in crowdsourcing for technical issues. Performed private IT consulting on Linux system administration for about one hundred dollars per hour.
- Spent five months in the Dominican Republic building the corporate email platform of a government department.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Performed background verifications, conducted security checks, and automated computer network administration.
- Created new Windows administrative tools including tools for scheduling, configuring printers, system monitoring, and auditing.
- Performed network security audits of network devices to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Written Windows applications to handle security concerns relating to lost or stolen data.
- Created the first internal VPN for corporate internal communication between offices in various locations.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Designed and implemented a wireless network, then implemented and maintained over 500 entries of data daily.
- Maintained website within four hours of scheduled maintenance.
- Coordinated weekly business needs for over 60 employees in five time zones.
- Performed virtual technical support for many foreign national companies with customized programming in their software.
- Overcame a broken workstation in the computer room in less than an hour, then trained three co-workers in advanced software with advanced security access.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Designed and implemented computer systems to streamline the management of the martial arts school’s operations.
- Organized, redistributed, and deleted records of past tournaments.
- Enlisted volunteers to aid in the administration of the Martial Arts School’s website.
- Developed an AWS application that automatically captured all visitors’ IP addresses for use in tracking web traffic.
- Streamlined the monitoring of student attendance by assigning each student a unique ID number for easy identification among multiple people practicing at once.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Supervised the successful project launches of two major computerized databases in high-traffic business environments.
- Developed individualized technical training in the use of new software development tools in both corporate and retail contexts.
- Played a vital role in the revamping of an enterprise-wide network system by improving technical efficiency, maintaining aesthetic qualities, and evaluating expansion options.
- Appraised, directed, and executed the procurement of new digital hardware for an accessible business website to improve client satisfaction with its resources.
- Guided multimedia resources to allow students with disabilities to access information more easily for use in school projects and class attendance.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Met the development needs of diverse customers (manufacturing businesses, call center organizations, hospitals, and U.S. federal agencies) through computer software projects in support of application design, business analysis, data gathering, and reporting, user interface design and evaluation, website content management, server administration support.
- Maintained and supported IBM AS400-Series and Novell NetWare networks operating systems and client/server applications.
- Interacted effectively with clients, partners, and supervisors to obtain solutions for business problems through analysis, planning, implementation, project management, customer support, and reporting.
- Advanced and supported techniques for integrating Web servers and client software components into complete Internet applications.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Acquired skills in computer software, computer hardware, and system administration.
- Designated systems administrator for complex business data center system running on three different operating systems.
- Administered a multi-tiered web server network, handling both client and server functions.
- Designed and implemented a complex database application for a large U.S.-based corporation.
- Reorganized a branch office with 98 employees to a four-level organization, containing 15 hierarchical levels of responsibilities with one manager per position.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Researched, written, and compiled an extensive database of information on clients, their agents, and applicable legislation.
- Learned Microsoft Access and VB for database development and design.
- Prepared reports for clients and staff management, creating data analysis and preparation documents for fiscal planning and analysis.
- Assisted with the implementation of new software applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepared file transfers, prepared packages for e-mail distribution, performed user maintenance such as system backup and updates.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Had successfully programmed three command-line system modules for a multi-million dollar business telecommunications company.
- Administered and maintained time and attendance and payroll systems for over 100 employees.
- Assisted with the development and fine-tuning of separate informational databases for accounting, human resource, and direct mail functions.
- Specialized in Internet software programming, database design, and network administration.
- Specialized in network installation procedures with emphasis on establishing new computer networks using Linux operating system (Long Term Support).
Application Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Applied proven analytic methods to planning, monitoring, and controlling information systems operations.
- Enhanced technical support tools by streamlining networked data collection to deliver actionable information for improving operations.
- Consolidated several databases into one system for continuous statistical reporting on platform performance.
- Designed, developed, tested, and deployed new modules for enterprise-wide communications networks to improve responsiveness.
- Tested new workflow processes by developing functional specifications and coding tests before full rollout to production environments.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Increased daily productivity on the workstation from 1.5 hours to 3.5 hours after installing seven software applications for office tools.
- Assembled a multi-configuration workstation for portability, adaptability, and ease of use on a network of ten IBM computers.
- Developed a company-wide outline of computer operations procedures, transfer codes, and data entry for more efficient business operations.
- Assisted in the training of new employees on using computer applications and workstation configurations to improve proficiency at job tasks.
- The performed computer system and network repair work on IBM computers and servers.
Application Administrator Resume Sample 14
- An administered multi-platform desktop environment for 100 end-users with zero support calls.
- Enabled access to 500 servers, 500 databases, and 500 applications by installing, configuring, and supporting servers running Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD.
- Performed timely upgrades to 50 servers without incident or downtime.
- Monitored load on twenty-five Internet access lines with zero interruptions or security breaches.
- Described technical problem accurately to manager in terms of five distinct details after analysis of lasting eight hours on multiple isolated cases.
To work as an application administrator, you require a bachelor’s degree in computer science or its equivalent and a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certificate. Application administrators must demonstrate analytical skills, multitasking skills, communication skills, technical skills, problem-solving skills, teamwork and time management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.