Human resources administrators are the primary point of contact within an organization for all HR related enquires. Their main duties include answering employees on matters HR, preparing HR documents, administering compensation programs, working with recruitment agencies, maintaining employee records and reviewing organization policies.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Human Resources Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Human Resources Officer resumes for your reference.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 1
- Implemented and revised policy and procedures manual; created new forms and documents to facilitate compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
- Developed the job description, selection criteria, interview questions for a newly created position of Receptionist/Secretary III.
- Managed compliance activities associated with administering FMLA leave policies; developed new FMLA forms for Employee Accessibility Leave (EAL) Program (JTPA).
- Recognized as Best of Breed in SHRM’s Annual Talent Management Survey; evaluated performance results against key talent management competencies.
- Introduced Web-based Learning Center to create professional development opportunities for staff through onsite training sessions and distance learning modules.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 2
- Developed recruitment strategy for filling over 500 positions in the organization.
- Selected, trained, mentored and evaluated performance of ten direct reports (Managers) working across North America; team consisting of both men and women.
- Contributed to company’s profitability by reducing employee turnover to less than 5% compared with industry average 20%.
- Implemented new HR policies increasing participation by 30%; training more than 100 people at a time (team-building).
- Provided international leadership through presentations on manpower trends conducted all over Europe, USA, Caribbean Islands, Asia, Australia.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 3
- Worked with school district and state agencies, as well as non-profit organizations, to assist employees and potential hires in identifying resources that meet their individual needs.
- Managed payroll for a staff of 200 employees including preparation and distribution of monthly checks and audits by an independent accounting firm.
- Identified open positions within organization, developed job specifications, posted jobs on appropriate websites, reviewed applications received from candidates.
- Led project team to develop new employee handbook which streamlined policies and procedures; recognized by HR Director as proactive team player with strong leadership skills.
- Influenced positive change for struggling students through various personnel programs such as peer mediation training program for teachers and classified staff members.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 4
- Spearheaded human resource department for company with workforce of over 5,000 by designing programs that increased benefits enrollment by 30%.
- Achieved compensation and benefits budget savings of $1.7 million dollars through effective analysis, negotiation, and presentation skills to leadership team.
- Promoted positive culture of human resources department by creating two original HR tools; new hires orientation program and performance management tool.
- Implemented new policies while maintaining equal employment opportunities (EEO) compliance within the organization; lead diversity taskforce in development EEO policy.
- Spearheaded employee relations program which addressed sensitive disciplinary issues without litigation; elevated public image while remaining compliant with federal laws governing labor relations.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 5
- Recruited, trained and supervised the work of seven staff members.
- Improved company performance by using most effective recruiting methods to secure candidates for dozens of open positions.
- Identified training needs during participant evaluations; coordinated development of corresponding course materials.
- Pioneered organization’s search campaign by establishing strategic relationships with local universities and colleges to increase applicant pool.
- Streamlined inter-departmental operations through cross-functional recruiting initiatives with the department manager.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 6
- Implemented a recruitment program to attract and hire skilled, highly motivated new employees.
- Achieved record levels of employee productivity by developing employee benefits packages.
- Acted as mediator between management and unions during negotiation of contracts; contributed to the settlement of all collective bargaining agreements for three years.
- Prepared an in-depth analysis of applicant qualifications including direct supervision requirements, job expectations, emotional maturity level, group dependence potential, and associated training needs.
- Assist with hiring decisions throughout the recruitment process from creating job ads to reviewing resumes and conducting interviews.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 7
- Formulate, review, and update company’s hiring practices.
- Promulgated new job posting process that increased efficiency of the entire organization by 36%.
- Conducted extensive training on all aspects of Microsoft Office software for 8 employees.
- Directly managed 12 employees while ensuring they completed their daily routine duties within established time frames and budgets.
- Established a committee to investigate grievances and disputes in the workplace; effectively eliminate discord through negotiation and collaboration between parties involved in conflict resolution.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 8
- Headed the organization of the first Tokyo International Conference on African Development held in Japan.
- Was responsible for all staffings and creating agenda items for monthly staffings to ensure that policies were being implemented as approved by City Council.
- Provided guidance and skills development training to Human Resources team members, resulting in greater productivity and efficiency.
- Organized the recruitment process; reduced turnover rate from 20% to 14%.
- Supervised three employees; provided performance feedback and coaching sessions based on results of annual employee surveys.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 9
- Briefed management on labor relations issues and initiated negotiations with local unions.
- Conducted job analysis to determine staffing requirements, increased efficiency by streamlining process for data entry into HRIS system.
- Provided excellent customer service skills in handling payroll inquiries from employees and managers.
- Promoted diversity awareness within the workplace through coaching a work team toward a more cohesive unit, strengthening interpersonal relationships between different divisions.
- Reduced manual processing time for compensation changes by 30%, reducing errors and saving staff 8 hours per week.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 10
- Provided best practices for workforce optimization by handling payroll, invoicing, human resource policies, compliance with labor relations laws and regulations.
- Adhered to company’s safety standards ensuring employees’ rights were protected through adherence to FMLA policy.
- Recruited over 100 qualified candidates for numerous open positions using sources including social media sites, websites, associations and universities.
- Gained experience in developing advertising campaigns for recruitment purposes. Responded to over 100 resumes received from applicants via online mediums.
- Hired 80% of new hires who had virtually zero interview experience; managed all aspects of the hiring process including compensation negotiations.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 11
- Achieved 100% attendance, resulting in an annual savings of $4,739.
- Managed the complete process of posting over 100 new employment opportunities on internal Human Resources Intranet site.
- Averaged up to 40 hours/week without being “on-call” more than four nights per month.
- Enhanced employee satisfaction through creation of an Employee Suggestion Grant program that generated 52 ideas worth $8,000 in its first year.
- Received quarterly award for outstanding performance based on evaluations from co-workers and managers; increased referrals by nearly 300%.
Human Resources Officer Resume Sample 12
- Implemented new employees’ orientation program, which increased the number of qualified candidates applying for positions.
- Promoted to Team Leader responsible for five HR professionals.
- Effectively coached new managers on the department’s performance appraisal system during transition period.
- Identified potential problems with recruitment process and developed plans to reduce attrition rate by 55%.
- Recruited diverse group of high-performing management trainees for mid-level positions following company initiative to increase diversity in workforce.
To work as a human resource administrator, you require a bachelor’s degree in human resource management or its equivalent and certification by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). Human resource specialists must demonstrate organizational skills, communication skills, attention to detail, management skills, computer literacy, critical thinking skills and confidentiality.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.