Independent Adjusters evaluate, review, and investigate insurance claims. Their duties include investigating insurance claims, deciding appropriate insurance amounts, confirming claims are not fraudulent, negotiating settlements, consulting with others to get additional information on claims, and settling insurance claims.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Independent Adjuster Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Independent Adjuster resumes for your reference.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 1
- Established efficient systems to provide documentation, claims handling, and customer follow up.
- Managed three adjusters in the course of five years; opened opportunities for growth when departments changed how they settled claims.
- Obtained awards for rapid response time in settling claims; saved company $50k during Hurricane season by finding temporary housing solutions quickly.
- Accelerated loss assessment process in natural disaster events with two or more policy holders to save money for all involved parties.
- Exceeded expectations in assessing damages after major incidents, including painting/wall replacement in severe cases.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 2
- Inspected loss claims for accuracy and efficiency.
- Resolved customer’s concerns in a timely manner; maintained detailed files on every claim handled.
- Provided technical assistance to insurance company field representatives by analyzing coverage issues, researching conditions, and explaining policy provisions.
- Evaluated damages of varying nature; accurately calculated the estimated cost of repairs.
- Collaborated with engineers for clarification of estimates or clarification of policy requirements during underwriting situations.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 3
- Retained my position as an independent adjuster for my past decade of employment with a growing firm; earned multiple pay increases and numerous awards.
- Enhanced staffing management to encourage teamwork while maintaining morale during the height of a breakdown in negotiations between labor and ownership.
- Increased sales revenue by 16% after negotiating favorable deals for one major client utilizing their current business relationship while introducing them to new opportunities.
- Restructured maintenance procedures, substantially reducing costs of equipment downtime, which combined with several projects on property maintenance yielded annual savings over $60,000.
- Concluded one project that saved company time and money by coordinating new shipments from vendors through an alternate transportation source at no additional cost using existing space in the warehouse.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 4
- Reported to work on time, attained or surpassed all sales goals, and demonstrated exemplary customer service.
- Distinguished myself as an expert in auto damage appraisal by completing over 300 appraisals per month exceeding quota by 30%.
- Negotiated with insurance company claims representatives to ensure the proper repair of vehicles damaged in accidents.
- Recognized for excellence in marketing efforts through personal study of market trends, understanding customers’ needs, offering innovative product solutions, and creating professional selling presentations.
- Managed a dedicated group of twelve technicians who consistently met job standards leading to an improvement in overall customer satisfaction ratings for the region.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 5
- Maintain C-46 aircraft to company standards by completing the required inspections and ensuring all parts are in place.
- Evaluate damages from natural disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. and determine the extent of coverage under homeowners’ insurance policies.
- Conduct inspections on residential dwellings to determine if wind, fire, flooding or other damage has occurred that is covered under an insurance policy.
- Document damage to personal property for client review before repairs are made, captures digital photos of damaged items at scene.
- Manage small projects including painting garage doors or washing windows; prepare materials list, call vendors for estimates and arrange repair work schedules with clients.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 6
- Conferred with customers, agents, and attorneys on claims issues; gathered facts to resolve problems.
- Determined extent of damage by visiting scene of loss to examine property. Recorded time spent and labor performed after each day on the job.
- Maintained professional image while working independently in North American weather extremes including rain, snow, extreme heat, and humidity.
- Achieved certification as a Certified Public Adjuster.
- Performed claim investigations according to insurance company guidelines to help preserve cash flow for commercial accounts.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 7
- Resolved over 100 claims in less than 30 days, gaining the trust of the company.
- Recognized by management for excellent customer service when resolving various claims.
- Identified trends in claim patterns to streamline procedures for efficiency.
- Authored new policies and procedures resulting in an increase of revenue, client satisfaction, and repeat business.
- Strengthened relationships with previous clients through proactive outreach efforts that increased client retention rates.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 8
- Reviewed and analyzed claims prior to recommending payment.
- Was responsible for independently writing estimates and documenting claim information with the assistance of management.
- Introduced new techniques in reviewing and adjusting damage that saved insurance companies millions of dollars annually.
- Recognized by President as the best adjuster for superior performance and dedication over an 8-year period, during which time I processed over 11,000 inspections from start to finish.
- Presented a technique for accurately establishing the extent of damage on homes after hurricanes at a conference hosted by State Farm Insurance Companies.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 9
- Updated master binder every week; catalogued and archived client claims within specific time limits.
- Deputized as acting manager of the office for a period of four months; supervised the activities of six employees, as well as agents and subcontractors.
- Formulated and implemented new procedures based on corporate risk management system; established proper paperwork to ensure compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Revised calculation methods and developed templates in order to provide customers with quick, accurate estimates on home repair costs.
- Inventory department supplies and arranged regular checkups for equipment; ensured proper use at all times through maintenance schedules.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 10
- Adjusted and negotiated property claims and total losses for tornado, wind, hail, fire, collision/auto damage.
- Investigated many fraudulent claims; identified more than $500,000 in suspected fraud.
- Coordinated estimates and repairs with outside vendors on behalf of insurance companies.
- Resolved disputes with contractors resulting from faulty workmanship or materials; reconciled over $10 million of disputed payments.
- Monitored standards compliance of more than 200 properties totaling 15+ million square feet nationwide.
Independent Adjuster Resume Sample 11
- Manage and coordinate company adjusters’ schedules, including supervising independent adjusters.
- Process data for over $18 million of property damage claims per year.
- Research insurance coverage, determine policy limits consistent with contract language, estimate costs to repair or replace effectively damaged parts of the structure.
- Conducted examinations of damaged properties; drafted reports on damages incurred during an accident, fire, earthquake, vandalism, storms, floods and other acts of nature. Obtained signatures from insureds before disbursing settlements.
- Resolved disputes between insurers and insureds by providing evidence to support claim amounts determined by estimating the cost of repairs consistent with state codes regarding new construction methods.
To work as an Independent Adjuster, you need an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Insurance, Finance, Business, or an equivalent field, and many states require a license. Independent Adjusters must demonstrate excellent analytical skills, communication skills, math skills, interpersonal skills, logical thinking skills, customer service skills, and detail-oriented skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.