An Insurance sales representative sells insurance policies to potential clients. Their duties include helping clients select the most appropriate insurance policy, pay beneficiaries when policyholders die, sell retirement annuities, advise clients how to minimize risks, seek out leads and new clients, and maintain reports and records.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Insurance Sales Representative Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Insurance Sales Representative resumes for your reference.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 1
- Established customer database to retain over $10,000 worth of business.
- Angered by a competitor/competitors’ deceitful selling techniques, established database of over 100 customers willing to switch to my new business.
- Achieved Gold Star award for consistently exceeding sales goal each month; promoted to new trainee position.
- Received award for retaining best performer sales record after 3 months with company.
- Started customer referral list with the primary purpose of increasing sales and improving credibility with customers; leading to the creation of a third party’s insurance business plan.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 2
- Developed tools for selling insurance policies to large, small, and medium-sized businesses in the community.
- Earned the Independence Award by achieving new record sales levels in my district.
- Promoted to top sales performer of a 17-agency territory on three consecutive years.
- Certified by American Association of Insurance Professionals as a Life Certificate Specialist; designed and executed life settlement plans for clients.
- Awarded Sales Agent of the Year based on customer satisfaction driven by need analysis, assistance, and determination.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 3
- Identified, convinced, and managed the selling process for various insurance and property management products.
- Demonstrated effective communication to insure the understanding of customers while guiding them through policies.
- Committed to and honored commitment to provide exceptional customer service skills in an ethical, honest, and non-judgmental manner in accordance with office policy.
- Adeptly administered overall financial and administrative responsibilities for two offices totaling 15 agents in four states.
- Admitted serious flaws of blind trust, overconfidence ,and superficiality upon independent review of sales records for both offices.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 4
- Determined required product coverage for clients with insurance agents and specialists; efficiently maintained positive relationships with customers.
- Effectively delivered over 100 new client selling presentations each month, exceeding sales goal by more than 50%.
- Achieved sales award by exceeding product sale increases of 10% to 15% every quarter.
- Developed a highly productive and functional clientele base that added to 30% to the portfolio.
- Participated in numerous seminars and professional organizations related to insurance coverage, business management, and sales techniques.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 5
- Trained, guided and motivated salespeople in the use of insurance.
- Created new business leads; sold new policies; identified, developed and transferred existing accounts.
- Followed up on leads with current customers to ensure referrals and continued customer satisfaction.
- Received internal sales awards for loyalty and customer service.
- Encouraged employees by providing training, trust, respect, and direction to insure their continued growth as a company asset.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 6
- Increased annual insurance premium by 20% by exceeding the sales goal of $400,000 annually, while increasing market share among competitors in a highly competitive agency.
- Handled the most difficult customers and maintained a level of sales while reducing stress as evidenced by customer surveys.
- Earned the loyalty of customers and increased both sales and market share; devoted over 2,500 hours in community projects.
- Expanded coverage and added products; improved employee relationships; created an innovative marketing plan to increase new accounts by 20%.
- Nurtured business growth with consistent non-competitive strategies for years; sold insurance to over 100 new accounts for five consecutive years.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 7
- Achieved good results on major accounts; process claims, form contracts and adjust policies.
- Earned an excellent rating of sales performance with entire company top ten producer.
- Received two outstanding selling awards as my selling percentages were above the company average.
- Achieved financial responsibility award for maintaining proper body weight and physical condition; promoted a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise and daily water intake.
- Dealt with customer complaints regarding insurance companies problems, policies, claims and recommended resolution.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 8
- Achieved 35% increase in sales volume by utilizing new sales techniques; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Participated in a team that reorganized the field office to improve customer care and sales productivity; praised for adhering to new guidelines and delivering 100% of quota.
- Eagerly anticipated challenges from company management; eagerly participated in a customized training program, which resulted in increased productivity and earning a promotion within six months.
- Mastered skills at training other insurance sales representatives how to sell life, health, auto, homeowner’s, and commercial insurance products in group settings across seven states.
- Mentored a young insurance sales representative, who doubled his sales while learning to overcome phobias and improve communication skills through role playing.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 9
- Recognized as a top producer; assigned to the top 25% of producers in the company.
- Recognized as high-producing sales representative; promoted to assistant area manager in one year.
- Recognized as one of the best insurance sales representatives in [INSERT STATE] for three consecutive years.
- Featured in national magazine articles as a successful insurance salesman.
- Awarded American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) Exemplary Service Award and Certificate by President Clinton on behalf of AARP organization.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 10
- Planned and implemented business strategy to successfully reach independent agents throughout the American West.
- Maintained a high volume of premium sales by exceeding target performance goals.
- Increased market share through strategic marketing activities.
- Opened agency in northern California and designed and implemented a highly successful management plan for the key client relationships required to achieve mark-to-market goals.
- Impacted other clients through aggressive yet sensitive persuasion, dedication, and integrity.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 11
- Attended the annual training conference for the Insurance Producer Training Academy; trained to be an insurance producer.
- Instructed classes in insurance explaining and applying of collection laws and rights, divorce procedures, mortgage foreclosures, estate planning.
- Recognized by supervisor for outstanding sales performance; sent proposal for single premium contract renewal to client after only one day on the job.
- Received outstanding sales award from supervisor; presented by Regional Sales Manager to a client at a luncheon for 100 employees at office of record.
- Grew business to $225,000 under contract with client in one year; lead-produced two new clients.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 12
- Increased sales monthly for my agency for three consecutive years by 200%, 400%, and 600% of personal production goal.
- Voluntarily participated in three fundraising events for the Wounded Warrior Foundation, which provided aid for injured United States veterans.
- Completed over 140 hours of continuing education, earning Associate and Certified Insurance Counselor designations from the National Institute of Life and Health-Network.
- Ensured that clients received proper coverage by assessing risk factors such as lifestyle, health history, and home maintenance.
- Created my own insurance company.
Insurance Sales Representative Resume Sample 13
- Generated a $20,000 increase in sales over the prior year.
- Achieved recognition as an All Star sales agent.
- Secured top commission with 29% of total premium dollars allocated to the sales team; awarded “Agent of the Year” award by President and CEO.
- Increased company annual shareholder dividend by 10%.
- Obtained consistent 5-year growth with revenue increases of 18% and market share increases of 14%.
To work as an Insurance Sales representative, you need a degree in finance or a similar field. An Insurance Sales representative must have previous experience as an insurance agent, excellent communication, persistence, resilience, interpersonal skills, and friendly demeanor, be well organized, and have time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.