An insurance administrator ensures their company is properly covered by insurance. Duties include performing risk assessments, making insurance recommendations, maintaining compliance with insurance policies, tracks policy details, determines insurance needs, developing risk management policies, and developing loss controls.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Insurance Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Insurance Administrator resumes for your reference.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a flawless working environment in which staff was always on time with a ‘no excuses’ attitude.
- Maintained a work/life balance based on attendance, participation in team-building activities, and quality of work.
- Collaborated with staff to develop organizational goals with precise measurable results.
- Presented weekly professional development classes with excellent attendance and active participation from the staff.
- Received 96% from an independent survey from employees with 99% understanding of my role in the organization.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Worked with the sales force to develop and implement sales strategies for new and renewal business lines.
- Initiated and established firm-wide policy on term life policies in conjunction with the Operations Supervisor.
- Worked with the Operations Supervisor to develop a training manual for new hires and continuing education on term life policies.
- Worked with senior management in preparation of bylaws, articles of incorporation, and operating procedures.
- Mentored new hiree according to company policy; trained junior associates on legal issues regarding long-term care insurance products.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Became a Certified Insurance Service Representative after studying ethics, regulation, accounting, and insurance product knowledge.
- Combined my knowledge in customer service with my knowledge in policy interpretation to provide satisfactory solutions for customer concerns.
- Received awards from National Center for Disabilities for serving as a role model of an independent individual who lives with a chronic illness or disability.
- Provided valuable insight to develop a new disability insurance policy in the company’s annual strategic management plan.
- Completed extensive research to create a system to track reports by date and distribution list; reduced document tracking errors by 50%.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Researched, recommended, and underwrote commercial policies for small business.
- Developed new customer database by implementing customized systems.
- Attained award for participation in annual convention; hosted a vendor workshop to promote opportunities.
- Learned to use industry-specific terminology during this project to increase efficiency.
- Achieved recognition from peers for creative ideas that resulted in increased revenue; was awarded “Top Producer” position. @1: Increased sales in a territory that was 33% below sales for the previous year by establishing new client base and acquiring three new accounts.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Served in a managerial capacity in the claims section by resolving customer complaints and inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Was recognized as “Rookie of the Year” for achieving $10,000 premium credits within the first four months. The average for this achievement was 2 1/2 years according to senior employees.
- Awarded “Achiever of the Month” by supervisors for consistent recovery on past due accounts, which resulted in an overall revenue increase of 39% compared to revenues from last year.
- Realized new potential to watch the group as a whole, rather than work individually; realized that customer service and quality care can be provided to an individual (or family) without compromising attention to larger group.
- Developed insurance policies for commercial clients in an environment of fast-paced change in the field of risk management.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Negotiated comprehensive liability policies to protect businesses from personal injury claims.
- Participated in trials to establish liability, quantify damages, and arrive at fair settlements for injured persons.
- Created strategies for risk assessment by working with insurance agents to determine company’s ability to pay claims.
- Provided support in the defense of lawsuits resulting from personal injury or bodily harm resulting from client negligence or malpractice.
- Assigned and monitored tasks of two administrative assistants; scheduled meetings and presentations; handled correspondence.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Supervised company’s claims department; scheduled appointments; answered phones; verified financial records.
- Worked behind-the-scenes to coordinate logistics for conventions attended by the CEO, COO, and over 300 employees.
- Managed multiple development projects while completing secondary responsibilities such as customer service, data entry, payroll processing, and team building.
- Spoke publicly for 5 minutes without notes about efforts to improve customer services and bonds with other companies in the industry.
- Managed a staff of 40 full-time employees.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Closed claims within 1 month of the related incident. Created all necessary documentation to support the claims and filed with state insurance department.
- Maintained a perfect rating from physician’s offices, hospitals, and home health agencies from which to bill/collection from every quarter since first year as a policyholder until last year as a provider of services.
- Created a group insurance plan to manage over 1,000 policies for clients, maintain accurate records, and be accountable for all claims/collections issues.
- Received appreciation for being an active member of the Association of Insurance Administrators (AIA).
- Completed over 100 training hours and received certification to administer and manage insurance claims.
Insurance Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Added expertise and efficiency to the claims department by creating a system that improved daily operations.
- Assisted the company President with managing company sponsorships for youth soccer teams, Little League baseball teams, and high school sports programs.
- Drafted a proposal to help reduce auto-theft rates in our community through public awareness programs. The proposal was approved by management and resulted in a substantial increase in profits from auto-insurance policies sold.
- Recognized by my peers as team player who strives to maintain vibrant relationships with co-workers.
An associate degree in business, public administration, or related field is required but a bachelor’s degree is preferred, prior experience is a plus. Skills to succeed include excellent written communication, excellent verbal communication, ability to work on a team, the ability to prioritize, the ability to analyze, the ability to work in a high-pressure environment, good time management skills, ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to conduct research.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.