A freelance programmer writes code to develop or modify software programs for different clientele. A freelance programmer’s duties include meeting with clients to discuss projects, meeting with business analysts, creating prototypes, writing code, implementing programs into a client’s system, and debugging.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Programmer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Programmer resumes for your reference.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 1
- Designed and created a computer game for the Commodore 64; supervised and finalized programming of the game, which was in production for three months.
- Directed and created video games for Nintendo DS, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, Game Boy Advance (GBA), Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Super NES Entertainment System (SNES), Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) with two FireBird consoles.
- Continued software development with Information Technology at a Fortune 500 company as Lead Programmer on a Beta Release.
- Developed and implemented software for a global engineering consulting firm; automated data collection, design, research, and document delivery including developing and implementing an inventory management system.
- Completed a software implementation for a marketing group within an engineering company that included over 40 enhancements to past software packages.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 2
- Collaborated with other programmers for off-site development; facilitated testing and coordination of projects.
- Designed and implemented database schema, table structures, queries, triggers, views, procedures, operating systems, and utilities for reprogramming existing application software.
- Performed design verification of database design in order to improve productivity and reduce errors. Developed database schemas from the ground up.
- Documented complex database requirements with the assistance of full-time project manager to ensure understanding by all team members; performed estimation work to determine project duration.
- Performed at least two hours of documentation per day; communicated with client to ensure all requests were met.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 3
- Designed and built a website for a local school district with the assistance of the district’s website consultant.
- Project data collected, organized, and projected effectively during a three-week period.
- Identified requirements of the client and product’s scope while meeting deliverables’ deadlines.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with project team members to ensure collaborative efforts met achievement goals.
- Coded software without typos after minor errors corrected by client staff members.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated skills in developing highly efficient and secure software systems; systems capable of handling over thousand concurrent users without fail.
- Managed teams through project planning and budgeting.
- Created a self-learning, online forum that allowed for self-help learning about programming.
- Managed a team of six programmers, two web designers, and one graphic designer.
- Developed technical documentation for over forty-five open source projects.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 5
- Developed in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Visual Basic programming environment; wrote programs, subroutines, and macros.
- Assimilated technical business knowledge, reviewed existing software modules, and examined the related business processes of clients.
- Developed Windows-based solutions to match client’s technical specifications; redesigned programming architecture to conform with the latest XML standards.
- Designed specialized programs to manage data integrity; identified and corrected software errors onsite at clients’ locations.
- Recognized for excellence in developing applications with exceptional coding quality; maintained an average error rate of two percent on development projects over two years.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 6
- Organized and developed software solutions for various business, nonprofit, and educational institutions.
- Created web-based database systems, intranet portals, virtual private network (VPN) technology, Internet widgets and applications.
- Researched and created quality-assurance tests without compromise of functionality or schedule.
- Developed and documented technical specifications for later reuse.
- Created graphics and multimedia for websites and training videos; tested multimedia for suitability of use on variety of machines, platforms, operating systems, and browsers.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 7
- Served as Lead Developer on multiple projects including the development of a large social media site.
- Co-founded, started, launched and incorporated a successful web development company.
- Established and managed a business that developed and marketed products for GoldStar Recycling Systems for over eight years.
- Demonstrated knowledge in web design and business practices by teaching web programming concepts to more than 1400 students at North Dakota State University during the school’s Spring semester.
- Established and maintained independent partnerships with Command Air Force Oklahoma, a leading military supplier, manufacturing facility, and customer support center.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 8
- Developed, implemented, and managed complex IT projects within deadlines.
- Established and maintained relationships with clients to assure efficient and quality software delivery.
- Enhanced relationships with existing and new clients by soliciting feedback for improvements.
- Skilled at interviewing to assess the needs of client’s current or future software systems; remedied shortcomings in system design after being asked by clients to improve their systems’ functionality.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 9
- Created, designed, and deployed a complete software package with full Windows GUI.
- Demonstrated skill in developing custom modules for an enterprise product line.
- Assisted with the maintenance of a core application for six months through the integration of new features and documentation updates.
- Provided programming support for the maintenance of eight different Microsoft Office applications and document creation tools.
- Adhering to established standards, solved problems related to user interface design and error handling conditions for three major products known for their user-friendly interface.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 10
- Executed all phases of a project; from creative design to setting up the final program on a hosting site.
- Developed a web-based application that tracked, analyzed, and stored data on over 2000 customers.
- Achieved over $300K in revenues by developing software for various clients, which included businesses and government agencies.
- Upgraded firmware in areas ranging from network security to device management using Cisco and Microsoft server applications.
- Initiated plans to develop a Windows based application program for multi-state lottery game players who purchased daily numbers online and via automated phone calls.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 11
- Wrote code to streamline several Fortune 200 companies’ financial and accounting systems.
- Developed a proprietary software design tool to standardize customer application error reporting, thus improving system efficiency and customer response time.
- Created automated process for tracking daily stock turnover resulting in a five-percent improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Attained three licenses for programming languages; used additional three languages on a daily basis.
- Received first place in the SoCal Apple Developers Challenge; earned the title “Best Software Programmer.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 12
- Developed unique code to provide a website that supports medical staff and family members with patient tracking application.
- Installed and customized multiple websites, which have received appreciation from clients, community, and medical staff.
- Provided mobile development for hardware tracking devices for community-based ambulances. Works with multiple device monitoring servers to track status of individual devices within a fleet of ambulances. The data is then analyzed to determine the best routing strategy for emergency response teams. This application was developed exclusively for Pine Mountain Ambulance Service, Inc.
- Spearheaded an effort to create custom software for a local business, which resulted in a significant increase in productivity.
- Provided technical leadership on multiple projects by coming up with development strategies and providing timely updates.
Freelance Programmer Resume Sample 13
- Wrote and implemented code for custom web applications.
- Created and maintained self-built disk image program for serialization of personal computer data.
- Designed, created, and implemented a Windows-based personal computer to render video/image files from an archive.
- Created a custom animation package with features such as real-time rendering of 3D objects within a 2D background, full-screen motion support, low memory usage, and multi-threading.
- Maintained client website which earned national awards in the best small business category during two years of operation.
To become a freelance programmer, a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is required. A freelance programmer must be organized, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent time management skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must communicate effectively, must be analytical, and must be resourceful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.